We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Dec 2017 - 14:32

I caved and bought a probably-slightly-more-expensive SNES Mini Classic for my sister for Christmas. Here's hoping that's the right idea...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Dec 2017 - 17:06

Ah! I hope she likes it. The SNES remains my favourite machine, though I recognise that's possibly the rose-tinted glasses talking. Cool
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 14:33

My brother got one of these last month and yesterday I was over. Had a bash on SF2 Turbo and Donkey Kong Country, and experienced pleasant waves of nostalgia.

Will move this thread to Retro, where it belongs. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 0:25

I got mine.

My cousin and I played some this afternoon. We both seemed to suck (me more so) and I would say Super Mario Kart has aged terribly as I could barely see what was going on.

I'm not sure about the whole 4:3 and not tried the modes like pixel perfect to see what they're like but I do hope to get to some of these games especially the likes of FFVI (III).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 8:36

I'd clean forgotten that we played some Super Mario Kart Battle Mode! Duh! Yes, it was hard to see what was going on... like, ridiculously so. Embarrassed

I didn't get a SNES Mini myself, as I'd thought I might. This is both a good and a bad thing - I felt a twinge of sadness when my brother scrolled past Star Fox on the game selection screen. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 6:08

Contrary to Past Zero Of Boxing Day Last Year, I now have a SNES Mini! Grin Jo got me one for our wedding anniversary and we christened it by playing a bit of Super Mario Kart. I won and she came fourth, which is creditable as she didn't have the track knowledge I did. Mind you, I was trying to use my modern MK knowledge and powerslide around corners, which did not work well. Duh!

The second thing I played was Star Fox. Applause It looks absolutely terrible now, what with what we used to call 'slowdown', which I now gather we have to term 'dips in frame rate', but it's still as fun as it ever was. That also seems to have unlocked Star Fox 2 - I might record my first playing of that. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:26

Starfox and its sequel are the two games that have me still wanting to grab one of these. One day . . . one day.

Looking forward to your #Youtube #Content on the subject! Make sure to share it on gintendo Grin
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 21:55

ZeroJones wrote:
It looks absolutely terrible now, what with what we used to call 'slowdown', which I now gather we have to term 'dips in frame rate', but it's still as fun as it ever was.
Correct - you must also refer to SFIITurbo as a "Fighting Game".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 22:21

Jimbob wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
It looks absolutely terrible now, what with what we used to call 'slowdown', which I now gather we have to term 'dips in frame rate', but it's still as fun as it ever was.
Correct - you must also refer to SFIITurbo as a "Fighting Game".

That is exactly the genre I’ve given it on my gaming spreadsheet. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!   SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SNES Mini - Like a NES Mini with an actual reason to purchase!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2