We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 10:23

That was the worst thing about the Wii, hands not connected for games that didn't need motion controls.

Anyway I'm still playing Night in the Woods and just hit Chapter 3 of 4, as someone that plays games like it often, I do have to agree with Balla it is slow and the load times don't help with that either.

I don't know if that's a Switch thing as I'm sure I had a framerate drop as well at one point that did seem really odd and out of place in a game like NitW.

It is also the first game I've played on Switch, I wish I played on PS4 as load times might be better but I actually miss trophies as I can see there being ones for the Bass playing mini-game for instance.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 10:35

I actually quite like split controllers. Its comfy to be able to lounge on a sofa or bed, one hand behind my head, and play for ages.
That said, it doesn't quite feel right, even for someone who played as much Wii as me. When I'm getting super into something that takes a bit of concentration, like an intense bout in ARMS, I find myself more in the zone with a proper controller.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 13:35

I wouldn’t even think to use the Joy-Cons when I’m playing docked, now that I’ve got a Pro Controller. Shame that you left it in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Brexitland, Drunka! On the other hand, you are playing two of my absolute favourite Switch games, so, y’know. Winky Face

Back on topic, I’ve found myself trying to burn through the final piece of the Shantae: Half Genie Hero DLC, Friends To The End. You take control of three of Shantae’s friends as they trudge through the same ruddy levels as before go over Shantae’s memories in order to help her at a crucial part of the plot in the main game. I was hoping for something like the beautiful The Lost Vikings but instead it’s just irritating. I’ll be glad to get it done and then go back to Yooka-Laylee. Pale No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 15:15

Drunkalilly wrote:
I actually quite like split controllers. Its comfy to be able to lounge on a sofa or bed, one hand behind my head, and play for ages.
That said, it doesn't quite feel right, even for someone who played as much Wii as me. When I'm getting super into something that takes a bit of concentration, like an intense bout in ARMS, I find myself more in the zone with a proper controller.

I like the split controllers, but it's usually for lazier games where, much like yourself with ARMS, I don't need that level of focus. I certainly couldn't play Bayonetta like that.

Totally off topic this, but that's the first of me seeing your avatar change. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 19:06

JayMoyles wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

I like the split controllers, but it's usually for lazier games where, much like yourself with ARMS, I don't need that level of focus. I certainly couldn't play Bayonetta like that.

Totally off topic this, but that's the first of me seeing your avatar change. Laughing Laughing

I quite enjoy split controllers as well, as pointed out though there aren't many games where's it's necessary though I did try it with Splatoon 2 as I was told it's like wii remote pointer controls but it felt so odd because you aren't controlling your aiming reticle and camera at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 20:01

Must admit to having not play with split Joy-Cons more than perhaps once since unboxing my Pro. It's the first time I've played with a controller that's nice to hold since... well, the Gamepad, but before that the GC controller. (I don't think I played enough with the DualShock to count it.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 22:32

I just can't see how split controls would be comfy even in bed, I would just have a proper controller in my lap. It's why I never liked the Wii and why out of any system ever, I want remasters / HD versions but knowing Nintendo they'll do it and make us use split Joy-Cons.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 6:55

masofdas wrote:
I just can't see how split controls would be comfy even in bed, I would just have a proper controller in my lap. It's why I never liked the Wii and why out of any system ever, I want remasters / HD versions but knowing Nintendo they'll do it and make us use split Joy-Cons.

Separated hands, comfortable Joy-Con or Wii Remote and Nunchuk:

Hands together, gripping a controller, stiff, uncomfortable:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 8:04

I've read stories about disabled people loving the Wii, because it meant that they didn't have to have their hands close together to grip the controller. It warms my heart that Nintendo have gone back to that possibility with the Switch. Love
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 9:45

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Separated hands, comfortable Joy-Con or Wii Remote and Nunchuk:

Hands together, gripping a controller, stiff, uncomfortable:

I'd still do option B after 25 years of gaming, I'm set in my ways.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:23

Any control method that makes you look like Wednesday Addams has my vote.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 19:41

I didn't think I had a problem with the split controllers - I don't need my hands to be interfering with each other (oo-er) - but I do get a few problems playing Mario Odyssey. Sort of a panic that I'm not able to use the sticks properly. Probably just me though...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018 - 0:29

Gotta love those split controllers for when you're lay back in a position too awkward for a regular controller though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 18:29

Clearly I've got to give them more of a chance, the one day a week I get to play in non-handheld mode...

I think I'm playing Owlboy now. Not quite sure.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 23:01

Started The Flame in the flood while I waited for LA Noire to install & I'm finding it tough going so far, died twice to starvation and the third by a wild boar that wouldn't leave me alone so multiple lacerations and broken bones happened. Sulk So not sure if I like it or not yet as I'm still learning from my mistakes like you usually do in most rogue likes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 18:41

...pet piggy? No? Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 19:06

No, but you do have a dog that tags along with you that alerts you items & acts as extra storage space.......oh forgot to mention that the music is phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 7:40

I'm playing Scribblenauts Letdown.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 10:12

Is it any good? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 10:18

I've got 4 games on the go as thanks to the direct and vote, been using the Switch and playing Koi, Celeste, North (review) and Splatoon 2.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 10:48

Treesmurf wrote:
Is it any good? Winky Face

It's not awful to be fair, but it would feel right at home on Wii, with all the other shallow party games that rely heavily on waggling the motion controls. As awkward to control, unintuitive to navigate and simpleminded to play as it is though, it's still not bad...just nowhere near as good as any of the other Scribblenauts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:16

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm playing Scribblenauts Letdown.

Who knew so much zing could fit into four words?

masofdas wrote:
I've got 4 games on the go as thanks to the direct and vote, been using the Switch and playing Koi, Celeste, North (review) and Splatoon 2.

Of the remaining main forumites to play it, I can see you being the one least fond of Celeste, Mas.  Fingers crossed not, natch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 23:33

I’m a medium fan of Scribblenauts: it’s a great concept that urgently needed a shake-up, was my position on it just this morning. Well, it was before Cappa’s reply - the party game genre had a modicum of potential for the series, but it hasn’t worked out. Back to the drawing board, team...

As for myself, I’m not playing much of anything on my Switch right now. Aww! All geared up for Kirby on Friday. Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 12:16

Balladeer wrote:

masofdas wrote:

Of the remaining main forumites to play it, I can see you being the one least fond of Celeste, Mas. Fingers crossed not, natch.

Well, Koi has been beaten and played some more Celeste last night and am I missing something? As Chapter 1 was just a fine platformer and likely what Zero meant about a 75% rated game during the vote. So far I'm partway through Chapter 3, the highlight has been Badeline and the potential story the game is going to offer.

I'm going to continue on as much like BotW, I'd like to say I've finished it and I may come around to it as it's not something truly bad that I won't get some enjoyment from.

It did make me think that much like STEAM and Xbox Live a refund policy on the eShop would be great because if you said after playing Chapter 1, I could get a refund, I may have done that and likely gone and downloaded Owlboy instead.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 13:27

I wasn’t that keen on Chapter 3, myself, and Chapter 4 features a mechanic that I found frustrating. It does pick up from there, in my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion... and the story is the game’s great strength. As Story Guy, I’d like to hear your thoughts eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next