We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Muss
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
JayMoyles
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 09:46 am

Feel rather sorry for the winner/biggest loser. It wears its heart on its sleeve and tries to be different - but it was too much. I quite enjoyed it. For the record, Mystery Voter Not Trying To Troll Me All That Much, I am pretty ambivalent about DQVII at the moment. It's definitely a bloated experience but now the job system's open for business and story moments are occurring, I'm warming to it. At the moment I'd rank it as a mid-tier DQ game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 09:57 am

Trouble is it needs to get to that, by which point (I'm blowing my cover a bit aren't I?) I'd long ago lost interest. The criminally underrated BSEL (can't believe only I gave it points this year) showed what JRPGs can do with pacing. I know DQVII and VIII are ports, but those aside, there's now no excuse for other JRPGs not to look, and learn.

Anyway, I agree with the first place - it's not the worst game there (just to clarify the nuance over Stella Glow: it's not a 'bad' game, but rather a bad game, the italics got lost in translation), but it's one that many of us would have bought, and be disappointed by. Ninty only had to release a new Star Fox which (as Zero says) didn't try too hard to be new. Instead they broke it by over-innovating, which is a worry for any future F-Zero or Metroid games. And as arguably the Wii U's last big 'triple-A' release that's not getting a Switch version, it had extra responsibility to shoulder, making it extra-disappointing when it crashed and burned.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 10:35 am

I knew it was you. Nah nah! I totally respect your position - I just wanted to let you know that better stuff lies beyond what you've played so far. Thumbs Up!

As for Bravely Second, it was fourth on my list. My reasons for not enjoying it as much as yourself are documented elsewhere. Winky Face

For me, neither new Metroid nor new F-Zero need any novelty to work - they just need to be well-made games on the Switch, which is its own gimmick (I don't mean 'gimmick' in a bad sense here!). Finally, just to let you know, I cringe a bit when I read "F-Zero". No / Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 01:03 pm

ZeroJones wrote:
As for Bravely Second, it was fourth on my list. My reasons for not enjoying it as much as yourself are documented elsewhere. Winky Face

Sad All the same, it was well-received by others beyond myself and you. Bizarre.

ZeroJones wrote:
For me, neither new Metroid nor new F-Zero need any novelty to work - they just need to be well-made games on the Switch, which is its own gimmick (I don't mean 'gimmick' in a bad sense here!). Finally, just to let you know, I cringe a bit when I read "F-Zero". No / Winky Face

Completely agreed (apart from the last sentence Boo ), which is why SF0's precedent is worrying.  Jimothy Sterling has talked about Nintendo's unnecessary innovation in such franchises.  At least it dumps from a great height upon the 'Nintendo just rehash old ideas' 'thing', I suppose?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 01:18 pm

I'd have to counter Jim there by saying that the main Star Fox games have always been tech demos - the Super FX chip, Rumble Pak and the ill-fated GamePad respectively - so they are somewhat akin to each other, at least in my noggin. Perhaps Star Fox One on the Switch will cast off those shackles and be a thumping good game... but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 02:50 pm

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
...but the inside scoop is that Andy fucked his vote & it would have been much closer.

A whole one point! Shocked

Yeah I was just pointing out that I found Andy's mistake to be quite funny, actually happy with MH Gen's placement considering there aren't many of us on the forum that play it.

---

So, onto Starfox Zero, even if we are saying this award is for most disappointing game I'd say that is very harsh as for me the only disappointing thing about it was there wasn't more levels to play. Oh and the Gyrowing stage that can get tae fuck but otherwise it's a game I had a lot of fun with.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 03:05 pm

The ride never ends!

Honourable and Dishonourable Mentions

A breather before The Big One - here's the rest of the best.

Honourable Mentions:

Dishonourable Mentions:

I say:

Tonight... it all ends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 03:10 pm

You got on with the controls Jas, that's the big difference.  It's why I champion KIU, so it's not like I don't understand both sides.  (The Gyrowing stage can indeed 'get tae fuck', mind.)

And now onto the mentions! Cappa's dishonourable is obviously the best Laughing , however I'd like to disagree with the person who said Miis should retire. I like them, they're cute fun little avatars that feel very Nintendo in their simplicity and cartoony nature. I do hear that they're being downgraded on the Switch, but to my mind that's no good thing. (Miitomo is indeed poor, mind.) I'd also like to ask this person, and indeed everyone else: if Miis are to be replaced, what would you like to replace them with?

Incidentally, one of my dishonourables missed the cut again (sorry Jay, I know you're working hard on this!): 'Anyone who thinks that share prices rising or falling is news in and of itself, ever'.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 03:25 pm

I've also had that White Denim track in my head, but I am ridiculously easy to please musically so it hasn't really bothered me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 03:34 pm

Balla wrote:

You got on with the controls Jas, that's the big difference. It's why I champion KIU, so it's not like I don't understand both sides. (The Gyrowing stage can indeed 'get tae fuck', mind.)

...and yet I found the land controls in KIU frustrating. Ahh opinions eh? Laughing

Quote :
Firewatch - Literal bum nugget of a game.

When did Kittsy join the forum? Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 03:42 pm

I don't remember a second of the song. Nah nah! Anyway, enjoyed people kicking their dishonourable mentions. And, yes, Star Fox Zero has got plenty of chat - maybe the divisive controls were purposeful so that folk like us would keep talking about the game, months after its release! Shocked Canny.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 04:28 pm

Balladeer wrote:

And now onto the mentions!  Cappa's dishonourable is obviously the best Laughing , however I'd like to disagree with the person who said Miis should retire.  I like them, they're cute fun little avatars that feel very Nintendo in their simplicity and cartoony nature.  I do hear that they're being downgraded on the Switch, but to my mind that's no good thing.  (Miitomo is indeed poor, mind.)  I'd also like to ask this person, and indeed everyone else: if Miis are to be replaced, what would you like to replace them with?

Incidentally, one of my dishonourables missed the cut again (sorry Jay, I know you're working hard on this!): 'Anyone who thinks that share prices rising or falling is news in and of itself, ever'.

I think they're still going to be there as your player avatar of sorts paired to your My Nintendo account, but I think they'll be stripping back their inclusion in games.

As for the missed dishonourable, literally no clue what happened there - it's not even in my document with all the results. Confused
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 09:13 pm

I don't get the dishonourable for mid-gen upgrades as we've had them since the GameBoy with the Colour (Nintendo says they're one system) and that had exclusives. I think this is aimed more at the PS4 Pro which doesn't have exclusives and like the name says is a Pro version of the base version, I don't get why you would begrudge someone like myself who wants something that will take advantage of my 4KTV (when I get one), along with the other benefits.

Star Fox Zero controls are awful and unlike SMG, lots seem to agree otherwise it wouldn't have been voted the worst game.

Fire Watch is a belter of a experience of story telling and shouldn't be even talked about like that.

DQVII is remake not a port, that Squenix could have improved the pacing if they wished.

Another weird one is WWE 2K, I don't like the games but how long have the games been sims and knowing that I don't buy them because of it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 10:03 pm

And now for your main event!

The Golden Grackler Award for Forumite of the Year (11 ballots, although one voter only gave one vote out of two)

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Award

This forum is a properly special place, but it'd be nothing without our wonderful forumites. It's with great pleasure that I get the chance to share all the great praise lavished upon said forumites and unveil our forumite of the year!

Third:

Second:

First:

Loved:

I say!:

And that's all, folks! Thanks very much to all who voted and to all who've read the thread! We'll see you next year, provided the world hasn't melted down under Trumpocalpyse 2017.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 10:22 pm

Hard to argue with the admins winning this one, considering the work they do for us. Feel like it's a slight slap in the face to let Zero win in Jay's vote but can't take it away from the lad. Top blokes.

And glad to see the bantstastic trio take third. Grin

Well, let me be first to say cheers to Jay for organising this, and here's to another 11 months of Nintendo chat before we come together once again to openly judge our friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty11/02/17, 11:24 pm

Super thanks, guys - you're all too kind, too kind. :hug: The forum wouldn't work without every one of you forming a major part of it, to be honest, so if I'm FOTY, it's only because you inspire me to be so. Thumbs Up! Cool

Massive, hard-to-carry-because-there-isn't-really-a-good-place-to-grip-them thanks to Super Admin Jayseph 'Neku' 'Edgeworth' Moyles for organising, processing and posting all of this. Finally, as Drunka says, here's to the rest of 2017 being a knockout year for the forum! Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 11:23 am

Well done Mr ZeroJones,

Thanks to who voted for me and grand job Jay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 04:06 pm

Aye top work Jay & congrats to all the winners, everyone give themselves one of these:

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 874388_o
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 04:38 pm

Cheers for the kind words folks - it's been a pleasure bringing the awards to you!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 05:01 pm

Thanks to those who voted for me, and congratulations to the worthy winners in every award. It's nice to see a healthy spread of different winners across all the forumite categories, and I feel like everyone who logs on every now and then got at least got an honorable mention for something. We're a good bunch all told.

Great job by Jay on the thread.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 09:43 pm

That was a good read, and a good year for a lot of folk on the forum. Quality effort from JayMoyles - nicely done. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 10:27 pm

Good job Jay and well done winners, another good year!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 10:38 pm

Your post and signature are at odds with each other, Andy... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 10:42 pm

I can only change it once every 2 years, so you're gonna have to deal with it Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty12/02/17, 10:53 pm

I'm going to choose to believe it's actually a bold political statement on electoral fraud in the US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2016
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next