We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread

Go down 
+9
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017 - 9:31

Day one DLC still rankles but if they're doing extra story later on down the line, that's alright. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017 - 9:43

I like knowing that it's there & if I happen to like a game enough I'll pick up the DLC.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 17:17

The game seems to be decently received critically. Can't wait to get my paws on it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 20:28

I got stuck into this last night, and I'm impressed so far. This looks and sounds fantastic, and the battle system is smartly done. I usually think that tactical RPGs are for registered sex offenders, but this is good. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 22:13

I've got my preorder out for this - well keen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 21:48

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
This looks and sounds fantastic...

These are my takeaways thus far. That, and the plot is the most contrived thing since Layton vs. AA's.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 21:56

I'm really enjoying this! The strategy is a bit more involved than you'd first think - it takes the usually boring bit of moving your soldiers about in XCOM and makes it into the best bit of the battling.

Grant Kirkhope's soundtrack is exceptionally good too. I expect I'll be hitting up the music thread soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 5:54

Only just scraped past the mid-boss of world one. I am not good at the strategies. No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:32

It's a tough cookie, to be fair. I had my first game over fighting the boss of World One, and I expect it won't be my only game over judging by chat around the Internet.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:35

Enjoying this so far, though one small niggle - the guns cost so much that I can't see myself moving from a core team of 3. I'd love to chop and change but I feel stuck to whoever I've most recently bought a weapon for (so far Mario, Luigi and Peach Rabbid).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:37

I'd say that'd be an incentive to replay the worlds and pick up the collectables then as you'd end up picking up a fair few coins from exploring and taking down the challenges too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:55

I think I'll need a decent cast of at least five, otherwise everyone will die when the mushrooms start to run thin.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 22:32

I am commencing this game. It occurs to me that this is the first new game featuring Mario on the Switch - six months in!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 23:08

It's also the first new game featuring Rabbid Peach on the Switch - six months in! A travesty.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 10:57

I was in GAME yesterday with a Rabbid Peach in my hand, really considering it. Then I realised it was £16 and not even an Amiibo. It's just a ludicrously marked up plastic figurine.
Toys in general seem to have a massive mark-up lately, with the Transformers I still imagine at the £10 size now being more like 22.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 12:41

Drunkalilly wrote:
I was in GAME yesterday with a Rabbid Peach in my hand, really considering it. Then I realised it was £16 and not even an Amiibo. It's just a ludicrously marked up plastic figurine.
Toys in general seem to have a massive mark-up lately, with the Transformers I still imagine at the £10 size now being more like 22.

#Brexit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 12:55

This has been coming for a while. Plastic is getting more and more expensive as the oil runs out. Also, kids are less interested in traditional toys and more into videogames, apps and so on. This has been a problem for Transformers fans, as the traditional main series of good toys doesn't really sell any more. Instead, there are very oversimplified ones for young kids and very pricey ones aimed at adult collectors without the nice figures in the middle that got people on board in the first place.

This is why the toys-to-life thing is so big, partly to get kids interested who aren't super into toys and partly to justify prices.

Also brexit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 19:37

But if people only buy the amiibo because they're cute figurines... Eh? Anyway I agree that the price is stupid.

Also this game makes me feel good at strategy, even though I know I'm not. Smile Take that Smashers! Not got the hang of Luigi yet, he keeps getting beaten to within an inch of his fairly limited life. Big about-turn from the M&L games, where he's a defensive powerhouse...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 20:58

He's a sniper, for all intents and purposes. Keep him away from the frontlines and let him mop up the rest of the gang's work.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 19:50

Oh I know - it's just currently I'm dealing with levels with a lot of verticals, meaning that resting at a distance usually means at a vertical disadvantage with cover in the way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 20:54

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Enjoying this so far, though one small niggle - the guns cost so much that I can't see myself moving from a core team of 3. I'd love to chop and change but I feel stuck to whoever I've most recently bought a weapon for (so far Mario, Luigi and Peach Rabbid).

I started M+R this morning and Andy is right, I can't see me changing from the first 4 characters. I'm only on World 1-4 but perfected every stage so far but guessing it is walking me a long then me being gud.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 0:21

Considering you get enough coinage to buy a new weapon every stage and every character gets their own skill points, I think you'll really be restricting yourself playing with the first four. Wait... you won't have even unlocked anyone else so how would you know already you'll stick to the first four? Laughing

I played some of the co-op mode with my younger brother last night. It's really fun working out a strategy together and I really do recommend playing the campaigns if you can. Play them as soon as you unlock them as it'll keep them challenging and makes the strategy that much better.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 10:12

Because the first 4 be the ones I'd buy guns for first.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 15:21

...but you'll get enough coins per stage to buy a new weapon for a character. Confused

Plus, with the way the game is progressing, you'll want to change up your team to fit the battle ahead. Silly and restrictive perspective, Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 15:25

I'm basing it on what Andy and how far I'm into the game and what I've seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next