We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)

Go down 
+3
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) Empty
PostSubject: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 4:38

RPG Maker Fes is out on 27th June! Make an RPG and share it with your friends... or enemies, I suppose. Just think: we could make a GNamer RPG! Love

Anyone up for this? I might take a punt. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:02

I am somewhat intrigued, but not another to buy another 3DS game. It depends what sort of community it builds and what the shareability is of created games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:36

Not one for me. Mucked around with an old rpg maker on pc once, couldn't really get my head around it. I can certainly see the appeal of it for making a little project but the problem I encountered was that ultimately you had to make a somewhat balanced or somewhat interesting game which I'm not sure I'm capable of. Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 23:26

To be fair, I don't have a good track record with create-a-game games: I was shocking with WarioWare DIY and although I loved Super Mario Maker, I am still some way from unlocking all its content. Meh Still going to keep an eye on it, though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 8:30

Yeah I know what y'alls mean. A "make your own game bits" always sounds good, but I end up becoming a rabid auteur. I only made about 10 Mario Maker levels, despite wanting to do this every day since 1992. If I get this, I'll essentially try and be the entire development staff of Squeenix. Even worse than just being one person, I also have an issue where the entire creative part of my brain disconnects with the part that is looking at the application, and no ideas flow.
Interesting to be able to play creations for free though. I look forward to Minecraft Adventure, Steve's Minecraft Adventure, Steve's Adventure, and Lesbian Zombie Warriors 1 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:11

I too will 'Fes up to not being interested in creating an RPG.  I like to think I'm a pretty creative bloke; however that creativity feeds into music and writing, not gaming.  I think I got the first set of SMM upgrades and that were it.  

I'll happily play the most highly acclaimed ones, though.  Perhaps someone will make the Phoenix Wright RPG I've always dreamed of.  (Called 'Lovely Lawyer: Felix Left' to avoid the wrath of Capcom's actual non-ace attorneys.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 21:26

One of my favourite games - To The Moon - was made in RPG Maker and was distinctly not an RPG, so I'll be interested to see the scope of this engine on 3DS and if it can churn out some variety. I won't be taking a pop at it myself though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 10:56

I've got an idea of something I want to make (a quest to master maths, for I am one hundred per cent nerd), so I'll give the game a whirl. It's the sort of quirkyweird thing that I like to see, too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:23

It might be worth a look if we get some real creative sorts making interesting content, but my concern is that the engine will be too limited to allow for anything too wild. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 14:59

They could have done a smart bit of business by having that free version that lets you play the games, no intention to buy it right now but I'll happily try Master Maths Quest. If it then turns out playing a few of them gives people the itch to create their own then they'll get a few sales from that, nobody will be buying it just to play other people's efforts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 8:59

Master Maths Quest will be a billion times more educational than Granny's Garden, that's for sure! I'd say go for it. (No pressure Zero Laughing )
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)   RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool) Empty

Back to top Go down

RPG Maker Fes (Fesses Are Cool)
Page 1 of 1