We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 17:02

Well duh. Monster Hunter is the best game ever, and the Wii U was pretty much a waste of plastic other than that game.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:30

A good read there, despite the shocking opinions being thrown in the way of Earthbound and SSB4.

Still, I can't say reading the list of games made me wish I'd had a Wii U or anything. It seems like the bulk of that list has made its way to Switch or 3DS, so I've experienced most of the what that console had to offer anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:08

andyman's post for first place was superbly done. Quality. Thumbs Up!

Mario Kart 8, what an absolute belter. Applause
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:11

Yes!  I'd completely missed one of the Monster Mash fellas not having a Wii U. Duh! He is, however, mostly right about the non-essentiality of its ownership.  (SSBU was a big improvement on 3D, though, if you weren't already done with the latter.)

Random Voter wrote:
Following on from the Galaxy games was always going to be difficult, and Nintendo were on to something with 3D Land on the DS; this however was a massive step up.

I'll have more to say about this later, but I didn't vote for it.  Not enough of a step up for my liking.  As for MK8, maybe in 2016.  I voted it ninth.  Can completely understand why it placed where it did though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:22

Some agreements and disagreements (my opinion, of course):

Pikmin 2 is the best Pikmin. I can't deal with the timer on the first game and while the third one has some brilliant DLC modes, it didn't quite reach the heights of the second game.
Smash 4 is better than Melee. I'm no pro Smash player but it plays great and has an insane roster PLUS the best solo/career mode. I remember Melee fondly as it was arguably the best local multiplayer game at that time. Mas, interested to hear why you feel Melee is better.

Jimbob - not sure how having run and punch on the same button would work on Rayman Legends. The speedier levels (including the musical ones) require you to sprint, jump, hover and hit enemies. Can't recall what button it is on Wii-U, but on Other Formats the run button is a shoulder trigger similar to FIFA or PES.

Mas, I would have thought you'd defend the Wii-U as it has a lot in common with the Dreamcast. Great games, experimental ideas and accepted by few. The great games may have ended up elsewhere but there were 20-30 quality pieces of software. I guess in today's climate where the PS4 has arguably 50-80 quality games, it doesn't hold up so well.

I've not played 3D World - hopefully pick up a Wii-U again one day as there are a lot of games I'd like to revisit with my daughters too (Kirby, Yoshi, Captain Toad). Does anyone think the Wii-U servers will go offline in the next 2-3 years? I know the Wii Shop is closing soon...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 22:18

I'm surprised about number 2 - didn't we have a very split forum when we originally played it? Eh? Maybe time has been kind to it; I've softened my line on it (and put it in my Top Ten). Mind you, it had to chart somewhere! Winky Face

The winner is a rightful winner. A game which has helped to kickstart yer man Switch. Cool Great stuff on both machines. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 22:26

I also voted MK8 rather low like you Balla as a lot like SMASH4U it didn't really click with me, it was only this month when we played MK8D one Sunday that I thought yep this game is great.

gJones I would have said Brawl (which is the worse SMASH) has the best single player content and SMASH4U really lacks it and would be one of the things to improve with a Switch version. I'm also no Pro SMASH player but the characters and everything doesn't feel right to me to play, I don't know what it is but whatever is different is what I like about Melee.

I feel the Wii U is more of a SEGA Saturn which also had some great games but no one really remembers it or cares and it was stuck in between two systems which have a lot of praise, sure the Dreamcast is a cult favourite where the Switch will be a 100m seller but both are cared about. I guess the only thing Saturn has got going for it, is not all it's best games have made it elsewhere (looking at Panzer Dragoon Saga) where you would guess all of the best Wii U games will end up on something else (it's only true Zelda was a launch title for Switch for instance), making the Wii U rather pointless in 2018 and beyond unless you what to collect for it and that's about it (also still expensive).

The game I would have liked place in 10th over BotW (as people will think of it and played on Switch foremost) is Hyrule Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Dec 2017 - 21:23

gjones wrote:
Jimbob - not sure how having run and punch on the same button would work on Rayman Legends. The speedier levels (including the musical ones) require you to sprint, jump, hover and hit enemies. Can't recall what button it is on Wii-U, but on Other Formats the run button is a shoulder trigger similar to FIFA or PES.
Aye, it's a shoulder. Basically I'd have it so you'd press the button again to get another punch in, which could potentially slow down your momentum, but then I'd redesign the whole level design based on that. I mean I'm not asking for much! Razz (I appreciate I have no way out of this argument without sounding like an unpopular arsehole!)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 21:22

How long is it fair for us to wait on tenterhooks before using Andy's signature against him? Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 11:18

Hopefully not this long Embarrassed

Skipping the You comments here because you've basically read them all already.

Top 5 Retail

5:

4:

3:

2:

1:

I basically have to do this by Thursday now as I won't have my laptop after that, so enjoy the rest.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 16:48

At least Splatoon is in the top 5 this time Winky Face As good as Rayman Legends is I'd personally bump that down to joint 4th instead.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 16:59

There's some good recognition in that list. It's actually much more like the top ten that I expected than the actual top ten! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 19:38

Same! I prefer that. SM3DW further down. Where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 19:20

Crumpy Andy wrote:
"With apologies to Jay, I genuinely wish the 3DS version of this hadn't been a thing.  So much was spoiled - including, for at least a couple of people, the entire game.  (I am using two meanings of 'spoiled' here because I am clever.)"
[/spoiler]

I'll sit here happy with my 500+ hours playtime on Smash 3DS, thank you very much. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Jan 2018 - 8:12

Hope enough time has passed where Andy doesn’t mind me nagging him for the dregs? If nothing else, I’d like to see the Dishonorables. Cappa’s are always good for a laugh, and on the Wii U, I think there’ll be a fair few good ones.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 10:49

I was leaving space for Zeros vote before I kicked this back to life again. It'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 19:14

Fair enough! I should say, I don't mind if the revival overlaps with mine, when it comes. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 19:37

Balladeer wrote:
If nothing else, I’d like to see the Dishonorables.  Cappa’s are always good for a laugh, and on the Wii U, I think there’ll be a fair few good ones.

There's yer dinner.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:12

(deliberates for hours over whether to open spoiler, or whether to wait for Andy to post 'em all)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:16

I'd open it if I were you, after Cappa's gone to the trouble of putting them up. I laughed, and occasionally disagreed. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:23

Go on then.  I did - I laughed, especially at Sports Connection.  'Lost Martin Kitts Judgements'.  Here, for the record, are mine:

Pish and disappointment:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 21:43

Oh shit - I forgot about both Chasing Aurora and Trine 2 (well, that latter for a bit). One silver lining of the passing of Nintendo-based magazines is that there's no more launch goggles for crap like that.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7