We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 12:29

I got Age of Calamity for Christmas, so looking forward to playing that after I finish Cyberpunk.

Of course, all this Hades chat on the forum is making me want to get into that again!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 14:14

EofGizmo wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
Oh, every house if full of waifus, trust me.

This is quickly becoming apparent 😂

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 88f1c66010dc70619853a77e309b56e1806315ea

Out of all the games I traded in when I got rid of my Switch last xmas this is the one I regret the most as I only did the one house and then the DLC house looked neat. I don't really want to pay £40+ though again for the game but if I do ever see sub £30, I will pick up again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptySun 3 Jan 2021 - 12:07

I've realised that Just Shapes & Beats makes a good foil to the really good Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. I find Sakuna quite stressful at times, because of having to juggle rice growing and exploration and not letting the food go off. In contrast, I find JS&B quite stressful because there are loads of pink things flying at me, but I'm only having to concentrate on one thing at a time (don't get hit). It's a different kind of stress that works quite well!

And of course I have ACNH when I want to play something that isn't stressful at all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 0:34

masofdas wrote:
What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 88f1c66010dc70619853a77e309b56e1806315ea

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2021 - 10:44

Haven't use my Switch much recently beyond the SNES app, but saw Spyro on Switch instore for £22 and decided to go for it. Liked the originals, which I replayed a couple of years on my PS3, and wanted to get around to trying the remake at some point.

Just tried it on handheld mode so far and it looks surprisingly good. The frame rate isn't that smooth but it's at least consistent. From my experience new 3rd party games are a bit hit and miss for this, so it's good to see that this is one of the better ones.

Speaking of Three Houses, while it's cool getting the perspective of all the routes it's lame how similar Part 1 (which is like half of it) is for each route. Like 90% of it is the same. Not to mention the shameless recycling of scenarios in each Part 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:10

Kriken wrote:

Speaking of Three Houses, while it's cool getting the perspective of all the routes it's lame how similar Part 1 (which is like half of it) is for each route. Like 90% of it is the same. Not to mention the shameless recycling of scenarios in each Part 2.

That's what burnt me out on playing through all the routes back to back. I made it through Part 1 on my second route and I was just totally fatigued with the game by that point. For all their flaws, the different Fates games at least felt rather different from one another from a map and story perspective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 5:21

I'll go back and do other houses eventually. I didn't feel like doing them back-to-back anyway because I felt like I had a satisfying story with my own route and another one so soon would have felt weird. I can stretch it out over several years, I'm sure.

That said, my friend Naoko played like 400 hours in the first month and did every conceivable route!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 15:01

Kriken wrote:
.Just tried it on handheld mode so far and it looks surprisingly good. The frame rate isn't that smooth but it's at least consistent. From my experience new 3rd party games are a bit hit and miss for this, so it's good to see that this is one of the better ones.

From my experience on PS4 the frame rate isn't any better on there anyway so you're probably getting the best experience with the Switch being handheld.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 15:04

Mmm yeah I almost got it on PC, where you can crank it up to 60fps or beyond but not without bugs (on top of the already existing bugs).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2021 - 19:23

Having polished off Sakuna and Just Shapes & Beats, I picked up Puzzle Quest off my wishlist. This was a mistake. This is a bad game for me - and not because it's bad, but because I found myself playing it while 'working from home', and then I didn't want to stop playing it to work, and I've had the game about 24 hours and I already think I might have a problem. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 18:06

Don't start with that Balla - on quieter days at work I was levelling up my crafting jobs on FFXIV... it's a slippery slope. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 20:26

If anything that sounds like a glowing recommendation at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2021 - 0:38

It isn't feasible at my current job but back when I worked in a supermarket, I'd always have my 3DS in my pocket for sneaky toilet break Monster Hunts and whatnot. And when I worked in a hostel in Osaka, the job had to take 4 hours whether there were 12 rooms to clean or 3, so if I had to drag it out I'd play a little Pokémon in each room before moving on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2021 - 19:48

My problem is that I had the equivalent of 20 rooms to clean...

Treesmurf wrote:
If anything that sounds like a glowing recommendation at least.

I don't even think it's that... The gameplay's really compelling, but it's so driven by randomness that I'm not sure if it's actually fun. The writing, art, and music are all bad-to-mediocre. At this point I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone, and yet I couldn't... stop... playing. (On Tuesday I gave The Lady my Switch and told her I wasn't to have it back until the end of the day, so hopefully that's past tense.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40