We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 19:55

While you lot are watching challenging intellectual programs like that, I'm watching the Big Cats documentary series, mainly because the last episode was actually about Small Big Cats - dey soo kyoot!
 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 Rusty-spotted-cat-kitten
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:36

I watched the first ep of that this morning and even though I'm not big on domestic cats I do love big cats and wildlife documentaries in general. Thumbs Up!

---

Also yesterday I watched the season finale of The Gifted which I've thoroughly enjoyed, overall it nails an interesting story and characters but some of the action set pieces need a bit work but despite that it is still my favourite show on TV.

Here's a spoiler no one will read. :
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:51

My Dad's been watching Game of Thrones from the beginning and I've been joining him for the big episodes. Spoilers for those that haven't seen GoT...

Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 22:26

Jo has got us on Travelers, a Netflix Canadian-American sci-fi show. People from the far-flung future return to inhabit the bodies of people who are about to die so that they can change the present and maybe make their Bad Future not happen. It's... a little loose in narrative, I would say, but I am curious to see where it's going. Is anyone else on the Travelers train?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2018 - 0:36

I stuck with Star Trek Discovery and it ended up being excellent. Tight stories that actually moved at a good pace, great characters with real arcs, and an ending that was pure Star Trek after the action-heavy, militaristic opening made me worry it didn't feel right. Roll on season two!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2018 - 18:47

I thought the part at the very end was a bit hammy but the series overall was Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:50

You mean the cliffhanger? Yeah, it was cheesy and obvious but hopefully what it leads into will be fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 12:57

I sure do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 20:39

Jimbob's cat pic is the best part of this page, and possibly this thread.

In news of interest to nobody here but me and Jas, I'm back on Supernatural! I can't remember which series it was you said you liked least, Jas - was it 7? Because I am leaning that way.

Also I'm watching The Mash Report, which feels like a bargain-basement HIGNFY or MtW starring a bargain-basement John Oliver... but which is slowly making me laugh more and more. Not recommended for Brexit fans.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Feb 2018 - 3:14

ZeroJones wrote:
Jo has got us on Travelers, a Netflix Canadian-American sci-fi show. People from the far-flung future return to inhabit the bodies of people who are about to die so that they can change the present and maybe make their Bad Future not happen.

That all sounds a bit Quantum Leap. Would I be right to assume it doesn't have that show's charm?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Feb 2018 - 6:19

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Jo has got us on Travelers, a Netflix Canadian-American sci-fi show. People from the far-flung future return to inhabit the bodies of people who are about to die so that they can change the present and maybe make their Bad Future not happen.

That all sounds a bit Quantum Leap. Would I be right to assume it doesn't have that show's charm?

Absolutely, I'm afraid. It's considerably darker, though the leads are likeable enough. Ziggy says there's an 87% chance that I should stop watching now but, as seemingly ever, we're going to take the road with the lower percentage. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 20:21

Balladeer wrote:
Also I'm watching The Mash Report, which feels like a bargain-basement HIGNFY or MtW starring a bargain-basement John Oliver... but which is slowly making me laugh more and more.  Not recommended for Brexit fans.
I agree it's a bit "easy punchline" sometimes, but it upset Piers Morgan, so it did something right. Of course he had the nerve to complain about the picture they made up of him and Trump, when of course he was responsible for that fake Iraq war prison photo...

anyway digression over
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 21:16

Wait, he got irritated by it? I take it all back, best show on TV today. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 20:06

Something I think Zero and Jo will love Queer Eye on Netflix. It's not my normal type of thing but I saw it blew up when it was released on Netflix all over twitter and I was waiting to watch the football and didn't want to start a game for 30mins or anything that I put the first new episode of QE in and it's rather decent.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 22:38

Westworld is back tomorrow! I am so incredibly hyped. Grin

As part of a Reddit question and answer, the showrunners said they planned to share with Reddit the full plotline for Season Two because of how Reddit had figured out the key plot points for Season One really early on and they were concerned that this would ruin the viewing experience for all.

Of course, they were joking but Reddit took it seriously and were furious that they would ruin their own show like this, so the showrunners shared this work of art. I think it contains spoilers for the first few minutes of what I presume is the first episode of season two, but it's a work of genius.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 2:17

I never caught season one of WW, but hopefully my dad's NOW TV account will work here and I can catch up with the first season and join in for the second. Should be right up my street: robots, innit?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 9:39

I had been seeing the teaser ads here and there but I didn't know it was out so soon, so excited for this as well. Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 16:08

Same and why not in the April list of things coming. I'm not sure if I will watch right away or just wait in-till it's out in 4K box set to binge watch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 17:58

I'm not usually a fan of binge watching shows, I like having that week to wait until the next episode as you get to appreciate what happened in that one episode and actually get to process it in your brain/discuss it with someone who is at the same part you are.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 21:25

You'd love it Drunka - cerebral as all hell, brilliantly written and there's robots.

I like binge watching when I'm rewatching a program - Westworld worked well in that format because it was a helluva lot easier to follow the plot threads to completion in a big binge watching session.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Apr 2018 - 11:43

For me I don't watch much TV, and what I do is mainly things on Netflix which is normally all in one go and that's what I've got used to. Only shows I watch on TV in a more normal way is Walking Dead and I've not bothered with the second half of season 2 as it was that bad, Game of Thrones and Westworld basically as it's only those 3 shows and what a few months worth of Now TV.

I may as wait now, but WDS8 on DVD (urghh) so Dad can watch and Westworld S2 when it's available in 4K, I will sub for Game of Thrones though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Apr 2018 - 17:47

Well, I'm not waiting and I did indeed catch S2E1 of Westworld last night. I'm already theory-crafting what's going on - what a show. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 19:32

How was Westworld Season 2, should I be excited for it when it comes out in 4K?

I finished watching the Netflix Lost in Space and it's actually rather decent.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 23:14

I don't think it was tightly put together as Season One, but I still bloody loved it. Season One could have acted as a standalone story but I get the impression with Season Two that they're setting the overall story moving forwards.

Having said that, it was still firing on all cylinders at its peak and S2E4 is my favourite across both series so far. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018 - 22:26

Good to know when it comes to 4K.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next