We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
EofGizmo
Treesmurf
Jimbob
ZeroJones
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:08

The demo is good - it's quite generous with what it gives you. But I can see myself just playing the demo whenever I want a bash on Puyo Puyo or Tetris, and skip the retail version until it's a lot cheaper than it's going to be on release. I wouldn't think that I'd be up for playing through an Adventure mode in this type of thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 16:55

Aye the demo was good though it hasn't convinced that I need it, seems like a game that will be at its best if you have folk to play against locally.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 19:24

I had a little go on the demo in the car yesterday. It was cash, but like Cappa I'm wondering why I'd need the full version when I've got this to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 21:35

And we wonder why so few games have demos anymore... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 10:58

Surely you can make a demo that doesn't give lots of the game away? Eh? How terribly odd.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 12:05

There are loads and loads of modes that are locked in the demo, but the basic gameplay loop is always the same and that's present and correct.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 14 May 2017 - 12:43

HI ALL
Did anyone else shell out for this in the end, or was it just me? I know £35 is a bit much for Tetris and "some other game", but I can see myself filling in a spare 10 minutes with this loads. I even learned some things about Puyo Puyo in the lesson mode. Still can't get my head round Fusion though - it seems like BLASPHEMY. The adventure mode's a bit "loud" I don't really see why puzzle games need characters, but to be honest, that's how I imagine all anime anyway. It does what it says on the tin.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 14 May 2017 - 12:50

I'm still waiting for Play Asia to send me mine.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 14 May 2017 - 13:21

Oh jeez - sorry about that mas Aww! . Importing games still feels like the Wild West to me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 14 May 2017 - 16:02

I picked it up and am enjoying it, seems to be some mad difficulty spikes in the story mode and I'm not great at Puyo Puyo, but it's all good.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 14 May 2017 - 22:34

Still really keen on this - it'll probably be my first Switch purchase. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 15:17

Jimbob wrote:
Oh jeez - sorry about that mas  Aww! . Importing games still feels like the Wild West to me.

Part of NSG, but I do like importing games but I just don't do it very often.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 18:00

Only when the western SJW cucks censor the boobies, right Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 20:55

This is about £10 cheaper if you buy it on the US eShop by the way
I was pleasantly surprised by this, I just picked it up because I was in the mood for a puzzle game and wasn't really expecting much from it but I ended up getting really into it and really enjoyed the story mode. I am awful at Puyo Puyo though
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 22:03

Gwyn400 wrote:
This is about £10 cheaper if you buy it on the US eShop by the way

I for one have always been very vocal in my support for President Trump. He just makes great deals!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 21:09

So this Puyo Puyo Tetris malarkey is a bit rum, isn't it? Played a bit of the Adventure Mode, with its Saturday morning cartoon shouty dialogue and cutscenes that last as long as Freedom Planet's, before trying Fusion Mode (totally got trashed) and consoling myself with a bit of proper Tetris. I kind of like what they've done to the classic Tetris tune in a "Sacrilicious!" kind of way. Very Happy

DIGRESSION ALERT: I'm talking about a Switch game! A Switch game that I own and have played on my own Switch! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 22:38

Re. the above - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I think I might be better at Tetris than I've ever been. Still lost all games I've tried to play online, mind...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:17

"Sacrilicious" is a great word Thumbs Up!

I have enjoyed my time with the demo, and I've been reliably informed that this plays a mean game of Tetris even without the Puyo Puyo angle. I'm not desperate enough to pay full price, but I'm always keeping my eye open in CEX and Game in case I spot it for a nice price.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:51

I'd say it's a good game to have available to play but unless you really have a big yen for Puyo Puyo

DIGRESSION ALERT: That makes the seventeen thousandth time I've typed 'Puto' instead of 'Puyo'. No

( No ) or Tetris ( Very Happy ), then you shouldn't pay full price. 's just good multiplayer bantz, innit?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 15:10

Finally here Falcon Punch

Before the main menu, you've got some options to have a quick game, I played some Puyo Puyo and guess what it's Puyo Puyo & does it great. I did the same with Tetris and you#d pleased to hear it's Tetris.

Then I played Fusion ugh what is this madness and why is it so hard, which I left and actually got to the main menu. Seems the game has plenty of #content and possibly we might be able to get some online games going as am I right in thinking 3 or 4 us now own it.

Started the Adventure Mode seems a cute little story driven puzzle game where both puzzle games are good, that not sure what else you could ask for as it sort does what it says on the box.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 17:43

The Fusion mode is full-on - I don't like it much but that's probably because of my dislike for Puyo Puyo. I'll feel comfortable with it one day, but I much prefer Tetris - mostly because I'm far better at it.

As for online battling, I'm poultry game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 18:03

Just send out a tweet sometime.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:52

I think Fusion's issue is that it actively works against the normal rules of Tetris and Puyo Puyo. It's like if Super Mario Bros. had a "getting hit in the face by a bullet bill" multiplier.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 23:23

Do-Po-Mo-Fo time - I've actually got the 100% mark on this now. The score-based 3 star ratings are bullshit - you essentially have to wait until your opponent attacks you so you can set off some chains; otherwise you defeat them before you've had a chance to rack up the score. I still don't know why I got such a big score on the last Fusion battle, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!   Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Just jam it together!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2