We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  Empty
PostSubject: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:49

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:52

This must be the game hinted in Watch Dogs 2 and it does look good but the toys to life market seems a little dead.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:57

Spaceships with fire lasers though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 23:23

SICK.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 0:26

Wasn't interested until I saw the planet-side sections - that made it pretty cool. Kind of like a human and totally serious Star Fox. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 10:26

I do like the look of this but if it is like £80 then no mate.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:00

Not 100 percent on this but I think they mentioned that the toys aren't essential.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:28

You'd think one at least will come in the pack even if I've not got to buy more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017 - 21:39

This interview on the Nintendo UK site confirms what was said above.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/July/Interview-Video-games-and-toy-starships-combine-in-Starlink-Battle-for-Atlas-1243858.html

I'd say it still isn't a 100 percent clear if a fee is attached to these digital version of the spaceship parts or not but that aside the game is still sounding very fun to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 23:55

BUMP!

Zero wrote:

Wasn't interested until I saw the planet-side sections - that made it pretty cool. Kind of like a human and totally serious Star Fox

Oh would you look at that. Laughing

Anyhoo onward to the news:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/star_fox_swoops_into_starlink_battle_for_atlas_arrives_on_16th_october

Has this crossover sold anyone on the game or nah? I'm still well up for it.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 2:14

If I'm being honest, I totally forgot this existed. Even when I saw the thread rear its head again, I had it confused with Bethesda's new thingy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 10:34

We might get a good Starfox game

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  Giphy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 14:29

My buddy got me a copy of this for my birthday. Neither of us expects the game to be up to much but that is a really nice little toy Arwing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 23:44

Oh look how enthusiastic I was about this and I didn't even end up getting it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 6:07

So, I played an hour or two of this a couple of evenings ago. It's alright.

The gameplay is pretty average for a space shooter. In the free movement, outer space sections you have the age-old problem of rotating on the spot, chasing indicators on the edges of the screen. The planet stuff is a little better, although sometimes the variety and challenge just comes from being stuck to the floor like an F-Zero car and unable to fly.

It looks pretty! Colourful space nebulas, lots of ships and particle effects and lighting, and weird and wonderful planets.

The big downside is the story. It's really generic stuff, with an utterly unlikeable cast of Saturday Morning Cartoon caricatures on a dull adventure with CGI that looks like that thunderbirds reboot and a leading man who is truly the most white bread, run-of-the-mill, squarejawed Whiteguy Shootsgood I've ever seen.

But then! At the end of the first cutscene, as everyone has hopped into their ships and we're about to get the first taste of gameplay . . . Starfox show up! Basically, Nintendo players get an extra little bit tacked onto every cutscene where Fox and co give their two cents. Also, as I was playing as Fox, I got there dialogue in all the gameplay sections as well. I even think there are whole extra missions about Starwolf! This is how you do this kind of guest character integration!

What it ultimately felt like was watching a crossover between a beloved TV show and one you don't care about at all. Any time Fox wasn't on screen, any time it was the main plot or the boring cast, I was asking: "Where's Fox?".

Might go back and have another play now and then.
Probably well worth the stupidly cheap asking price if you're a starfox fan, especially with the Arwing model thrown in for good measure.

Try to buy secondhand though, like Rob did.

Fuck Ubisoft.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 12:48

Naturally I don't expect it to match the quality of Star Fox, but does it at least put up a good impression of it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:33

Of free roam levels? Sure.
Of the on-rails stuff? Not that I saw.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:42

Meh, it's the on-rails stuff that's the big draw for me with Star Fox. Not that I planned to buy this or anything, but that's more or less confirmed I won't bother with it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:45

Same.

I'm happy; my interest was always in the toy Arwing more than the game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I love space and spaceships that go pew pew pew)
Page 1 of 1