There ain't no party like a Mario Party, 'cause a Mario Party don't stop until a Joy-Con's gone through the TV and everyone hates each other.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
Disciple of Aonuma

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Sat 15 Sep 2018 - 12:11

JayMoyles wrote:
You're out of your vector. (Although, I could realistically put most of TWEWY's soundtrack here, but you've all heard Calling ten million times already.)

This is exactly the game I expected you to hit me with. Laughing Can't stand the rap at the start, but from 0:41 this is indeed banging. That said, there's a reason Calling is the one we've all heard: it's by far the best.

Incidentally I like to think that the titular transformation is a matrix multiplication.[/mathsnerd]

JayMoyles wrote:
You've probably heard Lost in Thoughts All Alone from Fire Emblem Fates, but I much prefer the snappier and darker Nohrian version. If the track sounds like it's cutting out at points, that's because there's no "clean" release of this track so the uploader has to work around the main villain grunting in displeasure in the scene that track plays in. Neutral

The Nohr version is better, no doubts about that. Top song.

JayMoyles wrote:
Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion? I much prefer the Smash version as the original is less "living in the haunted mansion", and more Disney's The Haunted Mansion.

A classic, but I still prefer the original. Or the Japanese version, where the female voice seems less annoying.

JayMoyles wrote:
I nearly forgot about this one. I love this. It perfectly encapsulates the Mother games in my eyes. And it's also an excuse for me to post the absolutely wonderful animation/music video thing.

This one brings tears to my eyes every time. Crying or Very sad That said, is it in the game itself? Seems a bit much for the NES!

JayMoyles wrote:
Just gotta keep on climbing!

Duh! How did I miss this? Absolutely deserves to be in my top five! The Indoline Prateorium can get stuffed, this is what it's all about! Excellent pick.

Thanks Jay! What genre did you expect the XCX song to fall into? And, er, what genre is it? Eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Calamity Forumite

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)   Mon 17 Sep 2018 - 23:02

Balladeer wrote:
That said, is it in the game itself?  Seems a bit much for the NES!

Thanks Jay!  What genre did you expect the XCX song to fall into?  And, er, what genre is it? Eh?

You know what - I don't think it is. It's only on the vocal soundtrack accompaniment which also includes a vocal rendition of the Eight Melodies track (note: can't help but feel that "no crying until the end" tagline is particularly apt after playing Mother 3  Sad ). But, considering that I can't hear any version of it without singing along, I'll give it a pass.

As for the XCX track, I was expecting something sweeping and orchestral with potentially some electric guitar thrown in like in Xenoblade Chronicles. That ended up being decidedly more techno!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Links Not Embedded Vids!)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7