We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)

Go down 
+4
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 22:20

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I know it's a bit mental, but how good would it have been for Nintendo to launch an Arcade Mini with all these games on there instead? Just a wee miniture arcade cabinet to plonk on your coffee table in the living room.
Yeah! Trouble is, it's the same scale ratio as the NES/SNES mini, so it's still 2 feet tall.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 22:43

I'd still have that. Granted, it would break the coffee table, but I can always head down the nearest British Heart Foundation for a new table any time I want a quick bash on Vs. Pinball.

~

ACA Mario Bros. is up on the 'Coming Soon' bit of the European eShop, and it's going to cost £6.29. Personally, I'm just going to stick with the versions that I've got. FYI, if you're one of the 3DS Ambassadors who got ten free GBA games back after the first price cut, go back and load up Super Mario Advance 3: SMW2: Yoshi's Island - Mario Bros. is on there too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 19:29

Oooft, I'd probably cave on another, slightly different, Super Mario bros for £6 but not Mario Bros, which I'm not sure was ever good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 23:01

I'd still have that. Granted, it would break the coffee table, but I can always head down the nearest British Heart Foundation for a new table any time I want a quick bash on Vs. Pinball.

Laughing You're all about the charity

ACA Mario Bros. is up on the 'Coming Soon' bit of the European eShop, and it's going to cost £6.29. Personally, I'm just going to stick with the versions that I've got. FYI, if you're one of the 3DS Ambassadors who got ten free GBA games back after the first price cut, go back and load up Super Mario Advance 3: SMW2: Yoshi's Island - Mario Bros. is on there too.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Oooft, I'd probably cave on another, slightly different, Super Mario bros for £6 but not Mario Bros, which I'm not sure was ever good.

Agreed - it's another of those pre-SMB games where jumping feels like bowel surgery - see also Ice Climbers. I think I'd hang around for a game that was vastly improved in the arcades #SurelyTimeForTheRealSecondLevelOfDonkeyKong.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 22:16

KoF'95 is coming to Switch, it was a utter banger on Saturn but it may have been surpassed by some of the other fighters though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 19:12

Question: I was nearly tempted to buy the ACA Mario Bros., as, although the game is quite limited, it is a bit of history I don't have, and I don't have any proper versions of the NES one. But, looking at the original list, I couldn't see Donkey Kong. Why not?

FFS the NES version which I have 3 times is missing a level. Is there a licensing issue with the cement factory or something? I'd bleddy pay £6.29 not to have to navigate round Donkey Kong 64 to play it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 21:33

Cartridge ROM size, maybe? It would be funny if it couldn't go onto the NES version because someone else had the rights over and license for cement.

In case you didn't know, the 3DS Virtual Console has a version of the game called Donkey Kong Original Edition - that's got the cement level in it too, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Oct 2017 - 22:30

Oh shit. Yeah. I forgot that existed. I probably should buy that if it doesn't come out on the Switch. Don't make me resort to Killer Gorilla, Nintendo!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 19:44

Irem Arcade hits is getting added to line up meaning games like R-Type will be soon on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 20:34

You know what? I might get R-type. When our look back at NGamer magazines got started, I got really excited seeing the R-Type "channel" as a Virtual Console game. Never bought it mind.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 20:41

Everything crossed for In The Hunt, published by Irem and developed by the team that went on to make Metal Slug.

On another note, Street Hoop was added to the eShop today. I quite like Street Hoop, it's from a golden time when all basketball games followed the classic NBA Jam formula, and not from today, where you'd have to be a complete paedo to enjoy the NBA 2K games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 21:03

Always really liked the R-type games so that's great news. Thumbs Up!

TCK wrote:
Everything crossed for In The Hunt, published by Irem and developed by the team that went on to make Metal Slug.

On another note, Street Hoop was added to the eShop today. I quite like Street Hoop, it's from a golden time when all basketball games followed the classic NBA Jam formula, and not from today, where you'd have to be a complete paedo to enjoy the NBA 2K games.

Never seen or heard of that In the hunt game before but if it's from the Metal slug folk then it's bound to be good.

Actually it looks like that Switch eShop game Earth Atlantis was influenced by it which is currently on my watch list, now I've got nothing against Steet Hoop (never played it) but as soon as NintendoLife mentioned Double dribble I just wanted that instead.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 21:14

I went looking for the PSone version after I found out about it last year, but it turns out that it's the second most expensive PSone game at CEX!

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 21:18

Ooft that's ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:34

Wouldn't that apply to all sim-sport games, thankfully the Switch is getting a nice variety of sport titles at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 22:30

masofdas wrote:
you'd have to be a complete paedo to enjoy the NBA 2K games.

Wouldn't that apply to all sim-sport games

Guys have I missed something here? I want to get a basketball game at some point, but... not... be put on a register? Eh?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 23:24

Got me VS Super Mario Bros a few days ago and I'm making my way through it slowly. The hardest part about playing it is having the two buttons not horizontally next to each other. Embarrassed I could cope if B were jump and Y attack... guess I'll be changing the button layout tomorrow. Cool That aside, the level changes are keeping me guessing. It's good stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Dec 2017 - 8:39

Is it sad that I'm also looking forward to playing a game I've finished several dozen times, looking for the slight differences?! I think I'll cope with the B/A placement, as I've been playing SMA4:SMB3 on the WiiU VC (acronimble), and have acknowledged any incompetence as my own Duh! .
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Dec 2017 - 19:41

Jimbob wrote:
Is it sad that I'm also looking forward to playing a game I've finished several dozen times, looking for the slight differences?

If it is sad, I'm right there being a saddo next to you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 8:19

Well, it is an arcade machine, so it's supposed to be more difficult, and a few levels are slightly different from their originals but: I'm still trying to finish VSMB on one credit, and failing. I got to 6-3 once... I feel I can't give up on it yet. Hm.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 10:28

I can't remember if I managed that during my playthrough - probably not, to be fair. I mean, you can see how I fared on the first world here. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:23

I don't know if VS-SMB is going to be for me if part of the appeal is the minute differences between the original and the arcade version. I've definitely not played SMB enough to notice any changes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 22:12

Ye did grand, Zero! I reckon they changed that bit in 1-2 to stop people from getting stuck in the block and ending up in minus world.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 23:31

You've managed to sell that to me with your video Zero. I'm by no means an expert on the game to pick out every difference but it looked fun and really like the presentation of the Arcade Archives series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 6:07

Oh, nice! Very Happy Whilst the SMB veterans will have fun playing spot the difference, you don't need to be one to enjoy it. It's a fun game in its own right. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next