We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)

Go down 
+5
masofdas
Buskalilly
Muss
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 15:25

Muss wrote:
I could possibly pick this up when it comes out (I'm not around for the Beta), but I'd want to make sure that I can get in on the multiplayer action. I picked up both the prior 3ds MH games but couldn't get them online (damn student wifi DAMN YOU! ). This is a version that'd actually be possible for me to play online though!

Yass! Do it!

I should point out though that with World there is no longer separated single player & multiplayer quests so there should be less reason for folk to fall behind and feel like they need to catch up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 16:05

Also now can't you do the later hunts with having to be that level etc and you still earn stuff even you're not much help.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 17:59

Eh? I'm pretty sure HR (hunter rank) restriction for quests will still be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 22:26

Also also, my absence makes this a great one for people outside the Mash foursome to jump on as there's a really good chance for you to get the other three in a game with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 22:33

I was actually of completely different game, Jas.

Yeah I think that will happen, just based of the BETA and I know I'm buying Day One and with Ni No Kuni 2 being delayed means I should have plenty of time for Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 10:24

Dragons and a New BETA, I think I'm going to leave the BETA alone as the game is so close now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 23:08

Yup I'll be giving this third beta a miss as well, as I especially want that Nergigante fight to be as fresh as possible.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 12:47

I've decided not to partake in this beta.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2018 - 10:41

It's coming out in France, now can we have it in the UK please
Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 Large
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2018 - 16:37

It would be good if there were a big, overarching trade deal for importing or exporting goods with mainland Europe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2018 - 16:41

It's been announced for the UK now as well, I'm only after the controller though so I hope they sell that separately.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2018 - 22:10

I can't find the pad on it's own and I sort of need a a new player 2 as my anniversary one the face buttons are starting to stick. I've worked out how much the console would cost and it be about £160 cash, don't think I can quite justify it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 0:45

Not desperate for it as I already own two ps4 controllers but it would be sweet to own a Rathalos style pad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 16:20

Just watched a few brief videos showing the weapons, I like the look of the insect glaive, anyone used before?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 17:55

masofdas wrote:
Just watched a few brief videos showing the weapons, I like the look of the insect glaive, anyone used before?

Aye it's one of my favourites which I used through all of 4U and much of Generations, it's a weapon a lot of folk will gravitate towards because the flashy nature of it's move set and since they've added those air dashes on top of that I can see A LOT of new players using that as their starting weapon.

2 important things to remember when using it:

1. Never attack unless you have at least the red extract from the monster (red & white is better yet) because this unlocks the weapons quicker combos.

2. DO NOT spam the vault attack over and over no matter how much fun it might be as you could be getting much more damage in with your standard combos.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 18:52

So I wait for my insect to get the red extract and then start attacking?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 19:33

You can aim/control the kinsect so getting the extracts is up to you, for the most part on monsters red is on the head, white on the legs & orange on the body.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 7:40

I've just seen a trailer on Twitter that suggests you can play Monster Hunter World as Ryu and Sakura from the Street Fighter series, including the ability to throw fireballs at monsters! Please tell me Phoenix Wright is coming, so that I will eventually be able to find footage of him wielding an axe that's about his size and shouting "OBJECTION!" if he gets trampled/gored.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 10:15

There will be a good chance of that since games in the past have guild card backgrounds for him, with that said I don't like how they are throwing this SFV event quest up early for folk who have the save data.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 11:00

So it's only for people whos played SFV then, lucky me I guess but seems sensible though as the arcade edition of SFV is already under £15 that I would think it flopped, and looking at places like Amazon I think monster hunter world has been a huge success that some may be tempted to pick up SFV Arcade Edition now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 11:08

The_Jaster wrote:
I don't like how they are throwing this SFV event quest up early for folk who have the save data.

That's a little ugly, like how Nintendo.co.uk sold Code Name S.T.E.A.M. with a bundle of rare Fire Emblem amiibo a couple of years ago. No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 11:38

masofdas wrote:
So it's only for people whos played SFV then, lucky me I guess but seems sensible though as the arcade edition of SFV is already under £15 that I would think it flopped, and looking at places like Amazon I think monster hunter world has been a huge success that some may be tempted to pick up SFV Arcade Edition now.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/01/27/here-comes-new-hunters-ryu-and-sakura-join-monster-hunter-world

That blog post says it'll get put up at a later date for those who don't own SFV, it won't be bad if I can still join the quest if one you's post it.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 14:50

I know me, Jay and Muss all did play SFV that we could post the quest.

Anyway on MHW, I've not played much yet but enjoying it due to how the game introduces to everything. That to me feels like the thing that they've more accessible, as the actual hunts and quests don't seem that much different to before.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 14:59

So, my feelings on Monster Hunter World at around 15 hours in:

The actual play of the game is gorgeous and incredible. They've dragged Monhan kicking and screaming into 2018, and the systems now work to ensure the game resides in the field, hunting monsters and exploring, not in menus.
The flow and the structure really lend themselves to playing this like a deep, singleplayer adventure.

On the other hand, the online-focused design leads to some really frustrating decisions. The main one is that there's no option to pause. I'm having to look up online how to force a sleep mode on my xbox without quitting out of the game, as I'm trying to play the game while stopping and starting to do this and that because I live in the real world, with other people and two cats.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 1:37

I can see this running away with the coveted GNamer GOTY 2k18 award.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next