We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Muss
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Dec 2017 - 19:14

Just saw Cappa's link and got very excited, but it isn't available for collection or delivery anywhere near me Sad
I haven't picked this up yet, but I'm sure I'll spot it in GAME or somewhere soon and cave. Really am needing to save them yen just now though, especially as my hours haven't picked up anywhere near as much as I was expecting for December . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Dec 2017 - 22:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7238789

£29.99 at Argos!

Out of stock near me. Drat. Aww!

masofdas wrote:
Sure Balla, it just seems odd how one thing can be considered news but another a spoiler.  

I've gone on complete blackout for Monster Hunter World. A news site could post about a new monster being revealed by Capcom or a quality of life gameplay change, but as I'm actively trying to avoid any information about the game so it's all as fresh as can be, I'd consider that a spoiler. Err on the side of caution Mas - you don't know what some would consider to be spoiled by and for the sake of an extra click to pop in a spoiler box you can keep folks happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySat 2 Dec 2017 - 9:43

...I've only just noticed the misspelling in the thread title. Duh! Who is Bob, Drunka? WHO IS HE???
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 0:01

To be fair, there's only been a misspelling for a day or two. It was a silly joke between the Monster Mash lads.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 9:29

I'm near the end (I think) of chapter 2 with a game time of around 5 and half hours of the decent session I had last night. The amount of time is likely more than both the other two Xenoblade games combined, which I think shows how good this one has been to hold my attention, when I was only planning to play for a hour or so as I want to finish some games first.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 14:01

I spent a solid hour just diving for treasure and trading it in. I'm stinking rich now, but after 5 hours of game time I've just started chapter one. Visually the environments look really good but if you inspect them too closely the textures can be a bit iffy but on the whole it's a good looking game. The music is something else though, it creates the perfect atmosphere for the game, you can even idle and let it play in the background while you type up your thoughts on the game for a certain Nintendo forum. The combat system is really good, I really enjoy how they've implemented the driver/blade system and it is awfully rewarding when you chain special attacks on enemies. Seriously good fun, one thing that bugs me is that there are only two accessory slots but I assume I get more as I level up. I haven't gotten very far into the plot at this point but what I have seen is good and I'm keen to see how it unfolds.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 14:06

That near the end some how ended up being nearly another 2hrs, mainly as I could defeat what should have been a easy enemy. Anyway on to Chapter 3
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 15:32

I'm really surprised by how interested I am in this game - I really did think it was going to fly under the radar coming out so close to the end of the year, but it seems to be landing really well and I've found myself wanting to pick it up sooner rather than later. Sadly, the Argos link above has reverted back to full cost, so I'm shit outta luck for now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 16:32

Drunkalilly wrote:
To be fair, there's only been a misspelling for a day or two. It was a silly joke between the Monster Mash lads.

Oh, okay. Explanation please? Not all of us in this thread are Monster Mash lads...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 2:13

Oh, we were just laughing at a misspelling in some daft tweets we were reading, its not a clever gag or anything, and we've been pronouncing it Xenboblade ever since.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 6:26

I would probably play Xenboblade. Like, the only word I know that starts with 'xeno' is 'xenophobia', which is a bad thing. No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 6:55

Or Xenomorph, which is also a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 11:54

They do lots of xenobiology in Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 17:00

A little further in now and some things are beginning to grate on me, not complicated things either. I had three annoyances yesterday and I'll list them:
> Camera pans around a character, a shrub briefly pops into and out of view again. Minor but really obvious. All they had to do was move the camera a little further in or out and they would've avoided it entirely.
> Loading issues, I'm pleased that the loading times are so short. But the reason they're short is because - like in X- they load the scene to early, so you can see the models without their textures and maps and it looks very unprofessional. I don't mid waiting an extra 4 seconds if it means never having to see what the level looked like 4 months ago.
> This may be because my very skilled games artist boyfriend was behind me at the time but he pointed out several seams in the textures in the trade district alone.

I'm still really enjoying the game but things like this make me think I would enjoy it so much more if they gave it another month to polish it. Kinda sad really.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 17:42

I've been quite enjoying it so far, but one thing I am struggling with is the combat. Is it just me or is a bit long? I think by only having 3 arts I'm spending a lot of time just waiting for them to recharge. Maybe it's that I'm not switching blades (though frankly, I've seen no reason to stray from the cannon blades) but it just feels a little long winded and bland.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:02

It's definitely not as fast as the first two, and like yourself I don't feel the need to swap blades in combat but I assume it will become more of a necessity later on, because currently all the enemies I'm facing around my level (12) are pretty slow too. Perhaps this game is just designed with a more gradual difficulty curve in mind?
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:24

My first ever double post, digital foundry did a tech analysis of the game here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/12/video_digital_foundry_gives_its_tech_analysis_for_xenoblade_chronicles_2
It's basically pointless on handheld mode, which is unfortunate. And the fps drops are pretty poor too. Monolithsoft really need to learn how to optimise their games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:31

Is there an adblock like app where I never have to be reminded Digital Foundry exist?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:52

Nintendo Life mentioned things along the same lines in their review, so it's not slim enough where it's just a DF thing this time. Which, as someone who does most of his gaming in portable mode, is a shame.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Dec 2017 - 21:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
Is there an adblock like app where I never have to be reminded Digital Foundry exist?

Love me some Digital Foundry.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Dec 2017 - 21:34

I'm going to start a channel called Digital FUNdry. "We compared this excellent game on these two systems. In conclusion: they run a bit different, but are equal amounts of fun."

(sorry I have nothing to add to the XC2 chat, as I still haven't played SC1 yet, am worried about the Crumpter's concern about combat speed, and of course the teeeeeteeeees asplosion)

Last edited by Jimbob on Tue 5 Dec 2017 - 21:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Dec 2017 - 21:34

For every game? I could get behind that. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 11:35

Jimbob wrote:
I'm going to start a channel called Digital FUNdry. "We compared this excellent game on these two systems. In conclusion: they run a bit different, but are equal amounts of fun."

I like DF not for the comparison yet it has been interesting to see what the One X can do but for the tech analysis (Such as this one about BC on Xbox One), as I find it fascinating on how these games run and work especially for something like the Switch. I think the easiest thing to compare DF to is maybe films, with behind the scenes on how it was filmed or something was made along those lines.

On Xeno, I didn't like the combat in XC or XCX yet I'm enjoying XC2.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 18:40

Digital Foundry, to be fair, do really good retro stuff because they don't try to pass any sort of judgement in those videos, they just make interesting stuff about how these games were put together.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 21:28

Now look, if the title gets any more in-jokey you'll have to link to the tweets for the rest of us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: