We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come

Go down 
+10
masofdas
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Balladeer
EofGizmo
NintenDUCK
Muss
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Chaos or Order?
Chaos
SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Vote_lcap60%SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Order
SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:21

#TeamMayoOriginal
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:26

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
BUILD THE WALL! KEEP DARK SOULS CHAT OUT OF THE FORUM!
Balladeer wrote:
Make GNamer Great again!
Balladeer wrote:
Show us the emails from the other forum award runners up!
Balladeer wrote:
I hate everyone who isn't a cishet white male
Crooked Drunka's making fake quotes again! Sad!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 21:21

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Ohuadbeobsvkh4mztugg

Mayo wins! I was on team Mayo but didn't get a chance to actually play unfortunately. Again we see the side with viewer votes winning the team contest, which is maybe interesting I guess. The main take away from this though is that I always pick the winning side and the winning side isn't always that whore marina's.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 23:55

I'm guessing that when it's so one sided like that, the side with most votes has a lot more bad players so it can't matchmake properly and has to match bad ketchup players against good mayo players resulting in a lot of easy wins for the mayo side. I'm level 20 and constantly found myself teamed up with low level people against high level mayo teams Pale <-- me getting splatted with mayonnaise because I picked ketchup like a sane person
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 8:49

"Like a sane person"?! Evil or Very Mad

I did see a tweet that said someone thought that they had "failed the tomato"; I thought that was fun. My interpretation in that case would be that the egg's honour was saved. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 10:22

Gwyn400 wrote:
I'm guessing that when it's so one sided like that, the side with most votes has a lot more bad players so it can't matchmake properly and has to match bad ketchup players against good mayo players resulting in a lot of easy wins for the mayo side. I'm level 20 and constantly found myself teamed up with low level people against high level mayo teams Pale <-- me getting splatted with mayonnaise because I picked ketchup like a sane person

A person with a high level doesn't really mean they are highly skilled at the game though just that they've put more time into the game. I was team mayo & saw plenty of high level Ketchup players but still had a lot of close games too, in fact looking at the app I played 32 games for this splatfest won 18 & lost 14 also I think in terms of matchmaking for splatfest it tends to put people together based on their splatfest title. (fanboy/girl, fiend, defender etc)

Zero wrote:
I did see a tweet that said someone thought that they had "failed the tomato"; I thought that was fun. My interpretation in that case would be that the egg's honour was saved. Winky Face

I love how twitter just seems to explode with all this great/fun stuff relating to the game, like how a ketchup player said they would throw their Switch in a lake if mayo won. Laughing People really get into supporting their choice but it's never too serious which is nice.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 11:45

The_Jaster wrote:

I think in terms of matchmaking for splatfest it tends to put people together based on their splatfest title. (fanboy/girl, fiend, defender etc)

That's what I mean, I was often teamed up against mayo teams with higher titles and clearly a lot more skilled than my team, the matchmaking was noticeably a lot worse for ketchup players than it usually is during normal turf wars. I'm pretty ok at the game and got completely destroyed by mayo teams way more than I won against them. The only reason I got to Ketchup Queen was because most of my matches were ketchup vs ketchup

I just didn't enjoy it as much as normal turf war because there was so many games where no matter how well I played I was guaranteed to lose because my team sucked. I usually don't blame my team for losing but there was one game where the other 3 people on my team spent the entire game inking the starting area, never stepped foot near the middle of the map at all and completely ignored my calls of "This way!"  DAMN YOU!
I think in general ketchup vs mayo was an odd choice outside of japan and I hope the next splatfest is something that won't be so one sided because the team with the most players is at a disadvantage when it's impossible for them to matchmake properly

I should point out that I don't actually care that ketchup lost, I don't even like it that much I just picked it because what do you even have mayo with? egg mayo, tuna mayo, maybe on a chicken burger? and even then I've had more ketchup on chicken burgers than mayo
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 12:41

Yeah, win or lose it's just a bit of fun at the end of it all as you're not severely punished in terms of rewards if you obtain the max splatfest title (King/Queen) it's a difference of 3 super sea snails. (winners get 24 & the losing side get 21 I think) On the matchmaking that's something that definitely needs looked at across all modes as during the league battle matches me, Andy, Jay & Buska had we were consistently put against a team with a much higher team rating than us and it showed so much.

Gwyn wrote:
I usually don't blame my team for losing but there was one game where the other 3 people on my team spent the entire game inking the starting area, never stepped foot near the middle of the map at all and completely ignored my calls of "This way!"   DAMN YOU!

We all get matches like that but that is likely down to the more broad range of age groups that play the game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 13:51

All I can take away from this is that although more people chose ketchup, a higher calibre of people chose mayonnaise.

NintenDUCK wrote:
that whore marina's.

Come on mate. Don't use that word:
  1. Ever
  2. To describe a character in a child's computer game
  3. On my beloved and precious queen Marina
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 14:56

The_Jaster wrote:
On the matchmaking that's something that definitely needs looked at across all modes .

From what I've noticed playing solo (I assume it's even worse for teams) it seems like rather than matching people of similar levels or skill it tries to average it out so you get stuff like 1 good player and 3 bad players against 4 ok players which just doesn't quite work and was a lot more noticeable to me during the splatfest. I don't really mind, it's still a lot of fun but I'm sure we can all agree that the really close games are a lot more fun than the ones that are completely one sided. And even when one team is better it's still very possible to win.

But mayo is still a dumb choice Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 20:57

Seems you don't always win with the popular vote Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:21

Missed out on playing in this Splatfest as I was out all day and night on Saturday and hungover to high heaven on Sunday, but justice prevailed in the end.

MAYO IS BAE-O.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 0:15

JayMoyles wrote:
MAYO IS BAE-O.

Now that's what I call 'tagline standard'. Cool
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 19:26

I'm not keen on this mayo bias towards recent taglines (like that one ^). It's almost like both the admins. went for mayo or something...

If Jay's must go up, let's having something like 'We'll Ketchup Soon Enough' in between.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 19:59

Only Tories vote for mayo
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 20:51

The current one was only to celebrate the fact that #TeamMayo won the recent Splatfest. In all territories, as I understand. Cool
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 20:59

And 52% voted for Brexit. Your point? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 21:09

Yeah, but we didn't win the vote - we won the game. We're better than all you trump supporting tomato crushers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 21:47

Only better at Spla2n, Darth.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 14:03

Flying or invisibility is the next splatfest
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 18:54

Surely flying is the obvious choice? you could do a lot more with flying and I can't think of much you could do with invisibility that you couldn't do well enough with flying anyway
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 19:15

Anyone who picks Invisibility is a secret pervert, fact.

Flight is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 20:31

A question:

Can I slide about on ice with this power of flight? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 21:07

JayMoyles wrote:
Anyone who picks Invisibility is a secret pervert, fact.

Flight is the way to go.

And even then you can be a pervert with flight by looking through windows. Flying is just better in every way.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 21:11

Chalk me up as a flyboy too. Invisibility is, as has already been mentioned, too sketchy a power for me. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come   SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPLATFESTS - The End Has Come
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: