We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)

Go down 
+7
Athrun888
Muss
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:22

Coming out May on 3DS and it seems to be a download only at this stage.

It's based off Fire Emblem Gaiden, which is pretty different to the main series and that seems to be the case with Echoes too. I'm interested to get my hands on those dungeon crawling bits. So yeah, any takers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:29

Nah, it mentioned digital and physical copies on screen. I could see that in the full 1080p youtube presentation on my Xbox one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:31

Always up for more FE and if it has a little more of the classic feel I'll be a happy boy!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:41

Marth attacks. Laughing

I'm intrigued by any change in gameplay. I've struggled to get into Fire Emblem (and the similar (to me) Advance Wars) and a new twist might put the two of us together. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 23:01

I'm cautiously intrigued by it but I'm going to try and give Sacred stones on 3ds a go before paying this any real attention.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 23:38

Thought this looked very good, hopefully their professed commitment to the intricacies of the old game will produce something special by release.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 9:00

The more I think about it the more excited I get - just hope it keeps its more old school feel still!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 9:20

I just hope they don't completely f*** up the story by handing it to the bods that wrote Future Lucina Saga Awakening and Met With a Terrible Fate(s), that promo's story was already the strongest narative thing in modern FE, but so was the outline they were given for Fates that they threw in a bin halfway through in favour for pandering and the most black and white moral conflict of a chaotic evil nation fighting a lawful good nation ever written.  

That said I also hope, although I suspect they won't, include the revised item system of Fates.  The removal of consumable weapons in favour of every weapon having various effects affected strategic gameplay far more positively and I'd absolutely love to see it brought back.  

Everything else sounds ridiculously promising, although I do hope they sort out Gaiden's reputedly large and oft slow paced maps, both Awakening and Fates maps were sized just right with each chapter being the right size for a nice gaming session.  

Either way looking forward to more FE this December Grin

also lol at Nintendo still making games for the 3ds when the Switch desperately needs exclusives. Not that I mind of course, but between this and Wii U's breath of the wild what reason is there to buy one before Mario Odyssey again? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 9:52

They did mention a Switch Fire Emblem being worked on, but I'd imagine they can put together a remake in the 3DS engine without diverting too many resources so it makes sense. 3DS has an insane install base after all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 9:56

Yeah, I'd guess this is a quick turn around on the current engine before the big, firing on all chambers, Switch Masterpiece (please be a masterpiece).
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 13:04

I watched some Reggie interviews yesterday. One of the failings of the wii u he emphasised was the pacing of its game releases. He said this time Nintendo want to pace their releases much better, so there's always something new just around the corner and something to look forward to in the months beyond that.

I reckon FE switch is a part of that plan but we won't see a proper trailer until summer as by then the already announced switch titles will largely be out or nearly out .

I'm sure they're working hard on it behind the scenes though, especially since they showed off a lot for this 3ds game which makes me feel like its in a pretty playable state.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 14:49

Looks good and more FE is always good. I've seen like Athrun say why is this not on Switch, which their can be lots of reasons as you don't want to drop 60m+ install-base over night as they could be p'ed off for instance.

What I may have done is do both halves of the story as two games with one on 3DS and one on Switch.

On Muss is saying is great news as it does seem even though we are getting 3DS games, that Nintendo focus will be on Switch which means in the future likes of FE come to Switch not just once a generation.

One more thing could Intelligent Systems be spreading themselves to finely even if they are only helping out Koei Tecmo with Warriors?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 16:14

I was simply taking a factitious swipe at the Switch and its current irrelevancy due to a complete lack of killer exclusive apps via a rhetorical question, that said if this was coming out for the Switch I'd likely be far more swayed than I am right now, that much isn't exaggeration or factitious joke.  

I do agree that this is likely a money maker for the Switch one like suggested by Andy and Drunka, one last hurrah on the 3DS engine if you will.  Not sure I'd call it quick however, I suspect this has been at least two years in the making (originally I thought Revelation's drastic drop in map design quality was just laziness, I begin to wonder if it was actually because the A team had started working on Echoes instead.  Doesn't make it any more forgivable, but it would explain a few things).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:08

One thing I want to bring up that nobody's spoken about properly in this thread yet is the dungeon-crawling mechanics they showed off in the trailer. That's a huge leap for Fire Emblem as a whole - I'm keen to see more of that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:23

JayMoyles wrote:
Dungeon-crawling mechanics they showed off in the trailer. That's a huge leap for Fire Emblem as a whole.

A idea they had in 1992 Razz

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 29 Jan 2017 - 6:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a quote tag.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:30

Not what I meant Mas - the dungeon battles in Gaiden were still turn-based, whereas Echoes seem to be real-time. That's the big change.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:40

From this video seems to do a Final Fantasy see the enemy in real time then go into combat.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:41

Ah, I missed the fade-out they did when she struck the enemy. Still, the fact you traverse the dungeons like a Zelda game rather than the standard top-down Fire Emblem view has me interested.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:34

Haven't even played Fates yet but I'm definitely up for this either way, Fire Emblem would struggle to put a foot wrong for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 20:47

Don't play Revelations then...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:46

But how else will everything be revealed to me?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:43

Revelation having revelations?  Oh what a fantastic joke, I haven't laughed that hard in years!  Winky Face

Seriously though, the game has two "revelations", one rips open a plot hole so massive one would be better off calling it a chasm ( Cool ) and the other is something you could've guessed simply playing the other two games.  Heck the game was so bad I went on not one but two massive rants in the past, few games trigger me as bad as revelation!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 15:36

I forgot this was coming in-till seeing this limited edition announced today
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 22:19

Ooh, Alm and Celica amiibo. I should have expected as much, but that's neat nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:46

The amiibo were announced when the game was announced.

In the EU LE we are getting them in the set, where the yanks have to buy them on their own even if they get the LE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next