We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+4
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 12:21

So walking dead is back on TV, just wondering what the rest off you thought of it
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 13:43

Not watched it yet as I'm a bit behind on the series. Certainly looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 15:49

it was good, preview for nexts week good aswell
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 16:51

Yeah was a good episode, not trying to rain on your parade Masofdas but couldn't this be discussed in the 'what are you watching on TV' thread?

Though I suppose we could use this one to discuss the comic too (if anyone else reads it) & other TWD related stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 22:39

Back on this friday and was just shown in the states,
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 9:01

I've read the two big omnibus comics. It's pretty good but when I read loads in one go I just get depressed.
I've not watched a lot of the show, though I started season one on love film. I did have a dream last night where I was in it, though, which is weird.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySun 20 Oct 2013 - 20:28

new episode was good, glad this is back on TV
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 13:55

I have watched every episode so far, including the latest one today. I am going to be a dissenter as such here and say that the show, whilst good, is highly overrated. It has very few likeable characters and some terrible story choices at times. The town focus from last season was just flat out ridiculous and the farm story before that was dreadfully boring.

At least they killed off some of the annoying characters, such as the deputy and the Sheriff's wife, plus that godawful woman who had a relationship with the town mayor.

Still, overall, I do enjoy the show, even if I occasionally yell at the screen to tell them not to do the obvious stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 14:15

It does contain that S word if you are not up to date
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 17:00

I nearly gave up on this show after Season Two. Terrible characterisation, stupid and dull plot and next to nothing happens.

I'm still conflicted as to whether or not I like the bloody thing. On the one hand, I'm watching every week. On the other, it's sloppily written at times and as oldschool said, very few of the characters are likeable. I'm enjoying Season Four so far, as the worst characters are gone. I hope the Governor comes back - the show needs a compelling villain, even if it is falling back on that whole "man is the biggest monster of all" trope you see in every zombie related piece of media.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 18:54

I'm still enjoying it, I don't mind if there's no massive villain dude I just like seeing people surviving in the ol' post apocalypse!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 9:38

Are any characters meant to be really likeable in a zombie apocalypse? You're just meant to level with them on the most basic human level, take Merl (spelling?) for example no doubt he was the type of person who had done terrible things in his life pre & post breakout but...
Spoiler:

Love the show overall and season 4 has started reall well, especially last nights cliffhanger.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 13:43

The_Jaster wrote:
Are any characters meant to be really likeable in a zombie apocalypse? You're just meant to level with them on the most basic human level, take Merl (spelling?) for example no doubt he was the type of person who had done terrible things in his life pre & post breakout but... [spoiler] when he tries to the do the right thing & dies for it you can't help but feel bad for him.
I think it is Merle.

No, a character doesn't have to be likeable, but a character who is intended to be dislikable, can still be likeable in the context of the story (Merle was a great example of that). In The Walking Dead however, most of the characters that should be likeable, just aren't. As I said earlier, the worst of them have died already, but, personal preference here, only Daryl(?) is continually likeable, along with the lady with the sword and dreadlocks (sorry, I am not the type to retain names and I can't be bothered looking it up). Even the Korean character has become far from likeable, despite a good start.

The problem that arises from that is that you no longer care if characters die and in some cases, you are glad it happened. This most likely comes down to the writers, as an actor can only work with what is given to them, but I keep hoping it will get better, but the story seems bogged down most of the time and although the prison seemed like a good idea at the outset, it hasn't evolved into anything all that interesting (still far better than the farm). You do need a good villain you can relate to, and Merle was good for that, but the Mayor was a ridiculous and unbelievable caricature. At this stage, there is nothing and it leaves a hole for me.

I hope they manage to progress the story very soon. As much as I still like the show, it is losing its gloss.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 14:12

Well giving how ep 2 ended looks like we will have a new villain soon (who burnt the bodies that clearly hadn't turned yet?) bit of contradiction saying there is no likeable characters then you name a few. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:13

I'm going the new black guy (the one under the cabinet in the supermarket) is the baddie.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:20

I'm saying Carl, as he killed that boy last series.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 21:06

Looks like there was no villain at all based on how ep 3 finished off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 9:44

hmm as the trailer (in tv thread) for season 4 kinda makes out there is a villain.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:17

masofdas wrote:
hmm as the trailer (in tv thread) for season 4 kinda makes out there is a villain.
I would bet there is, as it is an inevitable necessity to drive the story forward. I have no idea what it is likely to be though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 9:44

Watched the 3rd episode last night, it was good wasn't it.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 12:57

It seems no-one has cared enough since episode 3 to post anything. Shocked 

Anyway, episode 8 is over, finished for mid-season break and I have to say I am glad that the Governor is gone. He is the worst character I have seen in a television show in a long time. He stuck out as a beacon of bland. He was a cardboard cutout, a lazy and annoying waste of time. It was bad enough the first time with him, but the second was easily as bad, but fortunately shorter.

I am also glad the prison is finished. I thought at first it would be good for the story, especially after the boredom that was the farm, but it ran out of steam quickly. I hope they take a more interesting and engaging story plot for the rest of the season.

I am sure many of you will disagree with my grumbles, but hey, that's what personal opinion is right. Despite my gloom in this opinion piece, I still like the show a lot, it has some terrific moments, and Daryl. It could be so much better though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 17:51

No still watching, were just on the midseason finale this friday.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 19:17

It's back tonight.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 20:11

Umm... I just finished season one. So there's that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 11:43

Caught up with Series 4, finally!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next