We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 18:56

Enjoy it, Mr. mas! Cool Let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 21:00

Wahey! Looking forward to your first impressions, Mas.

On another note, I'm barrelling through 3 star Village quests now, slowly but surely. I'm approaching the 40 hour mark of playtime!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 9:32

Played for 1hour or so last night with Drunka's help which was going to be part of the first Episode of Double Chris but my capture went weird before I got to the first big monster and I had a few technical issues after with all the capturing.

Hopefully play so more over the weekend and I think but I'm not sure but episodes of Double Chris me fighting big monsters for recording etc will work the best

Within the first hour it was mainly fetch quests and getting my two cats along with equipping them with some stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 9:57

How much of the online has everyone played? I soloed HR1 but that's it so far, I've mostly been trying to get through the single player. I'll probably start playing online once I've got a couple more good armour sets so feel free to join me if you see me online
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 0:26

Us four Monster Mash lads have made it to HR3 with pretty much every quest finished in HR1 and HR2. I'll join you if I see you playing though, for sure! Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 May 2018 - 16:10

Finally, Capcom have seen the money on the table
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 May 2018 - 20:03

Fairly minor news story, that. I imagine nobody around these parts is particularly interested.

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 11 May 2018 - 5:02

We've already discussed this at length elsewhere Laughing

My feelings are mixed at the moment because I've already put 150 hours into this game in Japanese (not to mention a similar amount of time on Generations on 3DS) and we don't know how this is going to work out yet. Maybe the Switch will recognise that it's the same game and let my English account continue the save file but now in English; that'd be ace. If not, I don't know whether I want to buy it again and move my 3DS save file over.

Until I know the details, and what I'm gonna be willing to do and what the lads are doing and whether I'll be able to play with anyone else, I don't know whether I'm excited or not. It's also putting me off firing up my Japanese game and ticking off quests/ making armours, which I had been starting to do.

Good news overall though, and a good sign that the success of World is going to make Capcom more interested in pushing other MH games. Fingers crossed for Stories Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 11 May 2018 - 9:58

I am of course excited despite all the hours that I've put into Generations/XX & World on ps4, this game has a bunch of monsters I can't hunt in the latter game yet so it'll be great just for that & I'm looking forward to finally giving the deviant monster types a proper go.

That said I do understand if drunka and the other mash lads are less excited as not only is the timing of it all really poor they shouldn't have kept quiet about this for as long as they did.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 11 May 2018 - 10:05

If nothing else, this should make it more palatable to one day do our Deviant Episodes Grin

Also, we might have to do an update episode on Valphalk (I'm not calling Vaginatox or whatever the new name is) and Ahtal Ka.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 11 May 2018 - 17:25

Won't be hopping onto any Switch MH games until I live somewhere that has decent wifi. Probably wouldn't pick up any new MH game unless I knew a fair few forumites were interested in picking it up too; there's fun to be had in single player for sure and I enjoy the challenge of facing up to the big nasties alone, but I can't go without the option of playing in a squad now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptySun 13 May 2018 - 22:50

I really wish we'd known this was in development as I reckon I'd have held off on buying XX if that was the case. I didn't enjoy not getting into the armour management as much as I have done with other Monster Hunter games as tackling decorations and charms was frustratingly tough with the language barrier. I'm tempted to go for it to tackle G-Rank without the language barrier, but it would mean me playing essentially the same game three times in not a terrifically short timeframe.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 May 2018 - 5:29

And I'm the mad one for double dipping.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 May 2018 - 12:23

masofdas wrote:

Not like we didn't give you plenty of warning beforehand. Laughing

---

I returned to my Gen save after this was announced & I'm pretty certain that some weapons will be a no go for me just because of how good they are in MH World, the lance being the the one at the top as it just felt so sluggish in comparison. To get around that I'll be using light bowgun in Generations Ultimate since it's a weapon I never used in the 4th gen games & I hear it pairs nicely with the Alchemy style.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 May 2018 - 20:49

masofdas wrote:

The difference is that I'd be dipping again on a game I know I like. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyWed 16 May 2018 - 8:06

Nnnnnnnope, still mad. Razz A bit less so in this case given that it's a multiplayer game and your friends are double-dipping with you. You're all mad, so none of you are! Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:17

I'd be even more interested if we get a physical edition of this - I don't own a physical copy of any Monster Hunter game, and I quite fancy having one on my shelves. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 19:06

I think we will be getting a physical version, I may go that route as well as I only own physical copies of Tri, 3U & Generations.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:06

And indeed I did pick up a physical edition!

I can't believe I'm playing this essentially for the third time, but it's been a blast nonetheless. I've been playing it with my younger brother and it's been fun seeing his reactions to the monsters for the first time. I can only imagine that's how the Mash lads felt when they were playing through MHG with me back on 3DS.

Also, I've given the thread a name change to commemorate the release of MHGU. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Aug 2018 - 0:13

I've enjoyed returning to this as well even though it was like 6+ months ago that I last played double cross, especially enjoying figuring out the ins and outs of light bowgun.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 31 Aug 2018 - 15:38

Aye, picking a brand new weapon and style has made this feel really fresh as well. Which of the Mash lads was it that used Adept Longsword back on MHGen?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyFri 31 Aug 2018 - 16:32

I think it was Buska, as if I remember correctly Andy didn't like how you need to use the dodges to build the spirit gauge to it's max. Is that's the weapon you've went for then?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:08

For single player at least, yep. For multiplayer I've been rocking Striker SnS - loving the KO potential with this weapon and I'm looking forward to unlocking more oils.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 18:32

Now you'll probably see why I'm not too keen on MH World SnS. Razz

Oh I've also got a nice wee high rank mixed SnS set you might want to make that takes advantage of paras and KO's

Weapon: DeathPrize

Bone Helm S
Chaos Archplate
Bone Vambraces S
Bone Faulds S
Vespoid Greaves S

Decorations: 6 disabler jewel 1, 3 blunt jewel 1 & 2 KO jewel 1.
Then if you have it a charm to bump up the Status
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 23:19

Nice - I'll work on that one for moving up the HRs then!

I've got to say that as much as I like having a vast sprawling map in MHW, the trade-off for loading times is a bit much. I'm really digging returning to a more engaging hunting session with fewer occasions where I'm waiting about. The connecting areas in MHW are often a bit sparse anyways, so I don't feel like I'm missing too much there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8