We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)

Go down 
+5
masofdas
Buskalilly
Muss
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 17:02

So I think it's time to make a thread for this game now that they've released an English video on the tutorial quest.

It just looks absolutely stunning & a lot more colourful than the initial trailers etc showed it to be, not too keen on the voice acting for the quest lady though & it'll take a little bit to get used to using R2 for weapons that block but overall I'm excited the direction the game is taking.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 16:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 17:20

I think I might be turning her off promptly - she was getting on my nerves during that hunt!

I love how dynamic the hunts are though - there's so many different strategies to use against the monster. I hope you can still knock chunks out of the monster in a straight fight, as having to use the environment/traps/other monsters in every hunt could get a bit old. Still, pumped for this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 17:35

Looks good to me. I don't really have a team vs. environment game on the go so I'll probably pick this up at some point.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 18:10

JayMoyles wrote:
I think I might be turning her off promptly - she was getting on my nerves during that hunt!

I love how dynamic the hunts are though - there's so many different strategies to use against the monster. I hope you can still knock chunks out of the monster in a straight fight, as having to use the environment/traps/other monsters in every hunt could get a bit old. Still, pumped for this!

It seemed that way in the Japanese MP demo so maybe the flow of the hunt is just a bit different when solo? Though it's likely down to what monster you're fighting as even in the current games you could fight a Tigrex a few times & one could be really aggressive where the other just decides to run away all the time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 19:18

Even in existing Monster Hunters, there's a huge range of items and techniques I never really use. I can see all the environmental/ monster on monster stuff just being a little bonus, or a crutch you rely on in the early game.

Christ it does look good though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 20:22

It does look really good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:46

Drunkalilly wrote:
Even in existing Monster Hunters, there's a huge range of items and techniques I never really use. I can see all the environmental/ monster on monster stuff just being a little bonus, or a crutch you rely on in the early game.

I suppose the nature of the greatsword the hunter was wielding too meant they needed to trap the monster to get the big damage combos off.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 11:14

Gaijin Hunter has an analysis video up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IeLi-oOE2U
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 19:04

The_Jaster wrote:
Gaijin Hunter has an analysis video up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IeLi-oOE2U

We Want Monster Mash!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 19:24

There's a new Monster Mash every week, Mas. When we get our hands on World in any form we'll have something to say, but we're not going to do a podcast where we regurgitate what people with more experience than us have already said.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 19:30

Sure but I don't know these people but I know and want your opinion on what was shown.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 9 Jul 2017 - 19:53

That's why I made the thread to have a bit discussion about it especially when new info pops up but as it's early days there isn't much to go on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:25

Drunkalilly wrote:
There's a new Monster Mash every week, Mas. When we get our hands on World in any form we'll have something to say, but we're not going to do a podcast where we regurgitate what people with more experience than us have already said.

Pretty much this - we did our first World video because it was a big announcement, much like we did a XX announcement merged with a Christmas special podcast. Just post in here if you're looking for our opinion on World, Mas. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 27 Jul 2017 - 15:34

The Capcom channel have all the weapon showcase videos up here they're in Japanese of course so if you can wait Gaijinhunter should have his own video up soon.

One of my favourite weapons is looking very good indeed.

EDIT: The Gaijinhunter video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCYAp19LNCI
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 27 Jul 2017 - 18:44

Argh, not sure what weapon I'm fancying this time round. Maybe I'll give the Charge Blade a proper go this time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyThu 27 Jul 2017 - 20:12

I reckon I'll be swapping between a few tbh especially when you can do so mid hunt, really like the look of IG, dual blades, Light bowgun, Bow & the Switch axe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 18:11

New trailers:

The first of which shows you some returning monsters like Barroth & Diablos and quite a few news ones. Grin

The second gives a good look at the village & weapon/armour crafting.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 10:22

I'm hoping that the demo that will be at gamescom will be made available to download and maybe some release info as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 19:14

This is all looking bloody ace - every Monster Hunter game needs a desert area!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 20:07

masofdas wrote:
I'm hoping that the demo that will be at gamescom will be made available to download and maybe some release info as well.  

That'd be amazing but I'm not going to holding my breath. (of the wild)

JayMoyles wrote:
This is all looking bloody ace - every Monster Hunter game needs a desert area!

The variety they have put into that desert area is quality, so I can't wait to see the others like the Tundra.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 11:20

We'll get a demo but not until right before release.

I enjoyed the desert trailer a lot. My problem so far has been that the trailers have all been trying very hard to make the game look cool: gorgeous vistas, gritty dinosaurs and wyverns, all that stuff. Monster Hunter needs cool monsters, action and drama, but it also needs silliness. This is when it finally felt like the real deal: that big goofy chicken, the lizard thing . . . yes. This is Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:24

I can only agree with that. The "soul of Monster Hunter", I think you said on Twitter - apt words.

My only concern now are in how they're going to handle multiplayer. I hope that they balance the difficulty in such a way that playing with your mates doesn't trivialise the fights or that playing solo is still enjoyable without being brick hard.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 0:43

I'm sure when we are all setting off on a quest from a hub like usual the difficulty will be handled the same way as it has always been, what's harder to know is how it''ll balance the drop in multiplayer aspect.

I personally wouldn't want 2 or 3 people to hop into my quest half way in and just destroy a monster because the health didn't scale up but nor would I want the opposite to happen either then there is the whole question of how do they dish out quest rewards for these people who may have only been in the quest for 5 or 10 minutes? The one thing I am bloody excited about is being able to stay in an area and take on more quests, MH Tri had a free hunt mode that I spent an obscene amount of time playing where random monsters would show up and you had to make do with items you had taken with you so it seems MH World has took that idea an ran with it.

(side note/fun fact: The free hunt mode is why I started bringing the combo book items with me on quests so I could make more healing items to stay on the free hunt longer. Thumbs Up! )
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 21:31

My biggest worry about this game at the moment is how many monsters it will have, I was surprised to learn that Tri only had 18 large monsters, I enjoyed it when I played it but I imagine I would get bored playing a Monster Hunter game with so few monsters now that I've played all the newer ones
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 23:00

That's a fair point. I think I've been spoiled by having Generations as my first Monster Hunter game as not only was everything new and exciting, there was loads of it to boot. Hopefully we'll get a reasonable number of monsters old and new in MHW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next