We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come

Go down 
+10
masofdas
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Balladeer
EofGizmo
NintenDUCK
Muss
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Chaos or Order?
Chaos
SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Vote_lcap60%SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Order
SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Vote_lcap40%SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Empty
PostSubject: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 19:07

I can't remember if we had a thread like this for Splatoon, but here's one for Spla2n.

This isn't a thread for discussing the game, or the actual organising and playing of Splatfests. This is a thread for all forumites, whether they've welcomed the glorious light of Splatoon into their hearts or not, to discuss and debate the actual splatfest subjects.

Let's kick it off with our pre-release Testfire Splatfest.

CAKE or ICE CREAM

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Cake_o10

There's already been some discussion of this, on the forum as well as on the twitter.

My initial thoughts were that while cake is consistently very good, ice cream has phenomenal highs - Ben and Jerry's, Carte D'or - but also some lows, like a flavourless Tesco value "vanilla". I've never had a cake that I didn't enjoy, while Ice Cream can sometimes be an uninspiring bowl of dental pain. It suggested that while cake is always good, ice cream had the highest peaks.

This seemed to paint ice cream as the bohemian, heartfelt choice. A poet, a dreamer would choose ice cream, in the hope of a great dessert, while a salaryman would go for the guaranteed okay of a cake. Over time, more evident came to light: cake includes cheesecakes, and brownies, which are easily as great as the best ice creams.

For me, the kicker was this: my favourite ice cream flavour is Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. What makes me love it so much? It has cake in it.

#TeamCake

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 12:38; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 19:28

#TeamCake for life.

Cheesecake, brownies, gateau, shortcake, Jaffa Cakes, French Fancies, Battenburg, sponge cake... you name it, cake will serve it up to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 19:47

Like I said, Ice Cream saves lives in summer! Also, I don't think I've ever been socially coerced into having a rubbish ice cream, whereas not eating the cake at a birthday party or one that somebody has spent hours making is always considered poor form, even if you really don't want any.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 19:56

Ice cream is redundant in the winter months though. Cake is a year-long pleasure. This is clearly a tactical choice by the ice cream overlords by having this vote fall during the summer. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 20:02

JayMoyles wrote:
Ice cream is redundant in the winter months though. Cake is a year-long pleasure. This is clearly a tactical choice by the ice cream overlords by having this vote fall during the summer. DAMN YOU!

P A T T E R   Hissy fit     T H E F T
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 20:22

JayMoyles wrote:

Bullshucks! Ice cream is a valid choice year round. If it's cold out and you don't want a completely cold dessert then put some hot chocolate sauce on it. Make a hot chocolate fudge sundae with it! Ice cream sundaes aren't like cakes that have strict ways of doing them, anyone can make one and they'll be delightful. You can even add fruit. Cake is rigid, ice cream is floppy and fun.
You can't make a sundae with a cake. And if you really want it warm, just deep fry it. (deep fried ice cream is most definitely a thing).

In any case cake just isn't versatile, all you have is cake but you want a drink? Too bad.
All you have is ice cream, a selection of other ingredients and a blender? Make a milkshake - cakeshakes are not a thing.
Ice cream is a much more common break up food, because it is comforting and nice. The same cannot be said of cake.
At birthdays you put candles on a cake, if you love it so much why would you try to set it on fire?
Ice cream wins more letters in scrabble (I don't know the rules of scrabble, I assume more letters is a win?)

This July 15th say no to cake, say yes to rainbows and happiness - the stuff ice cream's made of.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 20:30

You're right, when I'm sad I sit and eat a whole tub of ice cream while watching Dirty Dancing or Independence Day. Why would I want to celebrate that? I have cake at weddings and birthdays and happy occasions!
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 20:50

Ice cream is the way to go brother, those cake fools want you to believe they are righteous and soft but for how long dude?
Ice cream is timeless, ageless and always coooool!

*I dont know why this is a wrestling promo... BUT IT DOESNT MATTER THAT IT IS BABY! Wooooooooooo*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:04

There isn't a cake on earth as dull as standard-issue vanilla ice cream. Also, cake has never given me frost-burn. I may not like all cakes, but the joy of a good cake in cake weather is great than the joy of a good ice cream in ice cream weather. When I'm too hot I'd rather have a cold drink: when I want a cake, nothing else can fill that void.

NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:12

Jay wrote:
Cheesecake

I'm also eating a cake now so my mind is made up.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:19

JayMoyles wrote:

Go live in Louisiana, short weather 24/7 363 days a year (there was like, one day where I didn't wear shorts when I lived there). Also I'm partial to the occasional Ice Cream in winter, never leave a British beach without having one no matter the whether! Good original argument though!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:20

That sounds like a hellish existence. No
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:07

Balladeer wrote:
There isn't a cake on earth as dull as standard-issue vanilla ice cream.  
Vanilla cheesecake.

You guys are clearly not seeing the possibilities, ice cream isn't just scoops of vanilla ice cream, it can be anything. As far as wanting cake is concerned, I can't say I've ever had cravings for spending hours in a kitchen slaving over a hot stove with only a plain sponge to show for it.
I'd prefer to have fun, to build myself a rainbow themed sundae, or a classic banana and toffee sundae. It's not cake vs ice cream it's sponge vs happiness.
Oh and you can make a nice cold milkshake, ice cream as I've said is versatile.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

P A T T E R    Hissy fit     T H E F T

Not everybody checks Twitter, Lukey boy. Bring your patter to the forum battlefield next time. Besides, all is fair in love and cake.

Re: sundaes - the best sundaes I've had are solely due to the CAKES within them. They're propped up only by the power of cake.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:10

Looking at the original image, it's a cupcake versus a cone with two scoops. There's no contest, for this guy - cupcakes are sickly and make me gag, but a versatile two-scooper can combine delicious flavours to great effect. I'm #TeamIceCream and proud of it: ice cream can accompany a dessert or be a dessert in its own right, whereas cake can't really accompany in the same way. Big up the Triple Choctopus Massive!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:18

In all of the desserts I've had accompanied by ice cream, I keep thinking that I'd've preferred them with a nice fruit coulis instead of the ice cream. The ice cream makes them worse just by being there! Also cupcakes are delicious and I don't like milkshakes at all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:20

Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:26

All the best desserts I've had have had ice cream, as a base or side. Ice cream goes well with lots of things. Cake only goes well with tea. Which reminds me, cake is dry and needs to he washed down with something. Ice cream washes itself down.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:33

Oh no, this is too much pressure! Ice-cream has a much higher success rate, but then really good cake is better than anything. I have an ancestry of great cake makers, from my grandmother's Victoria Sponge, to my other grandmother's Gugelhupf (or Bundt Cake as those damned yankees call it), and my mother's legendary Earl Grey and Sultana cake. But, at the risk of upsetting my family, I come to the conclusion that, when I've had ice-cream and cake on the same plate, I save the ice-cream for last... reluctantly, I am #IceCream.

But, on the upside, we've had Gregg Wallace and Eddie Izzard so far on this. I've for Buttery Biscuit Base stuck in my head now DAMN YOU! .
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:36

NintenDUCK wrote:
All the best desserts I've had have had ice cream, as a base or side. Ice cream goes well with lots of things. Cake only goes well with tea. Which reminds me, cake is dry and needs to he washed down with something. Ice cream washes itself down.

To be fair, cake goes well with comedy

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyFri 7 Jul 2017 - 16:26

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come The_cake_is_a_lie_wallpaper_by_devilushninja
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptyFri 7 Jul 2017 - 16:41

That's it, the forum has hit rock bottom. Shut it down.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 10:34

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come 60697691
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 11:45

No, now it has hit rock bottom. Let's comfort ourselves with ice cream.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come EmptySat 8 Jul 2017 - 14:28

But The Rock is married... Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come Empty

Back to top Go down

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: