We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 12:57

Sir Crump-a-lot wrote:

That definitely has been the case in the past, in fact with 3U didn't they even lock down europe - american play?

Aye was just editing my post to say that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 15:54

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I think it makes the most sense to do both. That's a hell of a lot of progress to chuck & it can be a bit of a slog to get through some of the early stuff, especially if most of the new content will be end game, but yeah a newer character is good for playing with the noobs.

Antiandy coming out of retirement?

Some Misty Peaks and Valfalk gameplay to feast your eyes upon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:16

I play Dual Blades, Jay as I'm a noob.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:18

Nothing wrong with Dual Blades. I think one of the great things about Monster Hunter is that no weapon could be truly considered a "noob's" weapon as they've all got their own intricacies to figure out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:22

Sure but if I get into the game be silly if were both using the same weapon.

@Drunka I may pick up a Japanese version, so we could play together and you could teach me the ropes then when the western version comes out I'll be ready to hunt.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:30

Nah, not at all. We've got two longsword users amongst the Monster Mash users.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:33

Okay, I was thinking that having different weapons on the team would be a better balance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:43

Nah, play with what you're comfortable with. I was leaning towards Longsword myself in MHGen but settled upon Switch Axe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:58

Aye as much as I've complained about it in hunts & on here I don't mind seeing folk with the same weapons as it's your positioning that matters the most & that is the real key to being a good team.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:26

masofdas wrote:
@Drunka I may pick up a Japanese version, so we could play together and you could teach me the ropes then when the western version comes out I'll be ready to hunt.

You're obviously welcome to, and I'd be happy to have someone to play with, but if you're already going to be a struggling noob trying to get into a game you've previously bounced off, do you want to add an extra layer of frustration? I'd have thought you'd want to give yourself the best possible chance to get really into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:30

Remember that I might be able to get the game via Play Asia and NSG.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:43

Well if you get decent Switch streaming/ recording sorted, I'm still up for Monster Hunter Double Chris.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:48

In the next month or two, I maybe getting a decent sum from work and I'll look at picking up a Elgato again then for streaming likes of MHXX, Secret of Mana etc
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 0:34

Definitely getting on the Monster Hunter hype train this time, didn't really click with me on handheld but having the option of both will make up for it as I can see that being useful if I really get in to it, might even make a podcast about it, call it Monster Munch or something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 8:05

What a great idea! Why not gather three fellow Monster Hunter fans from the forum to help you out?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 8:21

I'd listen to it!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 13:34

Monster munch? Laughing Love the name.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 16:26

I guarantee you could top our first 20 or so episodes where we sound like we're recording in a windy warehouse. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 11:02

Well seems this isn't coming to the west according to SocksyBear a Capcom person as they're focusing on bringing the next main Monster Hunter World to the west according to his tweets when asked about XX.

I've already said I'll likely import it as that is something I've always wanted to get into importing but now with almost everything coming here even the niche things like Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash, importing has seemed a tad pointless till now on Switch.

If you want to buy the game then I've got a few options for a physical version YesAsia which I've used myself years ago to buy a Dual Shock 3 in White , PlayAsia have sold-out at the moment, I've used these the most, or Amazon Japan (got a special edition) which I've not used but I've heard Fronk talk about them before.

I think most of you will go for this instead from PlayAsia eShop Points straight to your email but you will need 6264 worth (I think) but a sale is on at this moment for 3000 Yen cards

Big fans may like this and other accessories I hope this has helped you guys and I see you on the hunt
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:12

I'll probably go digital, but might use that eshop link so cheers for that Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 15:58

Right even though I've said I'll import this I'm still not fully convinced we won't see an EU version and the community manager is just taking this stance because he either doesn't know or want to step on the toes of the newly announced game.

MH World is at least 10 months away from release & is NOT from the same team that made double cross so I think it'd be insane if that team didn't do a translation within that time frame.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 17:32

I'm happy either way, but I do hope you're right. Though part of me is quite attached to the idea of being a cool importer dude.

One thing, though: if you watch the trailer, in the bit where they show the 3DS-to-Switch data transfer, there is some English text in the game. It's only button prompts and copyright info, but maybe the whole game will have English even when it launches on the Japanese eShop? It's not totally unheard-of. . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 17:51

Yeah that'd be nice but it's not uncommon for Japanese only games to have basic English either, hopefully we see something on treehouse live today.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 17:55

I've played Biohazards and a large portion of text is in English which is rather handy, that it might be a Capcom thing.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Jun 2017 - 10:44

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928

Quote :
Just to clarify: our official response is we have not announced any plans to localize MHXX at this time.

This makes it sound like they do have plans they just haven't announced them yet, I assume because they didn't want one announement taking away the attention from the other
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next