We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
masofdas
shanks
Raxicori
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:15

Ah fuck. Guess I'm going to GAME tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a copy of Federation Force and Triforce Heroes - those are games that I've been keen to try but not to buy. 99p is a steal though.

Will you be joining us on Monster Hunter then, Cappa? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:20

Are you still in Edinburgh, Jay? The GAME in Waverley Mall just next to the station might be a decent bet to find some of those games. I was in there at the start of last week and they had loads of Nintendo stuff. In Aberdeen, GAME were selling the Chibi-Robo Zip Lash amiibo bundles for £4.99; Edinburgh had quite a few of those in stock when I was there.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:11

Those are bonkers prices!

Probably can't get to GAME until the weekend but if anyone does come across doubles at 99p, "I'LL BUY THEM AT A HIGH PRICE!" (well, £2).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:16

Hopefully I'll get a chance to pop into the Cheltenham one soon.
Right, what do we reckon? Game are in trouble, Nintendo are in trouble, or this is a sign the Switch is doing so well 3DS and Wii U are dead?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 1:39

Ooft! MH Gen for 99p? If you happened to get into MH like I have that would have to be considered the bargain of all time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 2:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Are you still in Edinburgh, Jay? The GAME in Waverley Mall just next to the station might be a decent bet to find some of those games. I was in there at the start of last week and they had loads of Nintendo stuff. In Aberdeen, GAME were selling the Chibi-Robo Zip Lash amiibo bundles for £4.99; Edinburgh had quite a few of those in stock when I was there.

Nope, not in Edinburgh anymore, but the mighty GAME in Dunfermline has a relatively decent Nintendo section so I might find a game or two worth picking up.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Right, what do we reckon? Game are in trouble, Nintendo are in trouble, or this is a sign the Switch is doing so well 3DS and Wii U are dead?

Yes, no, Wii U is and 3DS essentially is for anything not named Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 13:25

Sounds more like a uk thing with the 3ds, the local EB still had a decent selection when I nabbed Echoes last week.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 17:40

gjones wrote:
if anyone does come across doubles at 99p, "I'LL BUY THEM AT A HIGH PRICE!" (well, £2).

Had a butchers in the two GAMEs in Aberdeen but, sorry, there was nothing left. Thumbs Down...

Drunkalilly wrote:

I was told when I was buying those games that it's simply a clearout of old stock. As the Switch's shelf space (and, bizarrely, the Wii and DS's) gets bigger, it looks like the Wii U and 3DS's is getting smaller, and that helps that.

The_Jaster wrote:
Ooft! MH Gen for 99p? If you happened to get into MH like I have that would have to be considered the bargain of all time.

I've already traded it in, like the dirty scalper bastart that I am! I've got Monster Hunter 3 and 4 already, and I think I've sunk a combined one minute into them. I should give them a go, but the playtime scares the fuck out of me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 17:51

Drunkalilly wrote:

There will be a reckoning. Drama queen

GAME are always on the edge of trouble, for me: their product is expensive, particularly when Internet stores are so much cheaper. Their value to customers is therefore for trade-ins but even here they suck: a second hand MK8 Deluxe retails for £48, a macho £2 off the RRP... and Internet stores are still cheaper. Nintendo are not in trouble - or, at least, they remain as popular as ever in the UK. Selling Ninty stuff off cheap is a good way to raise a bit of cash. Wii U stock should disappear but there's still some life in the 3DS yet, much to our Balla's chagrin.

As a business, they should be backing what sells: the Boîtes Noires de Pouvoir. Ideally, the Switch will join that lucrative sweet spot before too long. Give it a year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 18:18

From what I've seen in my two nearest GAMEs is that they need more space and Wii U is dead and 3DS I think now will just get the new releases with not a lot else.

From my trip to Exeter, I got Teddy Together for 99p, Star Fox Zero for £4.99 and Paper Mario Color Splash for £9.99. Only Teddy was marked up at that price the others where full price.

Unlike Taunton when I took them to the till, they scanned them and where like they thought they got them all as the guy who was dealing with me, told me he got MonHan and Dragon Quest for 99p each.

I've done a Cappa but eBayed mine for £30 already with Teddy still to be sold.

I did buy these quality PSP games though whilst in the city centre which includes Tactics Ogre
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 18:35

TCK wrote:
I've already traded it in, like the dirty scalper bastart that I am! I've got Monster Hunter 3 and 4 already, and I think I've sunk a combined one minute into them. I should give them a go, but the playtime scares the fuck out of me.

Haha no worries! I know it isn't for everyone & I meant for that post to be about people in general not just you.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:28

masofdas wrote:
I got Teddy Together for 99p
masofdas wrote:
I've done a Cappa but eBayed mine for £30 already with Teddy still to be sold.
Wow good luck that! If you profit off Teddy Together you'll get a Applause - that's some scary teddy shit...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:38

Worst case scenario I trade in for £6 in CEX.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:54

I shifted those four 3DS games I bought for 99p each into the same GAME today, and got £50 credit. And then on the way back to the office, I popped into the other GAME in town and bought another copy of Dragon Quest VII for another 99p. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 7:30

Not bought yesterday, but it did arrive yesterday:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 9:42

I'm still waiting on mine and Tim is still waiting on his Dragon Quest Builders on VITA from PlayAsia, they're free that can't really moan but still taking awhile crocodile. I hope the two games I bought from PlayAsia this past week don't as long.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 15:28

2 new Monster Hunter figures meaning I have 3 out of the 6 in volume 4.

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 DBZFqIEXoAErYn7
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:03

Bought a replacement Wii sensor bar. Pretty sure my youngest yanked it loose from that tiny wire it has, but I'm glad that Ebay is full of the things. I wonder how hard they'll be to get hold of in 10 years time...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 0:15

The_Jaster wrote:
2 new Monster Hunter figures meaning I have 3 out of the 6 in volume 4.

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 DBZFqIEXoAErYn7

Ah, that's the same Lagi I got with my secret Santa gift. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 10:42

@Jay Aye they're going for about £6.50 on the Nintendo store now, I've also now clicked the bases together so it looks like the Glavenus is taking a proper tail swipe at the Lagi.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 6:33

That was fast.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 10:00

Nice! Having the pro controller upped my MK8D game a wee bit because holding the A button down doesn't hurt my thumb after 10 minutes like the joycon does.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 12:18

I felt that too last night! Shocked To be honest, the main reason I wanted it was because I was craving a proper D-pad. Anyway, I've left it charging whilst at work and can't wait to get stuck in with it tonight. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 13:20

That full charge will last you ages as well, I got mine about 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't ran out.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 17:21

It's a superb controller, and I think worth the premium price we all paid for it. I've used the JoyCon Grip as a bookend since getting the Pro Controller - there's no going back to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next