We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off On Yer Hollibobs

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024 - 8:17

Laughing Fair enough, not the holiday I was thinking of! How was it?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024 - 10:30

Incredible - very warm people, phenomenal food but too much. I was always still full from the last meal and then the next one came out and it looked too good to skip.

And don't get me started on our day or two in Texas. A land built for enormous trucks first, human beings second. And such big portions with so much salt and sugar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024 - 15:41

If I'm hungry before the next meal on holiday I'm not convinced I'm doing it right.

I'm off to Peru, Argentina & Brazil next week, booked some restaurants this morning and getting hyped.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 8:24

...my trip to Cologne's feeling a bit trite now.  I don't even like Wurst.  Or beer. Sulk

Seriously though, that's one hell of a bit of globe-trotting!  How long are you spending and where are you going in each?

Buskalilly wrote:
And don't get me started on our day or two in Texas. A land built for enormous trucks first, human beings second. And such big portions with so much salt and sugar.
Also: I misread this several times to think it said 'a land built for enormous human beings'.  Which, given the portion sizes, may also apply.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 9:48

It's 2 and a half weeks in total, starting in Lima, down to Cusco, across the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu, then onto Buenos Aires, the Iguaza falls and finishing in Rio.
Very much a me style of trying to hit as many highlights in as small amount of time as possible, returning from a holiday more tired than when I set off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 11:36

Umm I'm off this week from work, mostly took as WrestleMania was last weekend and its late finish on Monday morning.

Then also the first week of the new year to take, which I like to spread out my 6 weeks over the 13 months of one every other month (next is June during not E3). Yet I'm always surprised how many people in work don't take any of their holiday, then we've got to figure out how to get it all in within like a month for them, as they're supposed to take it. Don't think I'd want to work for basically 12 months straight, sounds horrible.

For the rest of my holiday, went and saw my Nan to take here shopping along with helping her with packing stuff in the bungalow sell/move. Went to Exeter and three towns, which thought might see loads to buy (did try popeyes), also especially as I had money from eBay selling but only ended up with two PS5 games costing a total of £52.

Then a bit of gardening as the weather has dried up a bit now, and my Dad can't do it.

Basically nothing exciting, though did look at booking like Bournemouth or something, as the football team was home, so thought could watch them and get away for a bit, yet wasn't sure what else I'd do. Where when I Brighton that time, met Games Asylum and saw October Drift as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 5:27

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm off to Peru, Argentina & Brazil next week, booked some restaurants this morning and getting hyped.
You’re not including Mexico in your South America tour then 😉
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Apr 2024 - 22:38

No holidays myself since 2019 but booked for Morocco later this year and really looking forward to it, we'll likely not do much outside the resort but that's probably for the best with kids at their current ages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2024 - 10:10

All very exotic stuff, apart from Mas (this thread is specifically for cases where you're travelling somewhere though (you can make a case for Exeter but you know in your heart that ain't it)).

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Very much a me style of trying to hit as many highlights in as small amount of time as possible, returning from a holiday more tired than when I set off.

I've very much managed to do this in Cologne. Sleep Although we have put aside one day (today) to relax in the room. I'm making up for lost time on the Internet, as you can see.

Buskalilly wrote:
You’re not including Mexico in your South America tour then 😉

Is that not North or, to be specific, Central America? Genuine question since you know more about it than I do.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptySat 20 Apr 2024 - 9:31

I’ll be in Germany in June, I’ll be going to Stuttgart for Scotland’s Euro 2024 game against Hungary. It could be a dead rubber by that time and Scotland could be out of the tournament (…or, Scotland could have already qualified for the knockouts…) but I’m very much looking forward to the experience irrespective of the group standings and if qualification is still possible.

I was on Islay last month too. It’s known as ‘Whisky Island’ and it attracts visits from all continents every day, but conveniently enough it was only a twenty-minute flight away from here! All in all, it was debatably more exotic than Exeter but debatably less exotic than Argentina.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptySat 20 Apr 2024 - 11:50

Balladeer wrote:

Is that not North or, to be specific, Central America?  Genuine question since you know more about it than I do.

It is North America, it is not Central America.
That was a little gag at Andy's (more specifically, Andy's fiance's) expense, who called it South America to my Mexican girlfriend and her sister. I heard about it a bunch later.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 14:12

Ah, I missed the in-joke again. D'oh.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I was on Islay last month too. It’s known as ‘Whisky Island’ and it attracts visits from all continents every day, but conveniently enough it was only a twenty-minute flight away from here! All in all, it was debatably more exotic than Exeter but debatably less exotic than Argentina.

Sounds like a pure Cappa holiday! Did you get up to much, besides presumably drinking whiskey? Any other plans for Germany besides the football?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 8:45

Oh, there's a fancy bar near here that has a whole menu of nice whiskeys, with a section dedicated to Islay.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 19:56

Balladeer wrote:

Sounds like a pure Cappa holiday!  Did you get up to much, besides presumably drinking whiskey?  Any other plans for Germany besides the football?  

To answer your first question: naw! To answer your second question: naw!

Buskalilly wrote:
Oh, there's a fancy bar near here that has a whole menu of nice whiskeys, with a section dedicated to Islay.

Living in the country that makes the finest spirit in the world has it’s perks, but plenty of the Scottish-inspired whiskey that’s produced in Japan is well-regarded. I imagine that the stuff imported from Scotland’s five main whisky regions is brutally expensive in that fancy bar you're mentioning though. Even here, there's not many good-calibre and integrity bottlings you can get for under £50.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024 - 9:43

Laughing Keeping the purity of the Cappuccino Kid brand.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 EmptyWed 1 May 2024 - 2:25

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Living in the country that makes the finest spirit in the world has it’s perks, but plenty of the Scottish-inspired whiskey that’s produced in Japan is well-regarded. I imagine that the stuff imported from Scotland’s five main whisky regions is brutally expensive in that fancy bar you're mentioning though. Even here, there's not many good-calibre and integrity bottlings you can get for under £50.

Japanese whiskey is good, and there's a cool culture around it here, but I'm a big fan of saké so if I'm going for something Japanese, I enjoy a little bottle of that with a couple of glasses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off On Yer Hollibobs   Off On Yer Hollibobs - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Off On Yer Hollibobs
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: