We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence

Go down 
+7
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Sep 2017 - 16:38

Mines this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EAKAUUK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 which is both UHS-3 and Class 10.

DF thoughts on DOOM, it seems rather impressive (if only 30fps) and at the end sort of tells us why we might not see some 3rd party games and why the likes of Square are looking at porting FFXV to a different engine.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Sep 2017 - 19:50

Yeah, 60fps was a big ask - I'm just chuffed it's coming out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep 2017 - 9:37

So, aye Doom still looks like it runs really smooth at 30fps. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 1:30

That's properly impressive seeing that running on the Switch. Props to the port team on that. I wonder if there'll be any performance boost when docked?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 8:30

Bethesda have said it be 720p 30fps on both docked and undocked, maybe textures will be improved or something when docked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 13:30

As I mentioned on twitter I think that's fine as long as it stays locked at 30fps and doesn't drop into a stuttering mess when you are actually playing, it also gives me hope that that the new Wolfenstein will be fine if the same team are doing that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 14:29

On handheld it's great but I think on a TV, where I would play the most. I'm put off as its going to be what £40, run worse on a TV then the other versions, people don't seemed that fussed about the multiplayer.

I want to support Bethesda but paying more for a worse version seems silly, so I think I will play on PS4 at the same time as people are playing on Switch, so can be part of the conversation.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 16:30

Again, so long as it's a steady frame-rate I am simply not bothered if it's 60 or 30 frames per second. I think I share that opinion with lots of forumites.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 16:55

Jay wrote:

Again, so long as it's a steady frame-rate I am simply not bothered if it's 60 or 30 frames per second. I think I share that opinion with lots of forumites.

You do indeed plus many of the early previews have said it isn't an issue gameplay-wise in this early build so I don't see why it would be in the final game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 17:21

Nothing wrong with a game being 720p 30fps but I'm looking at it as why am I paying more for a worse version. You wouldn't pay more for ASDA own Coke then Coca-Cola.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 18:12

If ASDA's own cola allowed me to drink it out of my house whereas Coke was only allowed to be drunk inside my home, then that's another story. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 18:15

Sure but I'm only drinking in the house, so I'm going for Coca-Cola which also gives you little rewards.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 19:38

I PREFER FENTIMAN'S CURIOSITY COLA ANYWAY WHICH IS WHY I PLAY MOSTLY SPLATOON.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 19:46

I'm all about that BARR cola anyway. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 19:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
I PREFER FENTIMAN'S CURIOSITY COLA

Wouldn't that be like the 4K of Cola
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 19:57

Nah, the 4K of cola is that cola lucazade they tried to bring out and nobody gave a shit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
Nah, the 4K of cola is that cola lucazade they tried to bring out and nobody gave a shit.

Someone better tell Apple and Microsoft
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:08

Appletiser?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:11

I'm happy for all of us to play the game, regardless of format... particularly when there's been a bit of a downvote on the multiplayer. Also, Cherry Coke. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:17

Like I said about FFXV if it comes to Switch that's great for people that want to play and not had the opportunity to do so. I'm just not paying more money for an inferior version of DOOM.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 18:27

Again, it'd only be inferior IF the game happened to be a stuttering mess when it comes to the frame rate and so far from previews that is not the case but around and around we go eh.

---

Anyhow, surprised to read on Nintendo life that the MP portion will only be 9Gb so I have plenty left on my sd card for that. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 21:31

The_Jaster wrote:
Again, it'd only be inferior IF the game happened to be a stuttering mess when it comes to the frame rate and so far from previews that is not the case but around and around we go eh.

Sorry but how isn't it if the game is 720p 30fps then it is inferior to 1080p 60fps, if it's a stuttering mess or not. You might not care about things like resolution or frame rate but I do and I'm going for the best version that I can play for my money, which I stated from the start and why I won't being getting on Switch.

More on this elsewhere as I've come to a conclusion that I may become
Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 Pc-master-race

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 26 Sep 2017 - 0:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 23:26

[REDACTED as I see the conversation has played out about 27 times in the above thread]
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Sep 2017 - 9:58

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 Doom-day-one-edition-steam-458877.11

Plot: 0 - It's literally just a blank screen
Gameplay: 0 - It's literally just a blank screen
Graphics: 0 - It's literally just a blank screen
Sound: 0 - It's literally just a blank screen
Lifespan: 0 - It's literally just a blank screen

I've been "playing" Doom (PC) on my commutes recently. Everyone on the bus just stare at me, presumably with a knowing amount of despair because I got conned into buying this by the little green man on the box, but you have to keep trying to get your money's worth don't you? So every day this week I've given it a crack. But every time I go to boot my computer, it's literally just a blank screen. Now, I'm all for art games, and I know this is called Doom so perhaps a perpetual state of darkness says something important about the video games or something. I don't know, I'm just trying to be objective and find some positives about it. But I've got plenty of time for this blank screen shit when I'm dead. I just don't understand why there's a little green man on the box art that doesn't even exist because I bought this on Steam.

In all seriousness though, the "superior" version is context sensitive to the individual consumer. Prattle about the big tech numbers as justification for one version being better than another assumes that such numbers are the be all and end all of everything for everyone; it's a language structure that dismisses any other metrics, e.g. affordability, portability, user base, etc., from consideration as if such values aren't worth mentioning, which is ironically not particularly objective.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Sep 2017 - 10:14

Thumbs Up! Shall we close the thread now before Mas inevitably responds with some nonsense? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence   Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shootybang games - id, ego, superviolence
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next