We're Taking A Yooka To See How It Playlees
 
HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9792
Points : 8797
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : North Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:21

#TeamMayoOriginal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowballadeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15928
Points : 15192
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Hugging a save point on SR388

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:26

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
BUILD THE WALL! KEEP DARK SOULS CHAT OUT OF THE FORUM!
Balladeer wrote:
Make GNamer Great again!
Balladeer wrote:
Show us the emails from the other forum award runners up!
Balladeer wrote:
I hate everyone who isn't a cishet white male
Crooked Drunka's making fake quotes again! Sad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Bandana Waddle Dee
avatar

Posts : 844
Points : 861
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 20
Location : The floor.

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 21:21



Mayo wins! I was on team Mayo but didn't get a chance to actually play unfortunately. Again we see the side with viewer votes winning the team contest, which is maybe interesting I guess. The main take away from this though is that I always pick the winning side and the winning side isn't always that whore marina's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwyn400
Bokoblin
avatar

Posts : 196
Points : 206
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 23:55

I'm guessing that when it's so one sided like that, the side with most votes has a lot more bad players so it can't matchmake properly and has to match bad ketchup players against good mayo players resulting in a lot of easy wins for the mayo side. I'm level 20 and constantly found myself teamed up with low level people against high level mayo teams Pale <-- me getting splatted with mayonnaise because I picked ketchup like a sane person
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9792
Points : 8797
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : North Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 8:49

"Like a sane person"?! Evil or Very Mad

I did see a tweet that said someone thought that they had "failed the tomato"; I thought that was fun. My interpretation in that case would be that the egg's honour was saved. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot
avatar

Posts : 8266
Points : 8346
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 33
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 10:22

Gwyn400 wrote:
I'm guessing that when it's so one sided like that, the side with most votes has a lot more bad players so it can't matchmake properly and has to match bad ketchup players against good mayo players resulting in a lot of easy wins for the mayo side. I'm level 20 and constantly found myself teamed up with low level people against high level mayo teams Pale <-- me getting splatted with mayonnaise because I picked ketchup like a sane person

A person with a high level doesn't really mean they are highly skilled at the game though just that they've put more time into the game. I was team mayo & saw plenty of high level Ketchup players but still had a lot of close games too, in fact looking at the app I played 32 games for this splatfest won 18 & lost 14 also I think in terms of matchmaking for splatfest it tends to put people together based on their splatfest title. (fanboy/girl, fiend, defender etc)

Zero wrote:
I did see a tweet that said someone thought that they had "failed the tomato"; I thought that was fun. My interpretation in that case would be that the egg's honour was saved. Wink

I love how twitter just seems to explode with all this great/fun stuff relating to the game, like how a ketchup player said they would throw their Switch in a lake if mayo won. Laughing People really get into supporting their choice but it's never too serious which is nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Gwyn400
Bokoblin
avatar

Posts : 196
Points : 206
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 11:45

The_Jaster wrote:

I think in terms of matchmaking for splatfest it tends to put people together based on their splatfest title. (fanboy/girl, fiend, defender etc)

That's what I mean, I was often teamed up against mayo teams with higher titles and clearly a lot more skilled than my team, the matchmaking was noticeably a lot worse for ketchup players than it usually is during normal turf wars. I'm pretty ok at the game and got completely destroyed by mayo teams way more than I won against them. The only reason I got to Ketchup Queen was because most of my matches were ketchup vs ketchup

I just didn't enjoy it as much as normal turf war because there was so many games where no matter how well I played I was guaranteed to lose because my team sucked. I usually don't blame my team for losing but there was one game where the other 3 people on my team spent the entire game inking the starting area, never stepped foot near the middle of the map at all and completely ignored my calls of "This way!"  DAMN YOU!
I think in general ketchup vs mayo was an odd choice outside of japan and I hope the next splatfest is something that won't be so one sided because the team with the most players is at a disadvantage when it's impossible for them to matchmake properly

I should point out that I don't actually care that ketchup lost, I don't even like it that much I just picked it because what do you even have mayo with? egg mayo, tuna mayo, maybe on a chicken burger? and even then I've had more ketchup on chicken burgers than mayo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot
avatar

Posts : 8266
Points : 8346
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 33
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 12:41

Yeah, win or lose it's just a bit of fun at the end of it all as you're not severely punished in terms of rewards if you obtain the max splatfest title (King/Queen) it's a difference of 3 super sea snails. (winners get 24 & the losing side get 21 I think) On the matchmaking that's something that definitely needs looked at across all modes as during the league battle matches me, Andy, Jay & Buska had we were consistently put against a team with a much higher team rating than us and it showed so much.

Gwyn wrote:
I usually don't blame my team for losing but there was one game where the other 3 people on my team spent the entire game inking the starting area, never stepped foot near the middle of the map at all and completely ignored my calls of "This way!"   DAMN YOU!

We all get matches like that but that is likely down to the more broad range of age groups that play the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time
avatar

Posts : 9056
Points : 9180
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 27
Location : Exile

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 13:51

All I can take away from this is that although more people chose ketchup, a higher calibre of people chose mayonnaise.

NintenDUCK wrote:
that whore marina's.

Come on mate. Don't use that word:
  1. Ever
  2. To describe a character in a child's computer game
  3. On my beloved and precious queen Marina
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Gwyn400
Bokoblin
avatar

Posts : 196
Points : 206
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 14:56

The_Jaster wrote:
On the matchmaking that's something that definitely needs looked at across all modes .

From what I've noticed playing solo (I assume it's even worse for teams) it seems like rather than matching people of similar levels or skill it tries to average it out so you get stuff like 1 good player and 3 bad players against 4 ok players which just doesn't quite work and was a lot more noticeable to me during the splatfest. I don't really mind, it's still a lot of fun but I'm sure we can all agree that the really close games are a lot more fun than the ones that are completely one sided. And even when one team is better it's still very possible to win.

But mayo is still a dumb choice Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 14815
Points : 15043
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 27
Location : A Galaxy Far Far Away

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 20:57

Seems you don't always win with the popular vote Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9977
Points : 9674
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 24
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Mon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:21

Missed out on playing in this Splatfest as I was out all day and night on Saturday and hungover to high heaven on Sunday, but justice prevailed in the end.

MAYO IS BAE-O.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9792
Points : 8797
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : North Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 0:15

JayMoyles wrote:
MAYO IS BAE-O.

Now that's what I call 'tagline standard'. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowballadeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15928
Points : 15192
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Hugging a save point on SR388

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 19:26

I'm not keen on this mayo bias towards recent taglines (like that one ^). It's almost like both the admins. went for mayo or something...

If Jay's must go up, let's having something like 'We'll Ketchup Soon Enough' in between.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3492
Points : 3576
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 98
Location : East of Mombasa

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 19:59

Only Tories vote for mayo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9792
Points : 8797
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : North Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 20:51

The current one was only to celebrate the fact that #TeamMayo won the recent Splatfest. In all territories, as I understand. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowballadeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15928
Points : 15192
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Hugging a save point on SR388

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 20:59

And 52% voted for Brexit. Your point? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time
avatar

Posts : 9056
Points : 9180
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 27
Location : Exile

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 21:09

Yeah, but we didn't win the vote - we won the game. We're better than all you trump supporting tomato crushers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Snowballadeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15928
Points : 15192
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Hugging a save point on SR388

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 21:47

Only better at Spla2n, Darth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 14815
Points : 15043
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 27
Location : A Galaxy Far Far Away

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 14:03

Flying or invisibility is the next splatfest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwyn400
Bokoblin
avatar

Posts : 196
Points : 206
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 18:54

Surely flying is the obvious choice? you could do a lot more with flying and I can't think of much you could do with invisibility that you couldn't do well enough with flying anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9977
Points : 9674
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 24
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 19:15

Anyone who picks Invisibility is a secret pervert, fact.

Flight is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot
avatar

Posts : 8266
Points : 8346
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 33
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 20:31

A question:

Can I slide about on ice with this power of flight? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Gwyn400
Bokoblin
avatar

Posts : 196
Points : 206
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 21:07

JayMoyles wrote:
Anyone who picks Invisibility is a secret pervert, fact.

Flight is the way to go.

And even then you can be a pervert with flight by looking through windows. Flying is just better in every way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9792
Points : 8797
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : North Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 21:11

Chalk me up as a flyboy too. Invisibility is, as has already been mentioned, too sketchy a power for me. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep   

Back to top Go down
 
SPLATFESTS -Read The Results and Weep
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» TFD Round 5 - Maple Valley Short Circuit - Results
» 'Ard Boyz Results - Eastside Games and Cards
» V&D's Results
» SGT Meeting 3 - Silverstone Grand Prix - RESULTS
» [E1] RESULTS - Race of the United Kingdom - RESULTS

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: