Shibuya? I 'Ardly Know 'Er!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 10:54

Snowballadeer wrote:
Which does he opt for?

We were feeling it out on the day, but I have the impression that the boys are going to be allowed to game in pulses. They had about a three-hour break before being allowed back on. I've now Switchily befriended my eldest nephew, and made him my Best Friend, too. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NintenDUCK
Bandana Waddle Dee

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 12:20

Snowballadeer wrote:
That is an utterly charming story Sir Duckington.  I'm glad she had fun.  And I fully agree that there's nothing more fun than seeing someone discover a great game for the first time.  My sister's experience is not overly different from your cousin's, in fact!  (Except I'm a terrible backseat gamer, and seeing her spend an hour chasing a fox and wasting arrows made my fists clench. Embarrassed )

Oh make no mistake, it was really painful to watch at times but it was Christmas and Christmas is a time for bottling up emotions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 17:15

I had fun few races on MK8 with my young nephew on Christmas eve, we were doing a team race (same team) but that didn't stop him from rubbing it in if he got first or if he hit me with weapons. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 8:52

That's the way to play Mario Kart! If it hasn't ended a friendship/relationship it's not worth playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 20:55

I had several cracking Switch sessions over Christmas. Jackbox was a hit with the family and watching my very drunk mother try to grapple with Mario Kart for the first time was fantastic. I turned on auto-steer and auto-drive for her and everything but it was like she was actively trying to hit the side of the road. Watching the poor game trying to cope with adjusting her course was hilarious. She loved "that mad rocket" item.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 21:18

Sounds very relatable. My parents would understand.

They love Rocket League too. They're so happy whenever they manage to hit the ball!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 8:48

Aw, there's a lot of nice family Switch stories there.

Mine's not. Before Christmas, while i was at work, my aunt/uncle/cousin/cousin's kid visited my folks while my Switch was there, and the kid played it. I've only actually been on for a couple of times since then, for Zelda sessions, and I've noticed the left joy-con's started "going up" by itself. I completed the Zelda DLC with the "hard mode" of Link tipsily trying to walk off ledges. Sad

Shit, I'm about to start Mario Odyssey with that.

Er, Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 33 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33