We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:32

Mr Saturn doesn't obliterate people like Bonsly does, so there's no way I'm getting them confused. Plus, you're speaking to one of the forum's biggest Earthbound fans, remember. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017 - 18:50

Muss wrote:
Forgot about the one thing the wii smash had over the wii u: BONSLY, BRING BACK BONSLYYYYYYY

SubSpace Emissary makes sad eyes at you from across the room.

If there's one thing SSB5 needs, it's a story mode kind of deal.  Neither Smash Run nor (boak) Smash Tour could compete.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 20:55

DoPo, likely not spoiler but could be leak, can never be too careful:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:04

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:00

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:09

As I was playing ARMS, I got to thinking about Super Smash Bros. For Switch. Do you know what, I don't think I'd buy it. I don't really play Smash online or in singleplayer, and I don't see myself reliving the glory days of couch multiplayer this time round. That's one Switch port I could actually live without.

Balladeer wrote:
DoPo, likely not spoiler but could be leak, can never be too careful:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 2:44

I'd be all over it still - 450 hours on 3DS but I'm jonesing for more. I think the novelty of having fancier graphics and a few more modes would tide me over nicely.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 7:03

I'm well up for a switch port, by the time the Wii U version came out I was pretty done with it on 3DS, so I barely played it. There's been a nice gap now, so it'll be perfect for doing arcade runs on the commute.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 8:06

I'm in the same camp as our Drunka... but I'm not the biggest fan of Smash in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:37

I think I'd have to buy SSB4+ for the local multiplayer. To get me excited they'd need at least one new character or two new modes. I hope we get an Inkling at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 22:34

BUMP

Balladeer wrote:
As for Smash 5, the Inklings are surely a dead cert?  One thing I'd like to see is either a revamped Link, or an all-new variant of Link.  BotW changed his capabilities so dramatically, and I'd like to see that reflected.  As a bare minimum, bombs -> remote bombs, boomerang becoming the Lizal variant, and a cooking taunt.  Also Ridley, natch.

Can they make it 3/3?

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 22:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 22:41

It was cool to see and gives the Switch a big game if Pokémon doesn't make 2018. I still think it will be a enhanced port with all stages, some new characters and skins for the likes of link, maybe some sort of single player mode at push as well.

That it will sort of feel like a new game but still be the 4th under the hood.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:30

The more I think about it, I don't think I'd be that bothered if it's essentially the same game under the hood as Smash 4. They nailed it in my opinion with Smash 4 - I'd love to have more of it in my hands and if that's what we get, then that'll suit me nicely.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:35

If it is to Smash 4 Deluxe - and I agree with Jay, that would be fine - you’d better be able to transfer your DLC from either of its previous iterations. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:43

I think it'll launch with everything from the old games anyway if it does end up being an enhanced port. Well, everything substantial at least - costumes and whatnot would be a trickier guess.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:00

I was a little unsure at first as well given the way the direct went with remasters but the more I see the more I'm convinced it's new. Its not like it would mean too much more effort as the core gameplay and a lot of characters won't change but why save it for the end of the show, make a new logo and say so little about it if it's not new? This will be one of the major weapons in their Nintendo online offensive hence the direct's focus on so many multiplayer games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:30

I'd be quite disappointed if it's a port. Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors and Treasure Tracker are fine for mid-year, to present to a new audience and to keep things ticking over, but Smash 4 is the game that everybody's played to buggery on 3DS and Wii U. It's a lot to ask of people, to ask them to forget the hours they've ploughed into those. Nah, I think it would be a massively unpopular move for it to be a port.

I can see it being a sequel in the way that Splatoon 2 is a sequel though. Apart from making it on Switch, I don't see many ways in which the developer can improve on the last Smash.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:33

Well they can re-add a lot to the hugely popular modes they removed like Adventure and Target Practice, in fact I think they're both musts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:29

That's what I think they'll do Smurf take SMASH4 have all the DLC, all the maps, bring in inklings and a few other characters maybe rework some characters like Link, add in Adventure and Target Practice along with looking better and you've got a fantastic package which will almost like a new game and why I think it will be called Super Smash Bros for Switch and nor Deluxe or anything like that.

With Nintendo going, this is the Switch version of the best SMASH we've ever done (it isn't) and we've got all this new content.

Do we think it will launch same time as paid online?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:00

Saw on twitter this morning that a press only link confirms that this is an all new Smash bros. Bounce

EDIT: In looking it up it seems it was faked......Hmmmmm...... Sulk

Anyhow as smurf said the way they hyped it up by having it on last would suggest to me it isn't a deluxe edition of the last game.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:06

Well that is good news, just seemed to soon and SMASH4 didn't need much improving just more content.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:08

Sorry had to make an edit to my post above.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 19:56

Scullion seems to think it's a Deluxe-ification. Really, though, is that so bad? Adding characters to Smash means a lot more than adding them to Kart, where the heavyweights are all practically palette-swaps. Bung in ten new characters, say, all the stuff from 3DS and Wii U, and a new mode or two, and that's basically the Spla2n-like sequel Cappa mentioned in any case.

That said, if it is a Deluxe then they've mucked it up. It'll be a big disappointment at this stage to several, like Cappa, and a smaller disappointment to more, like myself, that could have been avoided if they'd communicated it as SSB4.5 in the Direct. And I don't think Nintendo are quite that clueless with their PR any more, so I think it's probably SSB5.

Still, no harm keeping our hopes in check until E3, eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:12

Balladeer wrote:
Scullion seems to think it's a Deluxe-ification. Really, though, is that so bad?

For me it is because of two reasons: They have hyped it up like it's a new game & Smash bros wii U is 4 years old now which gives them more than a decent time frame to have been working on a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:32

I'd give 'em another year personally... but I guess they'll have had that by the time it comes out. And your first point is basically my second paragraph, so fine, I agree. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 2 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next