We're Taking A Yooka To See How It Playlees

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   10/09/17, 03:26 pm

Give it time. You've only unlocked half of the cast, after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   25/09/17, 05:30 pm

I've almost finished this over the past couple of days, really good game that looks, feels, and sounds like a Nintendo title. I've not come into any money troubles as mentioned earlier in the thread. I tend to rotate my team based on the maps but Rabbid Mario and Peach normally fight for one spot with Rabbid Luigi taking the other. That guy is an absolute beast when you max out his speed and dash attacks. The vampire status means he effectively heals for 160HP per turn when maxed, while allies shooting the vamped target get to soak up free health too. His only weakness are maps where he can't reach people or those
Spooky world enemy type spoiler:

The kinetic focus of the battles is a real highlight, everything feels very fluid. My only real gripes come outside of the combat. I appreciate there being some puzzles to break the pace up but I haven't found them particularly interesting and I'm always a bit disappointed when one shows up. They're simple enough and do show off the set design but I'd rather crack on with the shootybangs.

I think what's most impressive though is that every character seems to be pretty good. Although I've got my rotation set for the most part, I'll still give Luigi/R.Peach/R.Yoshi a go every now and then, and the team doesn't miss a beat as long as the map is appropriate. Just a really pleasant, well designed, game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   25/09/17, 08:10 pm

Muss wrote:

The kinetic focus of the battles is a real highlight, everything feels very fluid.

That's my key takeaway from the battles. The movement phases in this are genuinely brilliant whereas it felt like busywork to an extent in XCOM. Considering how important movement is to Mario as a whole, it makes perfect sense to have moving about the field an integral part of doing damage to enemies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   

Back to top Go down

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3