We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch games are you buying?

Go down 
+10
gjones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:36

Seeing as I don't have your address, here will have to do!

Fool's Gold For Fool's Games
A Drop Of Water Is A Game Of Gold
In This, The Month Of Daisy
A Diamond Month
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 10:07

Not sure about any of them Zero,

Ohh look Mass Effect Andromeda reviews are dropping today, ohh look it's a 7.5 on Metacrtic, it's like someone said it wouldn't be that great.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 16:16

It's not abysmal though, is it? I can still see folk having a tonne of fun with it even if it doesn't reach the same heights as the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 17:18

Whilst they may not all be amazingly gaming related, they are all meticulously researched: they all refer to April events/associations in some way. If anyone thinks they can do better, I defy them to accept the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 20:16

Next Month Is Called April

Balladeer

(don't use that one)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 21:32

I've fallen foul of tempting fate in that way before... Meh
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 22:12

Just Play Zelda Again For The Next Month (Unless You're Fucking NUTS)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 22:35

Jimbob wrote:
Just Play Zelda Again For The Next Month (Unless You're Fucking NUTS)

Definitely this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 22:37

Thirded.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 15:27

The_Jaster wrote:
It's not abysmal though, is it? I can still see folk having a tonne of fun with it even if it doesn't reach the same heights as the trilogy.

I agree but when I was saying for months it wouldn't be great no one was listening to me and now the game is on like a 7 on Metacrtic, people are losing their minds and going Bioware screwed up etc.

Where I was sat here going it's a different team, EA haven't pushed it that hard and Casey Hudson isn't on the production of the game. That's why I wasn't that bothered about it and thought it would get like a 7 game.

I will play it and get it at some-point and someone like a Drunka who hold the Trilogy as hard as regard as me, says Andromeda is a banger then I may pick up sooner then later but at the moment this is a summer pick up or even a Christmas list game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 15:49

I've played three and a half hours and I'm enjoying it so far. I can see hints that it's going to have lots of optional exploring and crafting bits, but they'll feel quite fiddly after Zelda.
The story isn't measuring up to the original trilogy's tale of humanity finding a place in the universe, the reapers and all that but it was never going to. An optimistic little adventure story feels like a nice offshoot.
I've liked the characters I've met so far, and I wouldn't have had an issue with the animations if I wasn't looking for them thanks to the internet.
The shooting is as good as Mass Effect has ever been: it doesn't measure up to Gears of War or anything, but it's a fun enough diversion among the RPG structure.

I definitely think I'll use up my 10 hours tomorrow and I'm fairly confident I'll pick it up properly on Thursday. Is it going to replace the original trilogy, or Zelda, in my heart? Don't be daft. It nice seeing all these cool aliens and scifi bits though, so here's hoping it takes me on a good ride.

Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 19:28

That sounds like what I'm expecting. I think a lot of disappointment has been generated from it not being the same style as the original trilogy. The only issues I've consistantly seen are "It's a bit too much like DA:I" - a game I enjoyed an "It's buggy" - which it sounds like the patch may have gone a fair way to fix, I'm still very excited.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 19:39

Two weeks later:

andyman949 wrote:
Really quite disappointing, 6/10.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 19:50

2 Weeks?! What kind of man do you take me for, that'll be Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 20:13

Complaining about a Mass Effect game being buggy is like complaining about Mario featuring jumping.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 23:06

Crumpy Andy wrote:
2 Weeks?! What kind of man do you take me for, that'll be Sunday!

If it please the court, Yer Honour, I was going to make this gag too. Winky Face

Something Something Mas Effect Something Something
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 14:34

Can't speak for the quality of mass effect seeing as I dropped the first game after the first level during which I had the lovely experience of constantly being told my close range headshots that were clearly hitting the enemy in the head were "missing". That and the first person perspective was giving me a headache. Aaaaand Shepard constantly spouting dialogue I was not selecting, can't stand it when games do that, takes me out of the role-playing aspect completely and makes me wish for fixed cutscenes I could just sit back and enjoy.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the lower score is more because the media seems to have finally clamped down on throwing 9's to everything that has a large graphic budget like they used to. Well, that and the fact it, allegedly, doesn't match up to the trilogy. Not that I'll ever know, headaches and all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 14:38

Mass Effect is third person though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch games are you buying?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4