We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 20:51

Interestin' - I wasn't sure about Miles and Kilo, but it looks a bit cleverer than the simple runner I thought it was. Likewise Bomb Chicken (except the runner part). I basically don't need to buy any games for a bit, but maybe this time next year!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 20:53

What are you ploughing through at the moment, Jim?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 21:31

Oh boy:
On the Switch, I've got Yooka-Laylee, Pokémon Quest and the adventure mode of Mario Tennis on the go, and Football Manager as a constant. Once two of those are done, my mind will be free for Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap.
Meanwhile in PC land, I'm juggling the probably never-ending Starbound, Apotheon, and an anthology of Amstrad and BBC Micro games I never finished as a kid. Then the 60-odd games I've never installed! I'm also supposed to be making something...
Also the PS4 is filled with a backlog of free PS+ games. Thank goodness a few recent freebies have been David Cage efforts.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 21:55

Balla wrote:
Anyone picking up Bomb Chicken? Not my thing, but it looks cute!

It's one I have on my eShop watch list - I was also hovering over it along with Just shapes and beats today for about 20 minutes......MUST.......NOT.......BUY................YET.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2018 - 11:34

Miles and Kilo is mostly a straight 2D platformer that you can fully control, with a handful of runner stages chucked in. It's back up to £7.19 without Kid Tripp though, and a little bit harder to recommend on its tod.

What's the verdict on Slime-San btw? Down to a fiver the now 👍
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2018 - 19:06

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Miles and Kilo is mostly a straight 2D platformer that you can fully control, with a handful of runner stages chucked in. It's back up to £7.19 without Kid Tripp though, and a little bit harder to recommend on its tod.

What's the verdict on Slime-San btw? Down to a fiver the now 👍

I was playing Slime-san when everyone else was banging on about Celeste & I said this in the games you beat thread:

Jaster wrote:

This is definitely one of my favourite eShop games I've played so far, the level design is top notch and it's always throwing new stuff at you which keeps it interesting. As I mentioned in another thread the controls did take a while to click for me and because of that it can be a little frustrating when you dash in a direction you didn't intend to and die, but once you get used it is fun to play about with and gives good freedom in beating a level in different ways. (A good thing since the game does have a speed run mode)

There is probably better platformers on Switch 2D or otherwise but for 10 quid this is really good stuff. Thumbs Up!

It actually shares a lot similarities with Celeste since they both take influence from Super meat boy but this has no easy mode and could frustrate especially if you're the type to want all the collectibles within a level.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 14 Jul 2018 - 11:53

That's been my main worry, that and the aesthetics, but I've heard good things.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 14 Jul 2018 - 18:50

There's options/unlockables to tweak they way the game looks as well, anyhow I can't see any of you's being massively upset at it with it only being a fiver but if you are unsure it does have a demo as well I think.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 9:36

I was ready to buy Miles and Kilo when I seen the other, trouble is I seen in about a minute before the offer ended so that's on to the wishlist. I went ahead with Just Beats and Shapes myself after they did a week where a percentage of the sales went to a fundraiser for one of the developers nephew who was in need of some treatment, won't play it anytime soon though probably. Slime-san sounds too good to pass up at that price though, the eShop seems to do well at getting me to buy when there's an offer on.

With the wishlist being so important with everything being released on eShop I'd like some sort of notification when a wishlist game goes on sale, I think it's easy enough to keep track of good eShop stuff amongst the trash but remembering it after it's on the wishlist is a whole other ball game.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 11:54

Damn it, completely forgotten about JS&B! I was really keen on how that looked. Would appreciate another forumite's view, but I'm leaning towards getting it sooner rather than later.

The_Jaster wrote:
There's options/unlockables to tweak they way the game looks as well, anyhow I can't see any of you's being massively upset at it with it only being a fiver but if you are unsure it does have a demo as well I think.

At a fiver it's damn hard to turn down, you're not wrong. I might well have to pick it up this week as well... (sob)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 12:23

My wishlist is full though

Has anyone played or seen anything on The Lion's Song as I saw a trailer and looked interesting?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:55

Oh, I wasn't aware it could fill up, get buying some games Mas.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:13

I didn't know it could fill up either, but there's been a few times where I've deleted stuff from my list as it's been on there for a month or two.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2018 - 17:57

Pool Panic is another game that I've added to the watch list but I'll likely pick it up in next few days. (The back log continues to grow Embarrassed )

Here's a review: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/47789/pool-panic-switch-review
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2018 - 20:37

I noticed that had gone up on the eShop and I definitely want it. I will probably opt for Hollow Knight and Celeste first but following those this'll likely be my next Indie purchase.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2018 - 20:56

Muss wrote:
I noticed that had gone up on the eShop and I definitely want it. I will probably opt for Hollow Knight and Celeste first but following those this'll likely be my next Indie purchase.

Oh yeah definitely get Hollow Knight and Celeste first, I've not played Celeste yet but I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with HK.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 28 Jul 2018 - 9:49

The_Jaster wrote:
Muss wrote:

Oh yeah definitely get Hollow Knight and Celeste first, I've not played Celeste yet but I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with HK.

I second this notion.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 18:04

Both Xbox and PlayStation are having there summer games type things soon that I would not be shocked to see lots of games on the eShop in the next few weeks like Flipping Death.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 19:30

The Adventure Pals looks cute. Seriously considering.

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 900x
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 7:49

I took the plunge at it's current price after it appeared on an eShop recommendations video a while back, looks a bit silly too which is always good.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 9:34

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on Adventure Pals if you're playing it anytime soon 👌
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 18:56

nooooooo not another ooooooone

Sigh. Ever since Celeste reignited my passion for 2D platformers, there's been so much choice on the eShop. I'd be really interested in what smaller games people are playing and enjoying at the moment, because there are loads floating around. Aww!

In fact: did anyone pick up Just Shapes and Beats? Was it any good?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 21:04

I liked the look of Iconoclasts, so I reckon that review's sold me on picking it up now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 3 Aug 2018 - 9:35

Brawlout is down to a tenner, I said I'd bite around that price so I did, anyone up for picking it up?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 19:09

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd really like to hear your thoughts on Adventure Pals if you're playing it anytime soon 👌
Ah sod it, I'm gonna start it and just have plenty of games on the go otherwise I'll just forget about it.

Balladeer wrote:

In fact: did anyone pick up Just Shapes and Beats?  Was it any good?
Same as above.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Brawlout is down to a tenner, I said I'd bite around that price so I did, anyone up for picking it up?
Nah... Ok probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next