We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii in the Pub

Go down 
+5
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 23:06

Who know what one of my fondest gaming memories is? Playing Wii in the pub. I hadn't thought about that in years, but I walked by a boozer in Aberdeen earlier and I clocked that they were advertising that you could play Wii while you were getting mogered. I thought I'd stepped back into 2008, but the proof is in the (Google) image here:

Wii in the Pub Siberia-vodka-bar

Those were the days. Fond memories of when Carnival Fun Fair Games was more popular than a pool table, a dart board or a quiz machine. Having a Wii was a massive selling point for the pubs in Glasgow when I was a uni student, and I can remember playing the usual stuff like Wii Sports and Mario Kart Wii while being off my tits on those £1 cans of Red Stripe. I ended up working in a pub towards of the end of my third year, and I tried to set up a games night for the regulars; sadly, my boss was a cow and the notion of 'fun' wasn't allowed.

Anyway, does anyone else have any stories about gaming sessions at their drinking establishment of choice? Maybe good ones, better than mine there Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 7:38

Some of the StreetPass Manchester events I've been to took place in pubs: the most memorable one was when Bar21 I won the Tetris tournament (which I wasn't even going to enter until the guy I was sitting next to persuaded me into it) but I tarnished that memory by using the eShop credit I won to buy Nintendo Pocket Football Club ( No ).

Other than that, this very year I made some of the lads lads lads lads lads play Team Kirby Clash Deluxe with me in the bar we've taken to spending time in Newcastle (well, it is one of the nearest ones to the train station): Science. That was ace, right up until I took them into the point I was at in the game and they were wiped out because they were hideously underlevelled. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:45

Sadly I arrived just a smidgeon too late for that! Aww! Which is a shame, as I don't think I've gamed in a pub otherwise.  I prefer inviting a bunch of mates around to mine, breaking open the spirits, and playing some Mario Kart on sofas.  I know some pubs do gaming nights and the like, they sound fun.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:03

I've played games in pubs often due to the skittle team being made up of nerds but the pub putting on a event would be a streetpass thing for Pokemon X&Y, which Nintendo paid for the bar.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 23:03

Blimey. There's nowhere in MK that would do anything like this - I don't think there's enough of a societal wedge. Everywhere's either a shithole, or a gastropub.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 14:53

I've been to Loading Bar in London, but I think that's cheating. Otherwise, other than playing my DS on the bog, I don't think I've gamed in a pub, really. I'm more like Balla- Mario Kart, FIFA or Wario Ware during pre-drinks, then just getting rat arsed at the pub.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 15:21

Yeah this is something I've never done (unless I count what Zero said earlier) but I have always wanted to go to those Glesgames events in Glasgow but stuff has always usually came up stopping me from doing so or I just don't know enough folk who are into games to go with.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 16:50

I remember a local pub doing this when I was at university. Not really a thing now, but there is a club in Bristol called The Fleece that puts on a night called Break Stuff. They play that Nu-Metal, Pop Punk stuff from the late 90s, early 2000s and there is a gaming arena with N64s. Tapping in to that student crowd but also those approaching 30. Not sure what the turnout is like but I'm tempted to go next time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 17:07

I remember they had one around the time of Wrestlemania where the N64 games were wrasslin games and the pub stayed open and showed the event live. Was tempted to go, but was easier to just do the usual and all get pissed in my flat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 20:35

I'm going to a Nintendo event at Timewarp in Bridgewater on Wednesday, not a pub but they plan to have food and drinks (not that sort), hopefully it's a fun night.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:52

I was in a pub over the weekend with an N64 setup and Mario Kart 64. You had to drop a £20 deposit to play on it though and I don't think the bartender was best pleased when one of the more far gone members of our group said "if I 'break' it do I get to keep it? £20 for an N64 is a good deal."
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Wii in the Pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii in the Pub   Wii in the Pub Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii in the Pub
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: