We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:19

I spoke to two fellas on the phone at work today who shared what they were really enjoying about the Switch lately, and they both mentioned they loved the smaller, indie titles on eShop as a big draw for the console. I know that's an incredibly small sample size, but that's a good sign that Nintendo are right to be investing as heavily as they seem to be in the Nindies program.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:23

Aw, it's sweet to hear stuff like that!  Funnily enough, I was being asked by a colleague whether I'd recommend the Switch.  I'm a terrible salesperson: I went, 'Well you have to balance up the quality against the price,' when inside I'm going, 'YES YES BUY IT F*CKING BUY IIIIIIIIIIT'

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:26

It was indeed nice to hear it, especially as one of the lads mentioned that despite him having a Xbox One, PS4 and a PC, the Switch was gathering most of his time. To which I replied a) jammy bugger having all of those and b) have you finished a game over 10 hours long in the last year, just to confirm I wasn't speaking to Mas. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 22:06

If he was also the fan on indies that sounds a lot like me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 13:20

I've been asked by quite a few folk if I'd recommend getting a Switch, compared to absolutely nobody at all asking me if I'd recommend a Wii U.

(My honest answer is that it's still a bit expensive, and to shop about for a deal/wait for a holiday sale).

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 13:34

I've already murdered every one of my friends who hasn't bought a Switch, so . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 19:44

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I've been asked by quite a few folk if I'd recommend getting a Switch, compared to absolutely nobody at all asking me if I'd recommend a Wii U.

(My honest answer is that it's still a bit expensive, and to shop about for a deal/wait for a holiday sale).

I hope you didn't tell them that last bit, and just gave them the full-on enthusiastic sales pitch like wot I failed to do?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 20:26

Accidental DoPo, but there's no Switch news thread so eh - Nintendo will finally talk about their paid online service next month. Can anyone spell 'aprehensive'? Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:14

This is sort of poke fun at Balla but with this weeks eShop drop/games, that game out the Switch has now over 600 games if you count all the regions in what 14 months in a few days time, that's 43 games a month which is utter madness.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 0:21

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I've been telling folks somewhat similar if they've only expressed a mild interest in the machine, but if they've mentioned that they're really keen to play BotW or Odyssey then I'll tell them it's well worth the price of entry with some really good stuff no doubt on the horizon.

Balladeer wrote:
Accidental DoPo, but there's no Switch news thread so eh - Nintendo will finally talk about their paid online service next month. Can anyone spell 'aprehensive'? Neutral

Hm. I really hope the reason for the delay is that Nintendo are keen to make a great first impression and have been shoring up their online infrastructure. Like we've mentioned before, I can forgive a miserably laggy session of Smash Bros. when I didn't have to pay for the privilege.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 4:15

When I set up an Australian account on my Switch recently, I noticed it gave me quite a long spiel about the online service which I don't remember seeing for my UK or Japanese versions.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 18:44

JayMoyles wrote:
I've been telling folks somewhat similar if they've only expressed a mild interest in the machine, but if they've mentioned that they're really keen to play BotW or Odyssey then I'll tell them it's well worth the price of entry with some really good stuff no doubt on the horizon.

This is my position to be honest - or more generally, worth the price of entry for gamers/those wanting some fun stuff to play with families or friends now, for everyone soon no doubt.

masofdas wrote:
This is sort of poke fun at Balla but with this weeks eShop drop/games, that game out the Switch has now over 600 games if you count all the regions in what 14 months in a few days time, that's 43 games a month which is utter madness.

It's not nice to poke fun. Naughty

Although more seriously, as you've brought this up a couple of times, I'm going to redefine my parameters of the games I consider when thinking about the dr**ght:
  • Retail games. The thousand or so indies that clog up the eShop don't generally count.
  • More specifically, good retail games. Nobody should consider that WWE 2K18 counts towards any sort of Switch games list.
  • Not Wii U ports. Not unless they're ports of the Wii U's absolute top games, like Bayo 2 or SSB4. Hyrule Warriors and DKCTF are just below this rung for me.
  • In addition to the above, the highest profile downloadables. Either ones that have significant excitement behind them akin to many retail releases, like Stardew; or those that get overwhelmingly positive feedback, like Celeste.

Everyone has their own parameters, natch, but if you use game numbers without qualification to poke fun at me specifically going forwards then I reserve the right to brand you a dumbo, with or without appropriate .gifs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 19:18

It was always going to tail off a bit wasn't it? I think Nintendo & others have done really well to keep it going for the first full year where other launches fizzle out after a 2 or 3 months. Not to mention you usually get droughts on all formats around this time or in the coming months, I reckon it kick on nicely after E3 which is why I'm not worried about at all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 19:22

You're probably absolutely right Jas. I should be clear that I think there's a drought, not that I'm worried about it, or even particularly think it's a bad thing. It's made me pick up games (and cardboard construction kits) that I might not have done otherwise, not to mention given me time to get on with stuff outside gaming.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 20:26

Ahh I figured that might be the case. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 22:20

It's your preference Balla on what is a good game even to you and what you want to play. My point and on those 600 games it goes back to the question I posted to the admins in admintendo as 43 games a month like I said is utter madness as do we need that many on the system, you might argue yes that there is something always to play and you have a choice.

Which to me as someone who does have the means to play all the systems and open to most genres that I personally don't think nowadays we have a drought in gaming due to things like those 43 games a month on Switch that I feel there is always something to find worth playing. Which you say even yourself due to the lack of let's call it AAA games on Switch, you're playing games you might not have and to me, that's only a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2018 - 3:59

Right, Balla and Mas, you're both going on my mute list until I receive personal assurances that neither of you will ever mention or allude to this so-called "drought" ever again. I don't even care whether you think there is one or there's not, this conversation is boring and circular and you're not good enough at subtle little digs for "it was just bantz" to be an excuse for bringing it up.

The only positive result either of you have achieved is making me go and do something useful instead of sitting here GNaming all day.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2018 - 9:52

It's cool with me.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2018 - 15:51

Balladeer wrote:
the Wii U's absolute top games, like Hyrule Warriors

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2018 - 23:08

Re: the "drought", perceived or otherwise.

I think conversation on the matter is getting a bit cyclical and redundant at this stage, so it's time to nip it in the bud for now, I'd say - that goes for both highlighting the lack of heavy hitters and highlighting people highlighting the lack of heavy hitters on Switch.

I do appreciate that it's coming from a genuine place in that if you're not keen in the masses of eShop games - myself included - or if you're not keen about double dipping in Wii U ports then compared to the Switch's blisteringly hot first year, it's a bit sparse by comparison. Still, like we've mentioned before, it's time to revisit the games we've probably missed.

Although, moving onwards, the discoverability factor on eShop needs to be taken into consideration. This article raises a ton of applicable points that I genuinely hope Nintendo look into down the line.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 12:03

Yeah that was my sort of my point as 600 games are great to see but it's finding those good ones that there is always something to find and play as even if 10% is good, how do you know what 60 are and how do you find them.

That to me is the issue not if there is a drought or not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 14:07

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 Giphy-15
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 14:14

I love seeing dogs playing on human toys. See also: skateboards.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 19:04

To move the conversation sideways, and touch on what OR brought up: is anyone excited for Hyrule Warriors Switch? Genuine question, I'm not being snarky! It just seems like an odd release to me, since they brought it out not only on the Wii U in recent times, but also on the 3DS. That seems like overkill to me... but perhaps people didn't pick up the 3DS release? (Because it apparently ran like Epona dung on the non-New models.)

(Re. the eShop, is it too much to hope that Nintendo, who'll be announcing details about their paid online this month, will announce a rejig of the eShop at the same time? Furthermore, is it too much to hope that the paid online won't be necessary for eShop access and downloads alone? Pale )
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:13

I always heard good things about it and intended to pick it up but never did, definitely getting it this time around & aye I am quite looking forward to it. Thumbs Up!

----

Great news! Ikaruga is coming to Switch on May 29th Very Happy

Bad news! It's being published by Nicalis. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next