Has It Really Been Nearly A Year? The One Year Of The Switch Vote Is Now Open!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 4:41

Making a mental note to come back when I've played this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:36

Yeah, I would listen to it but I've ruined too many JRPG themes by listening to the OST before I played the game to do so here (and inversely I've become interested in many a JRPG because of its OST, but since I'm already interested in Xenoblade 2 I'll use some rare restraint).  Does the game's ost avoid having generic "this is a rock'n roll battle theme" tracks this time though?  That was one of my biggest issues with the original Xenoblade's soundtrack, so many of the battle themes (Particularly once the party hit the Mechonis) felt like lamer weaker attempts at emulating stuff like this, minus having killer melodies to sink hooks into the listener.    

But speaking of banging classics I've been listening to Bravely Default's ost again recently.  Forgot just how fantastic that game's music is, the perfect blend between homage and modern.  Simply perfection.  Like that theme every piece has definitive character, whether it be for fighting a demon spawned from the depths of hell to a middle-eastern inspired nation built around clocks to an ethereal cave the game's music gets the job done and then some.

A shame Bravely Second's soundtrack couldn't carry the mantle. Not that it didn't have some bangers too, Battle of Anne was great and the final boss theme, while no Serpent Eating the Horizon, was still great fourth-wall shattering stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 18:22

Fair enough sir! I think the battle music's a lot like XC1, which probably includes generic rock-n-roll tracks - sorry. Certainly some of the boss tracks buck that trend. I did prefer them to XC1's if that helps? Couldn't stand the likes of YWNON, and Mechanical Rhythm only gets good halfway through.

You know, I warmed to Bravely Second's OST after a while, albeit it remained nowhere near as good as the original's. I ended up liking the Providence theme, not to mention Sapp and Piddler's music and the final dungeon theme, the latter of which is top FFIII-style stuff. Never got on with Anne beyond the 20s or so of Spanish guitar - then it becomes the shrieky generic electric stuff Ryo couldn't drag themselves away from. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 20:01

DoPo, but what the heck: Celeste's music has caught my ear.  Like Undertale, it's in the chiptune-plus style, where chiptune soundsets are backed up by 'real instruments'; and like Undertale, it would seem to be a thing of beauty.

Here's the first level theme.  I was going to stick up the prologue music, but everyone deserves to discover that first glorious moment with the game's music themselves.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 0:38

Oooh, I like that a lot! This game gets more and more tempting all the time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:24

See, I didn't like that one so much. The thing that kicks in at 21 seconds (to go?) to pretty much lead the tune thereafter gets on my nerves. If that had been something else - a violin, perhaps - I would have been right there with you. Aww! There is some solid work in the game, though - on that I can agree. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 21:04

The synth pad thing? I'm surprised at that Zero. I completely understand disliking certain instrument sounds (see me/Jay and the Inkling voices), but that's what the track uses for its chiptune-esque quality: as a big fan of retro gaming, I presumed you'd be all over that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 8:06

I've let go of my need to correct your wrongness about the Splatoon soundtrack since going to a concert and being surrounded by 100s of people getting super into it and emotional.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 8:29

It has to be good chiptune for me to like it, is how I'd describe it. Just because it belongs to that genre, it doesn't automatically qualify it to be something I love unconditionally. That said, there are some incredible tracks in the game, for sure. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: