We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread

Go down 
+9
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 15:26

Give it time. You've only unlocked half of the cast, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 17:30

I've almost finished this over the past couple of days, really good game that looks, feels, and sounds like a Nintendo title. I've not come into any money troubles as mentioned earlier in the thread. I tend to rotate my team based on the maps but Rabbid Mario and Peach normally fight for one spot with Rabbid Luigi taking the other. That guy is an absolute beast when you max out his speed and dash attacks. The vampire status means he effectively heals for 160HP per turn when maxed, while allies shooting the vamped target get to soak up free health too. His only weakness are maps where he can't reach people or those
Spooky world enemy type spoiler:

The kinetic focus of the battles is a real highlight, everything feels very fluid. My only real gripes come outside of the combat. I appreciate there being some puzzles to break the pace up but I haven't found them particularly interesting and I'm always a bit disappointed when one shows up. They're simple enough and do show off the set design but I'd rather crack on with the shootybangs.

I think what's most impressive though is that every character seems to be pretty good. Although I've got my rotation set for the most part, I'll still give Luigi/R.Peach/R.Yoshi a go every now and then, and the team doesn't miss a beat as long as the map is appropriate. Just a really pleasant, well designed, game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:10

Muss wrote:

The kinetic focus of the battles is a real highlight, everything feels very fluid.

That's my key takeaway from the battles. The movement phases in this are genuinely brilliant whereas it felt like busywork to an extent in XCOM. Considering how important movement is to Mario as a whole, it makes perfect sense to have moving about the field an integral part of doing damage to enemies.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 8:07

Has anyone else picked up the Donkey Kong Expansion or thinking about it? Im tempted because tbh it looks really fun but what do you peeps think?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 10:18

I'll definitely be getting it, just working through what I'm playing at the moment first
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 14:43

I traded my copy in a while ago, but in a year or two I might well pick it up again with a view to playing through the DLC... not that that helps the discussion. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 15:10

Tbf they've done a physical edition with all the content now so rebuying isn't that bad an idea on the long term!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 15:16

I think I've got the season pass, but I really need to go and finish the last ch:oops: apter first before getting round to the DLC!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 21:40

It does look like a laff - however, I didn't finish the last world and sort of ran out of Steam. These aren't usually my sort of game, so I'm pleased I got as far as I did!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 16:18

I've got the expansion but not played it yet, Will let you know as soon as I do.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread   Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cappa's AND ONLY CAPPA'S Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3