We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?

Go down 
+21
Axis1500
Buskalilly
masofdas
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Rum
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
spacemanDOUG
Athrun888
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
ShadoWolf
ShaftVonShafterton
Admin
Silver light
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My tastes   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 19:08

Jupiter One (first album and second album titled 'Sunshower')
The Chevin - Borderlands
The Heavy - The house that dirt built

Although I despise EA for many things one thing they have always done well is promoting lesser known music, all of these bands I came across on Fifa or NHL. For anyone that's interested:

enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 19:26

Another Symphonia remix, this time of "Fighting of the Spirit". Called "The Unholy Wars". Complete with a kinda misleading piano intro xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 22:14

Vidofnir wrote:

Although I despise EA for many things one thing they have always done well is promoting lesser known music, all of these bands I came across on Fifa or NHL.

Though I don't despise EA, I definitely agree with everything else in that sentence. FIFA has got me into loads of bands.

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 22:40

Rearrange of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment's "Maya's Theme". It's too good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 11:31

One of my favourite songs of the last few years. By Brian Fallon, singer of The Gaslight Anthem.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 17:51

"Sealed Time" - Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Falcom really make the best game musics, hands down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013 - 12:54

Had this in my head good and proper for a week now.

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013 - 11:11

Today, this. "Nelde, Ancient Ruins Deep in the Forest" - Riviera: The Promised Land, not exactly the best area VGM ever, but such a personal favourite of mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013 - 11:46

Balladeer's got a VGM thread elsewhere on the forum. Perhaps that sort of thing would go in there? I had intended for this to be a thread for people to discuss actual music from actual bands (that, to be fair, nobody is really doing).
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013 - 11:56

Phillips wrote:
Balladeer's got a VGM thread elsewhere on the forum. Perhaps that sort of thing would go in there? I had intended for this to be a thread for people to discuss actual music from actual bands (that, to be fair, nobody is really doing).

Pretty sure that was just for Nintendo music, iirc? Either way, VGM is still music xD

Thread is lacking a bit in the overall discussion though, yeah. Bit of a pc+ thread right now.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013 - 16:26

Bios, from an anime series called Guilty crown.

Lovely song if I do say so myself. It's one of several vocal songs from the show, and one of two that are upbeat with the other being Hill of Sorrow.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013 - 19:08

I would love to contribute to this thread more but with my laptop buggered that's pretty much impossible (mostly visit on wii U or iTouch) as you can't see embedded vids on wii U.
As much as I enjoy Videogame music I can't say I'll sit & listen to an OST of it on its own.

So I'm with Phillips some proper bands would be nice to see. (Too much anime nonsense for me)

P.S I wouldn't of pegged you as a irsh folk music lover, Phillips.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013 - 19:30

Have to agree with Jaster and Phillips with this one, iv'e kind of just passively enjoyed listening to the music you posted Phillips, I don't really have a great depth of knowledge on music to discuss things however I will contribute with some more relaxed tunes!

and also a personal favourite

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 18:53

The_Jaster wrote:
I would love to contribute to this thread more but with my laptop buggered that's pretty much impossible (mostly visit on wii U or iTouch) as you can't see embedded vids on wii U.
As much as I enjoy Videogame music I can't say I'll sit & listen to an OST of it on its own.

So I'm with Phillips some proper bands would be nice to see. (Too much anime nonsense for me)

But is this topic not about what you are currently actually listening to, and offering people the chance to experience music they might not otherwise check out either due to lack of interest in the source or just general lack of knowledge of its existence? That is what I listen to mostly, "anime nonsense". It may not be conventional, but that doesn't make it any less valid a thing to listen to.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Feb 2013 - 16:27

Athrun888 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

But is this topic not about what you are currently actually listening to, and offering people the chance to experience music they might not otherwise check out either due to lack of interest in the source or just general lack of knowledge of its existence? That is what I listen to mostly, "anime nonsense". It may not be conventional, but that doesn't make it any less valid a thing to listen to.

Tecnically yeah, but if I'm not interested in anime (apart from Ghibli, are they even classed as anime?) then I won't be listening to it because of that, why waste my time when I know I won't like it? Also as Phillips said he created this thread to discuss bands not music created for games or animated tv shows, which could easily have their own separate threads. (EDIT: which I now see you have over in the general gaming section)

Here's somethings I've been listening to:

Something's got to give by Beastie Boys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teQqelBTw7g

Oxford comma by Vampire Weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g
(that was directed by Richard Ayoade of Darkplace & IT crowd)
Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Feb 2013 - 19:51

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Feb 2013 - 14:10

"You Are A Pirate" - Alestorm. Must be the best version of "You Are A Pirate" in existance.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013 - 18:27

My brother got us tickets to go see Hot 8 Brass Band in a few days time. I hadn't heard of them before yesterday, but I think they're pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:55

iPod on shuffle - Tears for Fears - Mother's Talk - Songs from the Big Chair - 1985 - Possibly best album ever (co-incidence).
The video's a bit pants though
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2013 - 21:05

Check the latest page of the Chat Thread for something in a lighter vein. For now, however, have some epic:

Listen until at least 1:25 before you dismiss it for its source material.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 11:16

Amazon's free MP3 downloads has yielded some absolute belters this week. A new Frank Turner song - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C2P921E/ref=dm_assoc_trk5?pf_rd_p=395283587&pf_rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=77197031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1ERC6ACG6JYJWDJVKFAJ - has just been put up, and you can download a free smapler from Xtra Mile Recordings - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Hangs-Explicit/dp/B00BVNX3AY/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365070438&sr=301-1 - which features some of my favourite recording artists of the decade thus far.

~

I'm off to see Imagine Dragons on Saturday night. I'm annoyed that I missed them playing a tiny Glasgow pub in November (had a ticket but had a job interview the next morning...which I was shafted on), but should still be good at the sold-out ABC on a Saturday night.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 9:58

I will be honest and say I don't like the Prequel trilogy of Star Wars, but it had some mighty fine music and both this and Duel of the Fates were on the Music Anthology soundtrack. Imperial March is up next.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 18:43

Here's a mix of different songs I've been listening to.

De la Soul - Get away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbLzntpi9Y

Daft Punk - Get Lucky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I

and finally

Albert Hammond Jr - CMFSH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPy0keBMGM
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 19:24

Interesting to hear some new De La Soul. I don't think things ever improved on 3 Feet High and Rising, but they've always been alright.

The new Daft Punk song is really good. Looking forward to the album!

~

I'd been looking forward to the new Frank Turner album for a while now, and it just came out last week. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but this is the song I've listened to more than the rest:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 20:13

The_Jaster wrote:
Daft Punk - Get Lucky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I

Great song. It's not like Daft Punk's usual stuff, but it's damn good nonetheless. I'm very excited for their album. (also thanks for not posting that as an embedded link, this thread knackers my browser every time I visit it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next