We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Rum
JayMoyles
shanks
Balladeer
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) Empty
PostSubject: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 12:07

Never thought we'd see this one leave Japan but here we are! The RPG that sounds like an extended version of StreetPass Quest is getting localised and will appear on everyone's favourite handheld (because the Switch is a hybrid, and we've all forgotten the DS (or maybe Game Boy?) (wish I hadn't said that now)) before the end of too long. One to keep an eye on, for me. For you?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 17:58

I'm intrigued but I'll need to hear a lot more before I decide to throw down any sheets. If it interacts with Tomodachi life a lot it could be fun, as I have got a lot of nonsense going on on my island.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:42

I'd never heard of this but I really liked the look of it. Unfortunately, like Tomodatchi life it's probably going to be too expensive for me to justify buying anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 20:07

I hope you don't need Tomodachi to get a lot out of this game. I didn't buy Tomodachi because it didn't seem to be what berks would call 'an actual game', but this looks a whole heap of quirky fun. Any RPG where you can have a party of people dressed as cats is good news.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 5:35

I played the Japanese demo of it and to be honest it was kinda meh
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 21:29

I'm rather tempted by this simply because of its ties to Tomodachi Life. I really want to hang out again with my cast of anime and videogame characters with guest appearances from Hermione Granger, Gabe Newell and Stephen Fry. I'll hang off till some reviews though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 18:08

Saw this on the shelves in Japan but totally failed to understand the box. Thumbs Up! Anyway, we now have a release date: 28th July, like pretty much everything else this year. Meh If it's like Tomodachi Life, my interest is increased: Jo had a lot of fun with that game for a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 19:59

I'll grab it so long as it doesn't require TomoLife.

So, in short, I have nothing to add to my last post. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 22:43

My guess is that it'll be enhanced if you have Tomodachi Life by bringing things like relationships and whatnot over, but I'd be surprised if it was a requirement. That's gating off a game to a pretty niche group of folks!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 22:16

I'm fairly confident in saying I won't be buying this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 22:19

Oh? What's amiss about it?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 22:22

Looks pretty dull, and certainly not interesting enough I'd switch the 3DS on for it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 15 Jun 2017 - 8:05

Acht, that's sad. It looked daft and fun. I'm guessing it didn't show well last night then.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyTue 20 Jun 2017 - 2:08

Quote from me.. "It was kinda meh"
And I still maintain that
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyFri 23 Jun 2017 - 21:18

This is the third time I've tried to make this reply, so you're now getting the abridged version: got the demo, got bored, not interested any more, happy to have struck something from my 3DS Most Wanted List. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 15:59

I'm going to give the demo a bash - a YouTube I follow put out a video on the demo and it looks like it's been cut from the same vein of silliness that made me fall in love with Tomodachi Life.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 18:26

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm going to give the demo a bash - a YouTube I follow put out a video on the demo and it looks like it's been cut from the same vein of silliness that made me fall in love with Tomodachi Life.

This is true - there are LOL's, both mega and regular, to be had. But the combat and gameplay in general was too slight to keep my interest. May you have better times with it, Sir Moyles. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyMon 26 Jun 2017 - 19:12

I really enjoyed the demo, actually - particularly how the affinities you build between the characters noticeably affect your chances in battle, and of course the timeless ridiculousness of the Mii characters that show up (the first character I rescued was "little boy Satan" and the mayor of the town turned out to be Undertale's Sans).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 19:54

Yep, I enjoyed the demo of this too. Refreshingly silly and with more depth to it than I was expecting. It's simple enough that I can see myself plugging away it off and on.

Oh, and Rick from Rick and Morty was the town mayor - excellent. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 27 Jul 2017 - 22:09

Don't know if anyone saw, but there was a second demo that allowed you to select Miis to star in ads for the game. Novel, I grant you, but not enough to change my mind about the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 27 Jul 2017 - 22:10

Nintendo Life gave it a fairly glowing review. Enough to almost get me interested in it. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 20:44

I've bought it! Your demo progress carries over which made it an easier sell. Plus, I really enjoyed the goofiness of having Walter White in the chef class in the game and imagining him saying "Jay... we gotta cook" every day on our journey. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:30

That's what your man Scullion said about the game: if you set up your squad properly, it will be filled with LOL's, mega or otherwise.

Sudden thought! A GNamer Forum run. Cool
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:11

Just tried the demo last night and it seems decent enough so I think I'll give it a play, interestingly this has been selling quite well too when I thought Brain Training would be the big seller of the 3. The Tomodachi Life charm is there as expected too, this is basically the kind of game Miiverse was for. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 23:37

Well, considering as Miiverse still lives... some screenshots from my game!

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) WVW69kkbtzMEmWFudS

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) WVW69kkbtRYFFYVzdZ

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) WVW69kkbs4gcrDtixO

Reggie Golem had me properly laughing away. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) Empty

Back to top Go down

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next