We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)

Go down 
+5
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
The_Jaster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  Empty
PostSubject: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 19:02

I love me an arcade shooter and going by the Nintendo Life review this sounds quality. I'll be picking this up the next time I'm paid.

Any other takers?

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 19:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 19:07

That's a revolting title, Jas. Revolting. Naughty

...no feelings on the game itself, I'm not one for shmups really, but somebody had to come in and look at you like this: Suspect Glad the Switch has another good game though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 19:11

:Very Happy What? I've added a video to the original post as well rather than a picture.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 20:11

I'll see how I'm feeling on this one: I'm not usually a fan of pure score chasing shmups, unless they're called 'Geometry Wars Galaxies' and are on the Wii (immense game; underrated, in my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion). The set up does sound intriguing, though, so if there's a quiet period for games...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 20:18

Good job on making a thread for this Jaster - I downloaded Graceful Explosion Machine earlier and I think it's class. Early into it, but so far it's reminding me a lot of the old Fantasy Zone games that SEGA made thirty years ago, but with your score awarded to you based on the stylishness in which you shoot everything, like in Bayonetta. Quite a smart little game.

Off-topic, but with this, Snake Pass, Snipperclips, the Neo Geo stuff and the Shovel Knight and Fast Neo Racing updates (among others), am I being daft in suggesting that - Virtual Console aside - the Switch eShop is perhaps better already than the Wii U eShop was in four-and-a-half years?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 20:39

Give it a year and I think you'll be dead right, Cappa. The eShop is the most exciting thing about the Switch for me at the moment. Love Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 22:28

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Good job on making a thread for this Jaster - I downloaded Graceful Explosion Machine earlier and I think it's class. Early into it, but so far it's reminding me a lot of the old Fantasy Zone games that SEGA made thirty years ago, but with your score awarded to you based on the stylishness in which you shoot everything, like in Bayonetta. Quite a smart little game.

That's good to hear that you're enjoying it & being compared to Fantasy zone & Bayonetta isn't bad either.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Off-topic, but with this, Snake Pass, Snipperclips, the Neo Geo stuff and the Shovel Knight and Fast Neo Racing updates (among others), am I being daft in suggesting that - Virtual Console aside - the Switch eShop is perhaps better already than the Wii U eShop was in four-and-a-half years?

It certainly is off to a superb start, I still want to pick up Fast RMX & a few of the Neo Geo games since they'll be perfect for playing when you are out and about.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyFri 7 Apr 2017 - 10:40

The game has a style but not for me.

I've said before the Switch to me is the VITA 2 which isn't a bad thing as it has quality indies coming and seems to be a focus of Nintendo's, loads of cool Japanese and more importantly 1st party games, is top notch.

I should go play some of the games I bought like I Am Setsuna but when I've got the Game of the Year / best JRPG to play then other things take a back-seat.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 19:35

I do like the look of this bad boy but I don't think I'll be picking it up until I'm using my Switch on commutes and such (ain't taking it no where until I get a damn case for it). It has the look of the sort of game that suits drop-in/drop-out gaming.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 23:26

I bought this today and I've had a quick blast of the 2 tutorial levels, the controls are so slick & I can tell I'm going to really enjoy it when I get stuck right into it. Probably won't happen but it'd be nice to see more GNamer folk with it so we can challenge each others scores.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 20:04

There'll be a day where everybody goes for this, but that'll be when it's part of a sale. Personally, I think it's worth a tenner (and when I review it in the reviews thread it'll definitely get an 8/10 from me), but I can see how folk aren't that interested. Whether you're into this sort of game or not, it's not absolutely necessary to own right now or anything like that. Glad your enjoying it too though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:06

Aye that's fair, I just find these types of games are at their best when you're topping scores of people you actually know.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyMon 24 Apr 2017 - 12:39

I picked this up for my travel to Dublin yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely does have a good feel and the scoring/grading system seems straightforward enough that I could bring myself to care. Definitely not my usual thing, but a lot of fun regardless.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 8:55

Picked this up after the FAST RMX madness last night. Really enjoying it so far! like 90% of the games ive ever worked on are Shm'ups so i dont tend to play many outside of research but the style of this one makes it special!

And i cant remember who said it early but YES it totally reminds me of Fantasy Zone too!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 9:33

Only just unlocked the second world in this as I've just been having too much fun beating my initial scores, played 1-3 the most which I have an S rank on & the last time I looked at the online leaderboard I was 317th.

Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 10:11

The_Jaster wrote:
Only just unlocked the second world in this as I've just been having too much fun beating my initial scores, played 1-3 the most which I have an S rank on & the last time I looked at the online leaderboard I was 317th.

Yeah i just saw all your scores! Any tips for S rank?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 10:26

Don't get hit.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 10:28

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Don't get hit.

GENIUS!

*writes that down*

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 10:47

Laughing He's not wrong as that does reset your multiplier but generally you just need to be really aggressive in this game so you want as little downtime between enemies as possible. Using just the standard beam & round slash in 1-3 is the way to go along with using your dashes at the right times & if you die make sure to restart the entire level rather than the phase as your score for the previous phase is reset.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 10:58

This is on my list of "see how much money I have left on my Switch after Mario Kart" games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  EmptyTue 25 Apr 2017 - 12:49

Good man! I see this being my go to game for playing on the train down to Newcastle next month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)    Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Graceful Explosion Machine (Let us explode our machines gracefully together)
Page 1 of 1