We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  Empty
PostSubject: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 1:58

So I glossed over this when I seen it briefly in the press event but after seeing it on treehouse this looks right up my street, the combat although turnbased looks like you are very involved & Ive had a thing for rogue-likes recently.

Here's all the details

Trailer:

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 7:29

Glad to see the guys behind Trine branching out a bit. Thumbs Up! It also looks really fun, though perhaps a bit fast-paced for this old man. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 8:28

The_Jaster wrote:
rogue-likes

ZeroJones wrote:
the guys behind Trine

Aw snap. Game looked really good in the trailer, but these two facets are putting me off.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 16:05

I'm looking forward to this one in March and from USA preorders going to be budget retail release, so hopefully does well for them/
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 16:55

ZeroJones wrote:
Glad to see the guys behind Trine branching out a bit. Thumbs Up! It also looks really fun, though perhaps a bit fast-paced for this old man. Winky Face

Apparently you can still take your time as it does pause before you decide your action.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:41

Roguelike RPG? Colour me interested.

This could definitely see a look considering the launch window is looking a tad sparse just now, and if I rattle through BotW quickly, then I'll need something else to play whilst I'm waiting for MK8 Deluxe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:41

I can see BotW taking up PLENTY of my time, but I might be interested in exploring a couple of these smaller releases as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 15:04

I picked this up today thanks to TSmurf as he was tweeting about GAME having it in. To my knowledge in till now, it had remained a GameStop exclusive but I remembered GAME stocking Song of the Deep briefly, checked online and there it was HBH sold-out however my local having had in stock, went and got for £18.

Played for a bit this afternoon and I really like it but I suck at it, I reckon if it was turned based or tad like Child of Lights system then I'd be awesome at it but thankfully even with dying, I see new things.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 19:59

Being a bugdet title on such a young console during a time in which you don't see many games selling for less than their RRP, I can see this doing well at £18. How disappointing then that the reviews make it sound like the biggest waste of time and resources imaginable. Not to put too fine a point on it, but it just sounds so fucking boring.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:03

Aye the reviews put me off big time, I've recently got into rouge-likes but this one seems to miss the point of the genre a little bit in terms of how you make progress & obtain rewards from that. So it's probably better waiting for the likes of Enter the Gungeon & Dead Cells to show up then to get that fix.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 18:02

Both those games look more like traditional rouge-likes, Jas where HBH to me is almost JRPG like but with this weird combat system and only the battling.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:00

Aye, I think that I'm unlikely to give this a look four months into the Switch's lifespan now unless it's heavily discounted. I'd imagine it's sold reasonably well being an early Switch release, mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 1:00

masofdas wrote:
Both those games look more like traditional rouge-likes, Jas where HBH to me is almost JRPG like but with this weird combat system and only the battling.

Yeah it seems like it'd be better if it didn't have the rouge like elements & was just a linear adventure game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:55

I have nothing to contribute regarding this game; only the fact that "rouge" has more hits than "rogue" on this page Naughty
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 20:29

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Being a bugdet title on such a young console during a time in which you don't see many games selling for less than their RRP, I can see this doing well at £18. How disappointing then that the reviews make it sound like the biggest waste of time and resources imaginable. Not to put too fine a point on it, but it just sounds so fucking boring.
Not tried it myself yet but the user reviews seemed a lot better than the critic ones with most stating the reviewers weren't giving it a proper chance, something that seems all too familiar with game reviews these days so I took the gamble.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)    Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Has-been Heroes (I has been expecting you)
Page 1 of 1