We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Muss
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 18:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
Hopefully they'll give it to a team who will cover up that bit of leg the lad's showing. Disgusting! Ban this sick filth!

If we're not allowed to take everybody's clothes off I'll riot. Including the underage-aged girls because BOOO CENSORSHIP BOOOOOOO.

(Disclaimer: utterly fine with not being able to see adolescent mammaries.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:10

Still looking great, this.

YMMV whether it sounds great. Dat voice acting. But, no signs of the terrible blue crystals yet. If they'd scrapped those then this is a 10/10 game right here.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:15

I didn't mind the voice acting at all, but people keep moaning?
I liked the original's a helluva lot more than the XCX American dub, and the main dude here sounds like a young Robb Stark.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:22

Was it just me or did one of the "baddies" sound like Raiden from Metal gear?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:24

I wouldn't be surprised, I'm sure the same people do the rounds in the gaming world.

I'm going to end up playing as the healer again aren't I. Especially as she rides on a big cat. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:25

METAL GEAR?

Sure you've not got a fetish Balla?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:27

mas wrote:

METAL GEAR?

Aye it's a stealth game made by that company that likes locking devs in rooms. Razz
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 12:27

I just love how anime that trailer was. I'm probably just recalling badly but I don't recall the first xenoblade being that anime.

Can't blame some for having a few criticisms of the VAing, some of it was pretty stilted and wooden. Still it wasn't so jarring that it'll be a problem in-game imo, and some of it was probably the corniness of the lines they were saying. Anime dialogue can be corny as heck, even more-so out of context.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:07

Maybe I just watch enough animé and play enough RPGs, but I didn't find the VA jarring at all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:31

Yet to decide how I feel about the VA to be honest. It might grow on me. I hope there's a Japanese VA option though. There should be, but I can't remember if XCX had one...
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jun 2017 - 20:10

I don't think XCX had japanese dubs but it never bothered me anyway, and I'm fine with how it sounds this time around too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jun 2017 - 10:51

Balladeer wrote:
Yet to decide how I feel about the VA to be honest.  It might grow on me.  I hope there's a Japanese VA option though.  There should be, but I can't remember if XCX had one...

Not on the cart they've confirmed this already but hopefully it comes as a download like with Zelda.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jun 2017 - 19:31

I have a sneaking fondness for the hero's VA choice. Too often heroes' voices blend into one; this chap stood out as a result. Long may devs have the kind of courage needed to make a Yorkshire lad their hero. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 12:44

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 Tenor
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 5:55

For me it's just English VA in general that can be a bit ropey (Mipha DAMN YOU! ). Will agree that having a slightly more distinctive accent than 'general American/southern British' is nice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:42

So we got a whole lot of stuff dropped on this.

I think it looks gorgeous because of course I do, and I love that you have your own titan who turns into adora-merchandise form. Battles still look hella complicated, as does the political system. Also: evil Nopons? And... monsters eating each other (4:25)? Is the ecosystem going full MonHun?

This is going to be so great. Might even play it with English voice acting, it's so bad it's good.

Also, can we change the thread's subtitle to 'Play Xenoblade 1 Jay' please?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:45

As someone who didn't really play Xenoblade, do we know what the connections are from the lore we do know part from the Titans or is literary Final Fantasy naming.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:47

The titans erupted from the spacetime void caused by the sandwich remaining uneaten in the original game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:08

Balladeer wrote:
Also, can we change the thread's subtitle to 'Play Xenoblade 1 Jay' please?

No. No, because then I'd have to do it too. Embarrassed

It was a brave move to put a long talky section in the Direct about this, I felt. My main highlight was when the angle of the gameplay made it look like your lady Drive friend's magic waves were coming out of her armpit. Pale I'd have to think carefully about this, given that I've badly stalled on the original and skipped X altogether.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:04

Balladeer wrote:
The titans erupted from the spacetime void caused by the sandwich remaining uneaten in the original game.

Laughing That has to be a tagline at some point. (As long as mas is OK with it, natch)

---

The only thing I like the look of in this is the world/Titans as they look like they'd be fun to explore, everything else isn't my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:09

That's absolutely what makes these games so great though: exploring the world.  Everything else, story combat all, is window-dressing (necessary window-dressing, mind - XCX shows that).  I can't wait to go explore.

Still probably not your kind of game though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:40

Yeah, I actually liked XC on wii but the overall length put me off and I want to be engaged more in the combat side of things (like you are in BotW, DaS, Metroid) so I know this will be more of the same which is a bit of a shame.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your exploring.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:59

Yes... I'll probably end up playing XC1 before this comes out. Maybe November or early December for that as I reckon XC2 will be a Christmas game for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 21:03

It's more involved combat-wise than yer average JRPG, I feel - but if you don't like it you don't like it.

Tell you what I didn't like: the bunch of Blades who seemed to be lifted straight from SSB's Fighting Polygon Team. Hope they have more personality than it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 19:08

So, it's nearly here. With downloadable Japanese VA. Anyone excited?

Seriously, is anyone excited bar me and Drunka? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: