Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Drives Us Up The Wall

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Muss
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 15:29

Treesmurf wrote:
This is great, there's so much more to it than they've initially shown yet it feels like something anyone could get in to if they're willing, really impressed, the only downside is the extra cost for 2 player.

That's great, cleared up the main concern I had about it based on the Direct. Bloody Nintendo, making a new game I didn't know I wanted so badly DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 15:42

EofGizmo wrote:
Bloomy Scrumpler may well be ARMS persona from now on..... Imagine if this game had Create A Character?!?!?!?

Aw don't do this to me Eof, I'll be really disappointed! I remember when people kept theorising track creators for MK8 DLC, and then there wasn't one, and I kept thinking about how there should have been... (Still nothing in MK8D Ninty, just saying.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:36

I'm already sold, as it looks so deliriously Nintendo-y that I couldn't be anything else. Besides, I'm claiming that I sort of called it when I mentioned Punch-Out!! Switch in a Facebook Messenger conversation the night before The Presentation. Grin Go Go Gadget Purchase! Tongue

Little Mac a secret character. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesmurf
Disciple of Castle

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:26

Each character has their own attributes and choice of fists so I'm gonna guess no to the create-a-character. If Little Mac isn't in it I'll eat my hat.

It was probably me just being bad but I will say the special flurry you can do feels very over powered, the demo guys assured me it was easy to dodge however and it was just me. Speaking of the demo guys, they were genuinely getting very competitive with each other on this, suggesting Nintendo were right about its potential to be "hardcore".
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:59

Little Mac will surely need some edits to his arms first? Those biceps don't look very springy...

Also I feel that if that's the case (and I'm glad it seems to be), Nintendo need to market that side as well. ARMS had a faintly confused, Wii U-esque message to it in the trailer, if not in the Treehouse (didn't watch), where I couldn't tell if it was casual-based or core-aimed/armed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:27

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Yup, the stream has also sold me on this - look like great fun & motions controls aren't the only option as well which is nice for folk who don't like that way of playing.

I saw you tweet this info and I'm even more excited now about it knowing it will have normal control scheme.

I'll still be giving the motion contols a go as it doesnt seem like your movements need to be excessive for it work, if it does become tiring having the other controls to fall back on is good.

It reminds me of Boxing in Wii Sports, although your Miis didn't have stretchy arms, natch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:21

Balladeer wrote:
Little Mac will surely need some edits to his arms first?  Those biceps don't look very springy...

Also I feel that if that's the case (and I'm glad it seems to be), Nintendo need to market that side as well.  ARMS had a faintly confused, Wii U-esque message to it in the trailer, if not in the Treehouse (didn't watch), where I couldn't tell if it was casual-based or core-aimed/armed.

I've seen Miss Rodgers on twitter saying they should copy blizzard on how they marketed Overwatch and show off each character in their own videos etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Orne

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:34

I think I'm the only person on Earth who's actually gutted it isn't all motion controls. I was an inexplicable savant at Wii Sports Boxing and I thought I'd finally found my calling. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Muss
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think I'm the only person on Earth who's actually gutted it isn't all motion controls. I was an inexplicable savant at Wii Sports Boxing and I thought I'd finally found my calling. . .

Nintendo monitored your wii and decided this was the only way they could balance the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesmurf
Disciple of Castle

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:50

I don't think I'd play without motion controls, the control scheme lends really well to motion control (without being too over the top) that I can't see translating over to the traditional controls as well. Control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2