We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptySat 24 Mar 2018 - 10:14

Treesmurf wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

How am I meant to review Sea of Thieves?
Too much water.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 Giphy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:44

...well Ridley is nice?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:52

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd be quite disappointed if it's a port. Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors and Treasure Tracker are fine for mid-year, to present to a new audience and to keep things ticking over, but Smash 4 is the game that everybody's played to buggery on 3DS and Wii U. It's a lot to ask of people, to ask them to forget the hours they've ploughed into those. Nah, I think it would be a massively unpopular move for it to be a port.

I can see it being a sequel in the way that Splatoon 2 is a sequel though. Apart from making it on Switch, I don't see many ways in which the developer can improve on the last Smash.

Fair enough. I didn't get my hopes up and this is what happened. It should be one of the best games ever, but it's going to be a familiar experience.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:56

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Nah, I think it would be a massively unpopular move for it to be a port.

I think this will be true. I think Sakurai saying 'I hope you didn't expect many new characters' was incredibly tone-deaf.

Focussing on the positives: looks like Ganondorf is taking baby steps away from Captain Falcon-ness. Got his big old sword out.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:00

I thought Smash 4 was the best one yet (but for the lack of BONSLY DAMN YOU! ) so adding every character ever and a bunch of stages is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:06

No Bonsly.

Shit game for cucks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 19:10

Looks good and had some things from Melee including GameCube controller.

In Japan it's Smash Special and does seem to be more along those lines.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 20:35

RIDLEY!

I thought this looked ace & it's basically a celebration of all things Smash bros. Winky Face

RIDLEY!

I can definitely see them adding a tonne more DLC fighters to this despite what Sakurai said.

RIDLEY!

The Inklings look like a very fun new fighter.

BUT RIDLEY!

THE BIG RID YIN!

RIDDERS!

RIDDY BOI!

Hey Muss, I do hope you get your BONSLY but mate there's always...

RIDLEY!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 20:40

The_Jaster wrote:
I can definitely see them adding a tonne more DLC fighters to this despite what Sakurai said.

I should say that if this happens, and they're not extortionately priced (and probably if they are), I'll do a complete u-turn on this. And your main point is bang on as well. Very Happy

Another worry, though, while I'm stacking them up (sorry chaps): nothing in the way of one-player modes. I'd think that a Switch Smash should at the very least contain Smash Run, but I'm really hoping for something a bit more story-driven...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 20:53

When it ran the cut scene that ended up being for RIDLEY! I actually thought it was going to be a Story mode.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 23:35

Balladeer wrote:

Another worry, though, while I'm stacking them up (sorry chaps): nothing in the way of one-player modes.  I'd think that a Switch Smash should at the very least contain Smash Run, but I'm really hoping for something a bit more story-driven...

This is a bit of a silly point at this stage considering we didn't know about any modes with SSB4 until we got that 100 Smash Facts Spectacular or whatever it was called. Give them time - a Smash without single player modes is a ludicrous idea.

This met my expectations and then some. I wasn't expected a revolutionary update from a gameplay perspective considering they'd near-enough nailed the formula with SSB4, but the small balance changes here or there should make it feel fresh enough.

I did not expect every bloody character to return! That was a great surprise as guys like Lucas and Cloud who I figured would be getting the cut or folks like Snake or Wolf who I'd written off ever returning are all favourites of mine to play. Couple that with BIG RIDDERS and we're cooking. Supposedly, there's 66 in total in the roster, so we've another newbie to show their face...[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 15:00

I can't believe people are still harping on about K.rool and Shoveknight around the net. We just had Ridley announced for heaven's sake!

Besides neither of them at this point really belong in Smash. K.rool is too old, and Shovelknight's had his day.

Personally I like that Sakurai told us not to expect too many newcomers, I think it's clear the direction for Ultimate is basically a complete celebration of the franchise with the return of everyone, plus a few truly remarkable newcomers. The fact the only newcomers announced so far are Nintendo's biggest newest IP mascot and probably the most requested character in the franchises history suggests that newcomers have to be truly special this time round.

With the tone of the direct I wouldn't be surprised if this one is also truly Sakurai's last game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few golden old modes return in some fashion too. It'd be a nice time to put a new Adventure Mode in it (aka the only non-classic/all-star mode that ever really shone, playing up the idea of adventuring through Nintendoland while keeping it sharp and sweet). And bring back the old method of scoring that was in 64 and Melee! Score attacking was so fun in those games!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 18:19

Athrun888 wrote:

With the tone of the direct I wouldn't be surprised if this one is also truly Sakurai's last game.  

I could see this being the case, yeah. A big ol' compilation of all of his hard work wrapped up in a game that feels like a happy medium between the two best Smash games to date in SSBM and SSB4.

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this. I really hope we get a demo soon so I can start playing!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:04

I'll give them their due, Nintendo seemed to have brought something that'll appeal to every Smash fan except me. I guess it's a bit weird to have a fan of a series that's almost entirely focussed on Nintendo nostalgia, who doesn't care for nostalgia within that series.

JayMoyles wrote:
This is a bit of a silly point at this stage considering we didn't know about any modes with SSB4 until we got that 100 Smash Facts Spectacular or whatever it was called. Give them time - a Smash without single player modes is a ludicrous idea.

Ah, I didn't mean that - I definitely expect there to be some single-player modes. It's just that I'd really like a Smash mode. I feel they could have talked a bit about it, instead of focussing on the minutiae in such detail. But presumably there'll be a Smash direct closer to the time - hopefully with multiple all-new characters announced too.

JayMoyles wrote:
Supposedly, there's 66 in total in the roster, so we've another newbie to show their face...

I think I've cracked this: they included Pokémon Trainer as 1 and the epsilon characters as separate. 66 - 2 + 3 = 65. I hope there are multiple newbies still to show their face...

Balladeer wrote:
As for Smash 5, the Inklings are surely a dead cert?  One thing I'd like to see is either a revamped Link, or an all-new variant of Link.  BotW changed his capabilities so dramatically, and I'd like to see that reflected.  As a bare minimum, bombs -> remote bombs, boomerang becoming the Lizal variant, and a cooking taunt.  Also Ridley, natch.

Also: nailed it. You'd think I'd be happy, eh? 🤷
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:11

Balladeer wrote:

Ah, I didn't mean that - I definitely expect there to be some single-player modes.  It's just that I'd really like a Smash mode.

Like a Subspace mode? I'd be surprised if we saw something to that degree, but I'd be game for something closer to Melee's Adventure mode.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:17

Why can I not word this evening? Duh! I meant a story mode!  If they claim they're bringing the best bits back from every Smash game and there's no SSE-like, I call shenanigans.  Adventure had about five platformy stages, and in the end was just Classic+.  

Failing that, we'd better have event matches!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:21

I'd eat my non-existent hat if we ended up with no event matches.

As for Adventure Mode, I wasn't suggesting something exactly like Adventure Mode but closer to it - taking the SSE mechanics in regards to battling enemies and traversing levels, and then plonking them into some shorter, snappier stages. They've got all the critters in Smash Run as a precedent for that. I think the SSE was a big drain on resources for development in SSBB and I can't see them putting as much time into a massive story mode like that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:22

I mean, I don't disagree. Sulk
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:34

I know this conversation was boring folk in another thread but this confirms what I already believed.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/nintendo_confirms_super_smash_bros_ultimate_is_a_brand_new_game_not_a_wii_u_port
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 18:30

I had no doubts that it was a ground-up job. It's just that, in my slim opinion, there's not enough all-new content (which for me means characters) for me to consider it a true Smash Bros. 5. Not yet, anyway - there's still time, and (as you and Muss have said) DLC potential.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 20:51

I think mas mentioned that it was more of a "best of" type of game & I'd agree with that, easiest thing I can compare it to is MH Generations seeing as that isn't a numbered entry in that series but it is still a brand new game in it's own right since it brings new mechanics with hunter arts and styles etc.

SSBU is no different for me since there looks to be a lot of tweaks to how the game works compared to the last one.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:11

Yeah, I see it as a Best of game that it is new but just not exciting.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 8:17

Ah, it is exciting. A lot of the characters have been reinvented. There's a new one that used to be a "boss character" in a previous game in the series. This ain't yer daddy's Smash Bruvvers. Of course it's difficult not to be subjective (or is it objective? Too lazy to find out) - I didn't purchase the 3DS version of Smash, so there are a lot of stages etc. that I never played; likewise, I stopped playing the WiiU version after a while as my sparring partners had more important things to do, so I didn't get all of the DLC characters. There's so much in this already. Have you mastered all of the characters from the previous games? Honestly? Could you have remembered them all without being prompted? This'll be a treat.

Plus my uncle who works at Nintendo said Monty Mole is being announced next week
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 18:55

I find mastering characters intensely dull, honestly. I just want new shiny things!

That said, if Monty Mole appears then all will be forgiven, so long as he has the correct theme song.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 19:57

Jimbob wrote:
Ah, it is exciting. A lot of the characters have been reinvented. There's a new one that used to be a "boss character" in a previous game in the series. This ain't yer daddy's Smash Bruvvers. Of course it's difficult not to be subjective (or is it objective? Too lazy to find out) - I didn't purchase the 3DS version of Smash, so there are a lot of stages etc. that I never played; likewise, I stopped playing the WiiU version after a while as my sparring partners had more important things to do, so I didn't get all of the DLC characters. There's so much in this already. Have you mastered all of the characters from the previous games? Honestly? Could you have remembered them all without being prompted? This'll be a treat.

Plus my uncle who works at Nintendo said Monty Mole is being announced next week

Yeah I didn't get all the dlc characters either so that's a few more fighters that are essentially new for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 6 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next