We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 10:50

As you know I'm not a big MonHan fan even though I've played a bunch of them but the big selling point to me has been the online multiplayer which I don't want to do on a 3DS.

Now it is coming to a system where I can play it a TV and hopefully it enjoy it, when it comes out in Japan this August.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On Original

The trailer is all about the hype and the focus on Switch as a handheld makes sense with XX along with transferring and playing with your 3DS buds.

Now to wait for a western release, I'm thinking dual release which be cool.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:01

HYPED AS FUCK ABOUT THIS! *ahem*

I even stayed up for the Japanese live event & kept an eye on Gaijin Hunters tweets to get all the info, love that you can transfer your saves back and forth from 3ds, love that you can play MP with both Switch & 3ds players, love that I'll be able to play MH with a proper analog stick again, love that hunter arts are now activated with a d-pad press, love that that it looks so damn nice.

Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance

mas wrote:
Now to wait for a western release, I'm thinking dual release which be cool.

I'd love that to happen but knowing Capcom & the way stuff goes for MH it probably won't be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:40

You think 3DS first then? Be lame if it is that.

I'm sort of tempted to import it, as £38 isn't that much and be cool to even talk about even if for a few months before a western version arrives.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:51

masofdas wrote:
You think 3DS first then? Be lame if it is that.

Oh you meant dual release for 3ds & Switch? Yeah that's likely to happen as it did with 3 Ultimate. (I thought you meant that we might get it on the 25th August as well)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 20:47

I'm dead impressed by how good it looks. Obviously, it's not mindblowing or anything but I love how crisp all the textures look and having actual lighting effects in Monster Hunter is surreal. Laughing

I'm so happy this is coming to Switch - give me it soon Capcom!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 19:23

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm so happy this is coming to Switch...

...in the East. Razz

Nah I'm sure it'll make its way over here, and I'll have another thing to smile and nod dumbly at. This would definitely be the point to get into MonHun if it were going to happen, but I sincerely doubt that it will. (shrugs)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:24

Hence why I said "give me it soon Capcom". Razz

I'd be stunned if this didn't make its way to the West. I can understand holding off on releasing the 3DS version here if this was already planned and in the works, but they'd be bonkers to not bring it out with the hype and demand for a console Monster Hunter game at an all-time high. Then again... it's Capcom. No
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:42

Balladeer wrote:
This would definitely be the point to get into Monster Hunter if it were going to happen, but I sincerely doubt that it will.  (shrugs)

I distinctly remember Matthew's review of Monster Hunter Tri, the Wii one, saying something along those lines: "if the West are ever to 'get' Monster Hunter, it has to be now". I bought it on the strength of that.

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd be stunned if this didn't make its way to the West. I can understand holding off on releasing the 3DS version here if this was already planned and in the works, but they'd be bonkers to not bring it out with the hype and demand for a console Monster Hunter game at an all-time high. Then again... it's Capcom. No

It'll at least be a digital download, I reckon. The Monster Hunter has quite a following here and on all the StreetPass Facebook groups I'm part of, so there's definitely money to be made. 'Daft not to' springs to mind. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:43

I want the limited edition dock they're doing for it, though. Pleeeeeaaaaase Capcom!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 21:47

Quote :
It'll at least be a digital download, I reckon.

Even if it does get a physical release I'll be going for the digital version, purely because other game cards wouldn't get a look in if I didn't.

EDIT:
Quote :
I want the limited edition dock they're doing for it, though. Pleeeeeaaaaase Capcom!

Fun fact: It isn't just the dock that has the design on it, the back of the Switch has it too but they haven't released pics yet because the design isn't finalised. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 22:04

Ah, I'm kinda hoping they release the dock standalone. But they won't. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 22:18

I'm hoping for a MH double cross pro controller myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 8:39

@Balla and @Zero I've said similar if I'm ever going to get into Monster Hunter it be this game.

Capcom be mad if this doesn't come to the west and isn't a physical release, hopefully we hear something at E3.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 9:42

Japanese TV spot:

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now the monsters still look great on the 3ds games but it's great to see them in this level of detail once again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 9:45

What on earth is that in the second screenshot?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 10:01

Crumpy Andy wrote:
What on earth is that in the second screenshot?

The double cross flagship, Barufaruku. (Some folk have already translated it to Valfalk as it's a combination of the words valor & falcon.)

EDIT:

Here's a better look at him

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On Monster-Hunter-XX-Double-Cross-560x312
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 12:01

Damn that is one cool looking bastard.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 12:19

Yep! They really are starting to nail it with the Elder dragon designs now & pulling away from the usually boring giant ones like Dire Miralis & Dalamadur.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 21:12

That Tigrex model looks ace. Argh, give me it now!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:01

Very, very excited for this. The stench of decay as I pull out a dead console every month to play Monster Hunter with you boys was getting a bit much.
Some thoughts, in no particular order:
  • While this looks good, I don't think it looks as good as 3 Ultimate on Wii U. THis feels more like the 3DS game upscaled. When Monster Hunter 5 comes to Switch, it'll be even more impressive.
  • I'm confident this will come to the West . . . I don't think it'll bring the 3DS version with it. GH pointed out that 3DS online is free whereas Switch is paid, and Westerners will probably be more inclined to kickoff about that.
  • If by the time this launches in Japan we haven't heard about an English language release, I'mma just get it in Japanese. I'll be moving onto learning more written Japanese anyway, so I was looking to play through something. Why not kill two Malfestios with one hammer?
  • The game's title is actually said "double cross" rather than "ex ex", which is a shame as I quite like the gag in the thread title otherwise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 2:09

drunkalilly wrote:

While this looks good, I don't think it looks as good as 3 Ultimate on Wii U. THis feels more like the 3DS game upscaled. When Monster Hunter 5 comes to Switch, it'll be even more impressive.

They basically did just upscale 3 Ultimate though (both 3ds and wii U versions were released a year apart in Japan) but agreed on MH5 & this might actually be the one time Capcom are forced into finally get rid of that old engine they've been using since the ps2 days.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 2:42

Drunkalilly wrote:

[*]While this looks good, I don't think it looks as good as 3 Ultimate on Wii U. THis feels more like the 3DS game upscaled. When Monster Hunter 5 comes to Switch, it'll be even more impressive.

Gaijinhunter was saying that when he viewed the screenshots through the Switch eShop on the console itself, it looked really nice on the tablet screen. I'm just happy to have it moved away from 240p graininess!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 9:24

Well if rumours are true, I've got some bad news (if you've not got a PS4 and like MonHan) as it is going around that Sony have paid Capcom to have Monster Hunter 5 as a exclusive to help shift PS4's in Japan, yet it will focus more on the western audience, which does tie into what Capcom said in a financial report about expanding the game in the western market.

On MHXX, what I've seen Capcom have done a bang up job with how this looks on Switch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 10:08

Those MH5 on ps4 rumours have been flying about since before MHX was out (2015) & new ones pop up when the G rank games (like double cross) come out so I wouldn't put much stock in them. I did mention on twitter about a month ago that if they did want to expand the series over here then multi format would be the way to go but there's a lot of factors that would likely stop that from happening.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 10:17

I'm not really into the MonHan scene like you Jas, to know this but this info came from someone who leaked MHXX on Switch or something.

I guess we wait and see but would make sense for Sony to get it and even Capcom with 60+ Million PS4s in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next