We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skyrim Switch - shock of the century

Go down 
+8
Muss
ZeroJones
masofdas
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2017 - 22:06

From what I've heard Jimmers, the motion controls are pretty good... You know you want to.

Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 Gandaltongs
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 21:26

If I know Jimbob as well as I think I do, that's the one thing that'll put him off!

#SkywardSwordhadthebestswordplayintheseriesandthisistoolongforahashtagnowisntitmaybewiththenewcharacterlimitonTwitteralthoughImsureIvebrokenthatnowaswell
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 23:04

You didn't even break the old limit, let alone the new one.

I remember Skyrim and Skyward Sword came out around the same time, if not the same day!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 11:20

Drunkalilly wrote:
You didn't even break the old limit, let alone the new one.

I remember Skyrim and Skyward Sword came out around the same time, if not the same day!

Close and so was LA Noire, looking back SM3DL and Skyward would have been reasons why I missed both LA Noire and Skyrim all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 11:22

I remember Mario and Zelda coming out on the same day, that was mad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 11:35

It was typical Nintendo bring everything out at the same time, thankfully with the Switch been much better but could have maybe given Skyrim and more importantly Fire Emblem Warriors breathing room.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 13:51

Nah, they've had the "got no games" stigma so bad before they need to get right out in front on Switch with games games games games games. Its going well for them, by all accounts
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 14:02

Confused as I'm pretty much agreeing with you as they have game after game and been spread out but FEW 5 days before Mario killed that game, when they could have waited for a better slot and still have a game a month.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 16:19

Warriors games are quite niche though eh? So i don't see how it would have helped anymore.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 16:22

They are but I think Hyrule did much better, you could argue lack of games on Wii U and Zelda is bigger then Fire Emblem but still would have been nice to see it do better then it did and that bad release timing couldn't have helped.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 20:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 20:03

Nah, I reckon FEW was dead in the water when it touched down in the West, and Nintendo probably recognised this. If HW didn't do all that well, and you're finding an even more niche franchise...

...why are we talking about (We Happy) FEW in a Skyrim thread again?

Also, what was it Jimbob (I think) called Skyrim ages ago? Heaven-Rudethingtodowithatongue or something like that?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 20:30

That should have been did not didn't Balla and you might be right taht it was never going to do well in the West.

Can we get We Happy Few on Switch?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 11:53

Blimey, what's going on here? Well: We Happy Few is secretly a Skyrim mod, of course Nah nah!

Yeah, I'm not fussed about the motion controls, me. I dare you to play as an archer for 200 hours just doing the motion control. Fus-ro-d-arm injury. But the game itself? Maybe in a year or something. It still seems too fresh in the memory...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 11:58

Jimbob wrote:
Fus-ro-d-arm injury.

Tagline!
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 18:57

Is it just me or is this version quite a lot darker than previous versions of the game? and missing the option to adjust brightness that I'm pretty sure all the other versions of the game had? I've been having to avoid caves and wait through nights because I can't see anything
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 20:03

Is that maybe something to do with the game using a different version closer to the Special Edition? Not a clue, mind - only guessing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Switch - shock of the century   Skyrim Switch - shock of the century - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyrim Switch - shock of the century
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3