We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?

Go down 
+14
EofGizmo
JayMoyles
Jimbob
NintenDUCK
shanks
OrangeRakoon
ZeroJones
gjones
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:04

Slip them a fiver on Thursday, they'll surely hand it over then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:29

There might be something in that, actually - I've got stuff from GAME in the past a bit early because I had a friend who worked there. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 23:35

So this is the first full Nintendo Launch that myself AND my girlfriend have been looking forward to so our plan is as follows:

Ive managed to get the day off at my Part time Job so ill be waiting in for Amazon to deliver my Grey Console to my door (well my hands, as ill be waiting at the door like a dog!)

Then ill wait for all the rest of the goodies we have ordered (Zelda: Special Edition, Amiibo, Super Bomberman R and Pro Controller), once all that has arrived, i shall shower, prepare dinner and wait for the GF to get home!

Then we will play Zelda together till she falls asleep, when ill sneak some Bomberman Online in!

I plan on starting Zelda on the Saturday night myself as she is going out the weekend.

Chuck in some Irn Bru and its pretty much the perfect weekend!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 7:09

This place is going to get ever more nauseating, isn't it? Very Happy All the new couples, and Mr. Jones getting wed... Good thing we'll have the Switch to distract us all from that!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 10:06

Sad

I'm aiming to be about as nauseating as I've ever been...
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 12:41

Am I the only one here that's married already?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 17:07

Of our regulars, I would say so (off the top of my head), but give me four and a half weeks. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 18:58

ZeroJones wrote:
Sad

I'm aiming to be about as nauseating as I've ever been...

(readies bucket) Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 11:06

I'm trying to get the Sunday off in-between March 3rd and March 6th also I've got no idea what I'm getting day one now as games keep getting announced and if the accounts work like with PSN and XBL then imports might also come in to play.

Now I'm getting Zelda for sure then now I'm looking at:
Fast RMX it should be decent racer with online could be great to play with you guys like with Sonic Racing
I Am Setsuna a decent JRPG and another story single player game
Snipperclips a co-op puzzle game but depends on what the single player is like but then again I would be happy to give EofGiz £10 to go halves (Said same about 1-2-Switch) to do some streaming of it & just to play it, yet their is a bundle coming with Joy-Cons which might be worth getting if it is decent saving from the £90 on their own
Shovel Knight a 2D platformer nothing else like it but I do own on Wii U (I own Fast on Wii U but online) that I may even leave this now from yesterday saying I'm getting
Skylanders: Imaginators more likely then Bomberman and I got a feeling this will be in a deal in GAME and be a okay 3D Platformer
Super Bomberman R very unlikely due cost and a certain Kompany to be day one but again is a different genre and has online

That is a good variety of games and genres without bringing up the three games from the Tomorrow Corporation and what could possibly be day one or close to it in Europe from the Japanese launch such as Blaster Master Zero and would cover the same as Shovel Knight in terms of genre.

For sure I'm needing a SD card on day one, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 19:27

...so does anyone else think that the Switch launch is looking, y'know, kinda good now?  I'd say it's comparable to the Wii actually (which makes it better than the Wii U).  The fact that both launched with a ported Zelda is obvious, but it sounds like, in Snipperclips, Nintendo might have found an answer to Wii Sports (with 12S being the Wii Play analogue, and I enjoyed that a fair bit).  It won't convert non-gamers or reluctant gamers (nods towards Cappa) in the same volumes, but us Ninty fans, it sounds like it might actually have more to it in multiplayer than the Wii's revolutionary game.

And then there's the other stuff too, Bombers and SK and that.  Y'know what, gents?  I think that this launch is actually, for those in the know, going to be better than the Wii!  (Nowhere near as good for those out of the know, natch.)  And given that the GC didn't launch with anything anywhere near as big as BotW, and the N64 had about three games...

...hang on a minute...
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 19:56

Yeah I agree, its gone from "oh great 5 games to choose from" to "how do I pick which games to get!"

I personally think theres now a ton of different and interesting stuff waiting for us when we beat botw which is both great and kinda unexpected!

My wii memory is foggy but was there a great deal if good stuff for the month after launch?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 20:24

Fake news! The switch has no games, is too expensive, doesn't work, lacks non-gaming features and will flop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 23:28

I would say that this is the best digital games launch ever by far.

Ohh and I've got the Sunday off
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 20:30

Balladeer wrote:
reluctant gamers (nods towards Cappa)

?

~

Much more content about the Switch's launch line-up now. I'm more or less set on getting Breath of the Wild, Snipperclips, FAST RMX and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - that gives me the variety of having a game that'll last ages, something new, a racer and a platformer.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 21:16

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 6:00

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
reluctant gamers (nods towards Cappa)

?

Thinking of the story where Wii Sports got you back into gaming. You were a either a reluctant gamer or a non-gamer at the time, I believe.

I hope the news about the Switch actually having a good launch line-up spreads. Seeing as I'm taking a week off work for its launch, I've had to talk to some people at work about the Switch, and they'll inevitably lead with, 'But it isn't going to have any games, is it?' Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 9:58

I saw the big chain on Scullions Twitter of people still saying it has no games, it is still a odd one as is Nintendo saying it No maybe on Tuesday yeah which is 3 days before the launch, which doesn't leave much time for someone to suddenly go I want a Switch.

Then retail which I think a lot of people still see as the be-all and end-all, is still sparse and myself for instance is looking at one retail game without a doubt with two maybes that all depend on price, where even the Wii U I picked up 6 (I think).

The big one which I think is also true even for the likes of you Balla who is 99.8% Nintendo only could play 9 of the March games in some form on Wii U or 3DS, or if your a PS4 person and missed the Wii U like Jay then you can play 7 of them.

Ever system launches with ports but for the naysayer this is all fuel for them and people at your work when you go it now has 15 games by the end of March and they ask you what they are you go Shovel Knight, I can only see them going well I've all ready got that or that came out 3 years ago.

What Cappa is saying their is now something for almost everyone in most genres, it would been ice to see Street Fighter at launch for the fighting fan, hopefully we get the Neo Geo games day one in Europe & can play KOF 98 instead.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 10:39

Zelda is the only big launch title and it's also on WiiU. Fast RMX, shovel knight and I am Setsuna are good games (having not actually played shovel knight or Setsuna I'm taking that on general consensus) but both ports of years old games, both with limited/niche appeal - Fast RMX especially.

Bomberman looks good but I doubt it's anything amazing - it's fundamentally the same bomberman game everyone has played since the series began - and I struggle to match the high price tag up against what the game appears to offer. When you can get bomberman for a fraction of the price on any number of platforms its not that attractive a launch game. If it wasn't a Switch launch title I doubt many people would be interested.

1-2-Switch looks fun as a demo piece for the console but not being bundled and being a full price release makes it a lot less attractive. I hardly think it's going to be remembered as a truly great game. It doesn't appear to have any of the same universal appeal or immediacy of gameplay that wii sports has.

Snipperclips looks genuinely great and makes for a solid supporting title at launch.

But yeah, when I talk to people who are more casual gamers Zelda is the only title they care about and are really aware of - and I'm not going to recommend any of the other launch titles as they are just too niche of an appeal (with perhaps the exception of Snipperclips, but that's not a system seller).

It's all about Zelda and Zelda alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:06

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I'm not going to recommend any of the other launch titles as they are just too niche of an appeal (with perhaps the exception of Snipperclips, but that's not a system seller).

Really on here, SONM or in real life you know what people like, surely if you know someone who likes JRPGs you would recommend I Am Setsuna. I think that's why the Switch line-up has become rather good because it does have something for everyone and not just Zelda, is just has that person played it to me is the only problem.

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:19

In real life. My housemates game a lot more casually than me - they're interested in the likes of Zelda, Mario and Mario Kart when it comes to Nintendo. RPGs are a pretty niche genre - for most people it doesn't go beyond Skyrim, Witcher, Pokemon and Final Fantasy. I Am Setsuna is a throwback to an older era of RPGs with indie art stylings - it's not something I'd recommend to someone who hasn't played more than 3D Final Fantasy. It definitely doesn't have mainstream appeal.

I was speaking to a friend on Saturday night about the Switch, and all he even knew about was Zelda. He has zero interest in any of the other launch games - and probably doesn't even know what any of them are. He fits into the general casual gamer profile - COD, Fifa, GTA, Assassin's Creed, etc.. He was much more interested in knowing when it was going to get Netflix support.

Zelda is the only game with that mainstream appeal in the Switch launch lineup.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:25

Sure but like Drunka has said in the past the people that buy it launch aren't the general casual gamer profile you bring up and also I'm not sure if the Switch will do much for them in the long run as like I've said about FIFA they'll likely get on their Xbox One or PS4 like they've done for years as that's where they're mates are playing and ultimate team etc

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:28

I SAID
POSITIVE
MENTAL
ATTITUDE.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:34

masofdas wrote:
Sure but like Drunka has said in the past the people that buy it launch aren't the general casual gamer profile you bring up and also I'm not sure if the Switch will do much for them in the long run as like I've said about FIFA they'll likely get on their Xbox One or PS4 like they've done for years as that's where they're mates are playing and ultimate team etc

I agree. But then if you look at the launch lineup as an enthusiast, the games being ports is equally as disappointing. If you're a massive JRPG fan then you're likely to have already played I am Setsuna. If you're a big Nintendo fan you've already had plenty of a chance to play Shovel Knight and Fast and have the opportunity to get Zelda on WiiU.

So it's not a good launch for the casual/mainstream outside of Zelda.

And it's not a good launch for the core because it's mostly games they can get elsewhere.

It'll be a different story by Christmas I think
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:48

Like I said in my reply to Balla, the ports can be applied to any launch. I still think the PS4 launch was great but I know peeps on here think it was rather naff as you could get COD on PS3 for instance.

Here just some of games I'm looking at day one outside of Zelda, I Am Setsuna which sure I could have played but it was meant for the VITA and due to the art-style always thought as it as a portable game which now it will be on Switch. FAST sure it's a RMX but the jump is rather big from what I'm hearing what would be the equivalent to a Witcher 3 expansion pack but for racing games. Shovel Knight as I've not really played it that much on Wii U and I don't really want to go back to the Wii U also all that content for £25 seems a great deal seeing the one pack in £10 on it's own.

Snipperclips which is brand new and I may wait for the controller bundle, Skylanders which depends on price but be nice to have another physical Switch game, Bomberman again down to price.

I'm not sure about the Tomorrow Corporation games as their down to price more then anything but if World of Goo is £7 like STEAM then it might be worth a punt.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 12:46

I'm more enthusiastic for the Switch launch right now than I've ever been (or could be, given I'm not actually getting one for a couple of months). Snipperclips looks aces, I Am Setsuna tickles my RPG pancreas like a stick insect and the new Shovel Knight content is gently stroking my retraux platformer liver like a feather duster.

As OR says, though, that's as an enthusiast. Nintendo have to rely on that poxy-looking Zelda game (that slaps my open world action adventure trapezius like an anvil) to sell the console to non-enthusiasts. Pity. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next