We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 15:24

JayMoyles wrote:
I think that's quite cool that you'll be meeting up with characters whom you know next to nothing about. It's not their story during that first playthrough, but it could be if you go back and choose them as your protagonist.

And this is almost certainly me out. Sorry gents. Aww! This is just really not my thing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 15:36

I was right.

The game is awhile away, Balla it might know what you've done and not, so only would need to play as each protagonist once briefly.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 17 Sep 2017 - 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 15:48

I've finished the demo and it's a shame that the multiple storyline idea has driven Balla away because it's exactly his kind of game, otherwise. There are 'BP' you can use in battle to power up your attacks (POT is by the Bravely Default team, after all) and an extra layer of strategy in the way that you can stun enemies if you attack them with their weaknesses. This leaves them wide open so you can do them a mischief good and proper. Primrose's story is proper dark, too.

I'm now hoping that SE release some kind of Project Monopath Traveller, so that yer man can get on board. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 15:53

Ha! Bravely Third will do this man fine, methinks. It's definitely a shame, but when they make a game based around an idea you don't like, what can you do?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 16:09

It's a shame if it is as good as everyone is saying from the demo that you may miss out on a great JRPG. How they're doing it from what I know is why I'm hoping for Summer 2018 that I can play all the stories to some degree.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 18:06

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I think that's quite cool that you'll be meeting up with characters whom you know next to nothing about. It's not their story during that first playthrough, but it could be if you go back and choose them as your protagonist.

And this is almost certainly me out.  Sorry gents. Aww! This is just really not my thing.

Purely speculating Balla, so I say writing it off based on me speculating on a demo is a bit much.  Meh

Thinking about it more now, it actually seems like they've really skipped over how you recruit the other character in the demo. I'll be stunned if you if just walk up to the other characters and they join you for no reason in the full game as having Primrose join Olberic in the demo was without any fanfare whatsoever. I'd imagine they'll still clue you in to their motivations and if you want to know more, you can fire up a new game and check out their prologue before joining back to your main game. It'll be like a flashback of sorts, I suppose. Again - speculation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 13:43

I just rolled my eyes so hard I'm now blind. Balla is now the Wales-voting-Brexit of JRPG fans. The most Balla game ever made, tailor made for you, and you're shooting yourself in the foot for some mad belief I'll never understand.

Anyway, the difference between this and Brexit is you're making the right choice. JRPGs are 90% balls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 18:51

*frantically trying to decide what the remaining 10% is*
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 18:55

10% turn based battles which are 100% balls. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 19:01

Then mathematically speaking...

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 Tenor

Afraid
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 19:46

I've now played Primrose's story and met Olberic, I'm not going to do any of the side quests, I'm heading straight to new game and play as Olberic then I may do the side quests.

This a excellent from the demo, but I have one niggle when you fight the boss they have lovely art along with the minions but you don't. The only time I've seen both characters in full art was the select menu of which one to play as.

I's liked to see full art be it boss fights or cutscenes, if Final Fantasy can do it (VII has 3 styles) then this can.

Also from how I'm reading what it says on the demo, at the end it says something when the game arrives select one of 8 characters to learn their story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 20:12

JayMoyles wrote:
Purely speculating Balla, so I say writing it off based on me speculating on a demo is a bit much.  Meh

Maybe, maybe.  I've got a lot of gaming to get through at the moment, I don't think voting to Leave it alone is going to be too big a problem.  But if the routes are substantially different for all the characters, then fair enough.  I do hope they get to travel to notably different places though, the same town viewed through eight different sets of eyes isn't going to cut it.

The_Jaster wrote:
10% turn based battles which are 100% balls. Winky Face

Says Jas, who's enjoying Monster Hunter Stories. Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 21:59

ZeroJones wrote:
*frantically trying to decide what the remaining 10% is*

Xenoblade Chronicles and Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 22:12

Balla wrote:

Says Jas, who's enjoying Monster Hunter Stories.

Touche.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 9:11

Now done Olberic story, which starts in a different town and from the selection of characters I'm hoping that is where they start in the game, meaning you want see the same town 8 times unless you travel there.

Great from the demo, and this is likely one of my most wanted games for 2018 and really hope we get a cool special edition to go along with it.

The 10% is clearly Persona and Final Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 10:49

My 10% includes some Dragon Quest... and yes, this has shot up my Most Wanted list. Really good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 19:04

Y'ALL FORGOT BRAVELY SECOND DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 20:10

Yep, I'm well game for this after the demo. I suppose it's done the job!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 20:17

Balladeer wrote:
Y'ALL FORGOT BRAVELY SECOND DAMN YOU!

Our lists are personal to us, Ballabel. Naughty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 21:05

But if I don't tell you when your personal choices are wrong, who will? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 23:12

As someone who, like Balla, is to lazy busy to play through a game 8 times: did the demo feel like you played 2 different adventures? If so, I'm probably in.

Or, I could

and this will blow your mind

actually play the demo given that I downloaded it.

It's been a long month
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 23:58

I would say so. It's a good three to four hour demo and each character felt sufficiently different both in the tone of their story and their special ability.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 19:27

Finally started playing the demo. Currently, having played as the sad knight as opposed to the slag, it's certainly interesting to know that I could be starting one of 8 completely different starting stories. Not sure if I'd feel that way once I've put in 200 hours with the first bod and been everywhere, but I'm not totally against playing Project Unipath Overtraveller! I love the diorama style of the game; American northeners and random encounters not so much. Still keen to see the demo through, though - it's charming as "all heck".
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 21:06

Jimbob wrote:
the slag

We'll have none of that language in my classroom. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 20:40

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnggggh

I'm probably halfway through the knight's demo (that's a guess) in that I've
iin case you're worried about spoilers for the demo - which actually you might be:
So I think I've played enough to get what's going on.

I love love love love love the aesthetic. However, I still have what appears to be an instinctive problem with turn-based RPGs, which I'm not proud of. I do want to love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next