Shatformers! More Than Meets The A**e

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:21

If I remember correctly, that's pretty much the end of the demo. You can saunter over to the next town and meet up with the heroine of the other demo path, but there's no real meat to Olberic's path after smashing the bandits in the cave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Ice Climber

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 22:28

Fair enough so.

I wish I didn't have this Turn-Based Allergy - I want to love this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 22:37

Might I ask what rubs you up the wrong way about RPG's, Jim?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Ice Climber

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 23:02

Ah, yes - I thought I'd elaborated on my previous post, but it looks like I deleted is at it was a bit ranty.

The problem I have with turn based RPGs is that, for the most part, you can't get out of the way of at least a partial clobbering; discovering you don't have enough <letter representing super power magic abilities>P to activate your ultra sword attack, and will have to wait three turns to use it and rely on a regular attack, which you know based on previous encounters won't be enough to kill the bads. It's too easy to find yourself in an unwinnable (or even "almost unwinnable") situation 4 turns before you actually succumb to it (which has also taken 1 minute with button hammering). With Zelda - take BotW for example, I died loads of times in a row to Lynels and Guardians, but I accepted that as it wasn't over until it was over, if that makes sense.

Disclaimer: This isn't a smarmy opinion - I don't like that I don't like turn-based RPGs. The stories and environments always have me intrigued, and I'd love to play an early Final Fantasy, and I've technically got Chrono Trigger lined up; I've also just seen the trailer for Lost Sphear, and I immediately thought "oh wow I definitely want to run round that place" and then it cuts to the battle screen...

Anyway - Octopath Traveller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   

Back to top Go down

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: