Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Drives Us Up The Wall

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drunkalilly
Orne

PostSubject: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 4:44

Umm . . . what? Lovely art style though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:19

The game is from the Bravely Default team which is cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:21

masofdas wrote:
The game is from the Bravely Default team which is cool.

Yeah, I guessed as much when they showed that picture of them in the pub. Very similar art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 6:41

One for the Cappas and Jasses of this world. Grin

Looks potentially grand, much though I'm no fan of retraux art styles. Anything from the Bravely boys is good with me. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Mani Mani Statue

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 7:25

Balladeer wrote:

Looks potentially grand, much though I'm no fan of retraux art styles.  Anything from the Bravely boys is good with me. Thumbs Up!

I almost fell asleep during the rpg bit of the presentation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 7:50

I'm guessing the name is hinting at a branching storyline - the trailer voiceover was suggesting as much, at least.

The art style is unique enough to get me interested, so I'll be watching this space closely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 7:57

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm guessing the name is hinting at a branching storyline - the trailer voiceover was suggesting as much, at least.

...less interested than I was now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:08

It doesn't dissuade me at all (because I'm not allergic to choice in video games Wink ) - in fact, it actually has me even more intrigued as I can't recall a Squeenix RPG which didn't have a linear storyline. I'm probably missing something obvious, of course.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:42

Chrono Trigger? I mean it's Squaresoft instead, but y'know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:43

Yeah, fair shout! Still, most Squeenix RPGs don't afford you choice in their stories, so I'll be interested to see how this one pans out. I'm purely speculating at this stage as it could end being as linear as the first twenty hours of Final Fantasy XIII. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:46

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Looks potentially grand, much though I'm no fan of retraux art styles.  Anything from the Bravely boys is good with me. Thumbs Up!

The section where they announced, like, eight RPG's in a row? I love RPG's, me, but even I thought that bit sagged. Sad

That said, totally up for this. The art style made me wince a bit until they got to the battles; then I was like, "Oh." Ready for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 19:24

ZeroJones wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

The section where they announced, like, eight RPG's in a row? I love RPG's, me, but even I thought that bit sagged. Sad

That said, totally up for this. The art style made me wince a bit until they got to the battles; then I was like, "Oh." Ready for this.

It was a Japanese conference but like I posted in the old Switch chat, Japan are getting behind the Switch and will hopefully see more of games like this better or for worse depending on who you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?   

Back to top Go down

Project Octopath Adventure: What does it mean to have such a strange name?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1