Where We're Squashed Under The Weight Of eShop Releases

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:04

masofdas wrote:
this from Mario.

Balladeer wrote:
WING CAP

I love the Starman theme - it was the inspiration for this week after all, and is easily the most recognisable invincibility jingle. Here's every Starman theme from Mario Kart with each theme being added in slowly but surely until every Mario Kart Starman theme is playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 22:37

Great idea! Yeah - I know it's an easy thing to write, but I love all of those so far! The Henry Hatsworth one is the only one I think I hadn't heard before, but I approve. I bet Mozart would as well. *muffled spinning sound in background*. But Jay's first Kirby one is my favourite; it's the "go go go!" song I think of now, even eclipsing Mario.

Banjo-Kazooie - Wonderwing
Actually, listening to the music there, I think that music's longer than you can ever hear it in the game.

Yoshi's Story - First Theme in Super Happy Mode
Every level theme in the game had a Like-White-Stripes-But-Pre-dating-Them-Guitar-And-Drums arrangement that took over when you were "super happy".

Hmmm - that's all I got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 5:44

Call me a class traitor, but I don't find the classic Starman theme so great - solely, I expect, through overexposure.

Yoshi's rock remixes, though? Class. Silly, stupid, adorable class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 9:27

You're a class traitor. Arf arf. The Starman theme is the King of these.

Here's one of my absolute favourites. It's not invincibility, as such, so thread adjudicator Jayseph "Edgey" Moyles may want to weigh in and strike it from the record - get it? Record? Music? - but I used to love it as a young'un. It's the theme that plays when Link picks up a Guardian Acorn or Power Piece in Link's Awakening. OK, it repeats every six and a half seconds... but it has all the hallmarks of what I think makes a good invincibility theme: it charges you up with urgency to wreak havoc on your enemies.

OK, well, "all the hallmark of what I think makes a good invincibility theme", then. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 12:49

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk Online
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 23:57

Jimbob wrote:

Banjo-Kazooie - Wonderwing

Grant Kirkhope, what a hero. Great little ditty.

ZeroJones wrote:

Here's the theme that plays when Link picks up a Guardian Acorn or Power Piece in Link's Awakening. OK, it repeats every six and a half seconds... but it has all the hallmarks of what I think makes a good invincibility theme: it charges you up with urgency to wreak havoc on your enemies.

OK, well, "all the hallmark of what I think makes a good invincibility theme", then. Nah nah!

Nope, solid pick there! I'd forgotten about that one too.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Blueberry Cheesecake Brownie

Great choice - I love the main theme for NMH so all over hearing that remixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 9:37

Think Blueberry Cheese Brownie might be the best thus far in the thread.

ZeroJones wrote:
You're a class traitor. Arf arf. The Starman theme is the King of these.

Here's one of my absolute favourites. It's not invincibility, as such, so thread adjudicator Jayseph "Edgey" Moyles may want to weigh in and strike it from the record...

I appear to be even more of a class traitor than I thought, having published three non-invincibility themes. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 9:56

The title is Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes, though, and the power-up themes you added were pretty ultimate. Any time Mario can fly is usually down to the ultimate power-up in the game. I reckon it'll count if it's time-limited, too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)   

Back to top Go down

Music to my Ears (Invincibility/Ultimate Power-Up Themes!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10