And Now a Sneak Preview of Pokémon Ultra Sun, Thanks to the British Weather

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 23:34

Confession: would play ARMS 5: Zip Lash. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Muss
Bandana Waddle Dee

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 1:05

I've really cooled on this since the Testpunch. Can''t see me keeping this in all honesty, certainly not by the time Splatoon rolls around.

It's far from total piss but long story short - peer 2 peer netcode is trash (and makes speed characters a mess to fight when the connection gets iffy), single player is boring, and even in fights where I'm not getting lag I hate not having a clear idea as to the range of my ARMS, nor there being any audio cue for exploding ARMS, coupled with a helping of phantom wiffs.

I know several of my problems would be solved by learning the game over time; the problem is I'm not having that much fun in the meantime.

Byte and Barq need to replace Ice Climbers in Smash though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 10:17

While I'm not in the Muss camp - I'm still enjoying this, for the most part - I just don't think I'll have the skill level to stay competitive with it for long. I'll definitely drop off after Spla2n launches. I'mma stick with it for a bit though, see if I can get somewhat competitive. There's a regional qualifier in Gloucester so I might have a go at that. . . be a laugh, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 20:46

I can't see me ever bothering to make it to the Ranked Matches. Like youse are saying yourselves, I just don't think I'll get good enough, and I don't think I'd ever want to put the effort in. I've found that to be a problem with taking beat-em-ups online for the last couple of console generations. Unless you fully commit to ARMS, Tekken, Street Fighter or whatever, you're going to get your arse tanned by some fud on the other side of the world who's playing it at 4am their time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 22:52

I buy and consume too many games to devote the time needed to git gud at a one-on-one fighter. Also, I am warming to ARMS as things click into place for me. Neither of us are out of the woods yet, mind you - I am flapping with the button controls more than I'd like. I'm hoping customisable controls are coming in a beat-'em-update, because pushing the left stick into the controller to block is legit bonkers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9