We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones

Go down 
+3
ZeroJones
masofdas
JayMoyles
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones Empty
PostSubject: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 17:52

Link to the audio content!

Ladies and gentlemen, in what is absolutely not a shameless rip-off of Final Games, we invite you to join us in smuggling five of ZeroJones's favourite games to an underground vault and find out about his gaming history in the process.

This is genuinely one of my favourite casts I've ever recorded across the GNamer Podcast, Monster Mash and Guesstus Flask, so I'd love if you listened into this one. Oh, and if you'd be keen to be the next guest on Versus Mode, let me know! My goal would be to have an episode of Versus Mode for every forumite who was down for it.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 19:22

I'm listening now and really enjoying, I'd be well up for this.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 19:41

Notes for the future: need to learn to say "Yes" instead of "Absolutely", and try not to go "Er" quite so often. Embarrassed

Otherwise, still an absolute pleasure to have been on the first one of these. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 19:47

Glad you enjoyed it Mas - as I said, everyone who's keen will get a go, so keep an eye on the DMs and PMs.

It was a cracking cast to both record and edit Zero, thanks for being a great guest. Fun editing fact: I actually had to go back and replace one of the soundtrack snippets because idiot past Jay said he would include a specific track and I'd already put in a snippet before getting to that bit of the cast. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 22:40

That was really good - I really enjoyed listening to that. A quality effort!

I'd be up for being a guest in the future if you'd have me... Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 6:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Thank you! It was a blast to be part of - see if you can find the part of the podcast where I forget the gaming term 'Nuzlocke'. Rolling Eyes

And I'm absolutely totally certain that Jay will be up for recording with any of y'all, you fine folk, you. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 7:57

Just realised I've not actually said anything here, good listen, interesting to hear your gaming through the years evolution.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 9:14

JayMoyles wrote:
This is genuinely one of my favourite casts I've ever recorded across the GNamer Podcast, Monster Mash and Guesstus Flask

Gee, thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 23:01

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Thanks Cappa, glad you enjoyed! And of course! As I said, anybody here who's keen to get involved will be more than welcome. I'll keep you in mind for a future episode of this. Thumbs Up!

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Just realised I've not actually said anything here, good listen, interesting to hear your gaming through the years evolution.

That was one of the neater points when I was recording it - talking to Zero about the change from single-screen platformers to scrolling platformers like SMB was particularly interesting.

Drunkalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
This is genuinely one of my favourite casts I've ever recorded across the GNamer Podcast, Monster Mash and Guesstus Flask

Gee, thanks mate.

One of my favourite casts, Mr. Hurt Feelings.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 11:47

I finally got round to listening to this slice of nice on my way to and from work yesterday (my phone was a pain about downloading, and it took me a while to get around to downloading it on my laptop and moving it across).

I actually love this little format and I'm genuinely excited to hear similar stuff from as many forumites as possible. The little "this is your life in games" segment at the start was enlightning, and hopefully Zero has set a precedent for choosing interesting games that say something about the interviewee, so we won't get lots of episodes where the five games are Dark Souls, Super Mario Galaxy, Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time and The Last of Us.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 12:06

Talked briefly about it whilst playing Overwatch with the lads and how I took the 5 games is a lot like the lava and putting 5 games in a vault and I know Zero took it as desert island games.

It be interesting how everyone looks at and if doubles are allowed etc as we did joke about Jas would put Dark Souls in the vault and Balla would take it out (I suggest the idea of replacing a game) then you would come along Drunka and put Dark Souls back in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 16:21

Nice idea but I think it'd be better to just let them be as I'd rather folk come up with more personal picks like drunka just said & not have to worry about them disappearing, I'd have to think real hard due to having a shoddy long term memory but I'm sure I could come up with a 5 that doesn't include obvious picks by me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 16:57

Its about having a chat with the forumite and getting to know them, the rest is just a laugh.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 17:59

Yeah Jay wasn't keen on the idea about taking one out, reason I brought it up is because I'd would have put Tetris in over Puyo Puyo Tetris for the historical significance for the vault.

I've thought of a few already that I would put in for my week but I think Jay wants you on next Drunka due to you going Japan.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:12

Nah, I don't want to overcomplicate matters by having previous picks vetoed or whatnot - let's keep it as a simple chat about our favourite games and how we came to enjoy gaming. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:29

masofdas wrote:
I think Jay wants you on next Drunka due to you going Japan.

Yeah, its been discussed. I think he'd be mad to blow his most exciting and impressive guest on episode 2, but maybe we could record it now and save it for episode 100 or for an anniversary or something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:32

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I think Jay wants you on next Drunka due to you going Japan.

I think he'd be mad to blow his most exciting and impressive guest on episode 2

The episode where I become the guest won't be till later on - have no fear. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:59

I did actually think about that, earlier. We'd need to come up with an amusing person to interview you. Maybe get someone you know who isn't at all into games, that could be fun.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 20:25

I'm still overwhelmed that people have enjoyed this. Thumbs Up! I too would rather not see any picks removed - let our desert island space ark vaults be our own without raiding them. I have thought of something I'd like to ask The Main One: are doubles acceptable? Could Jas pick Runbow too, f'r example?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 20:35

See Jay says favourite games which you clearly didn't pick Zero as like me you're thinking desert island space ark vault which is more fun as favorite games could end up like the list Drunka posted which is awfully boring.

Yeah what is it like 2 months till you go Drunka? Plenty of time for one of these and GOTY chat.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:04

@mas They're essentially the same thing though, aren't they? As why wouldn't you pick your favourites if stuck on an desert island - even if I didn't pick a Dark souls that doesn't stop it being a favourite of mine.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:13

Apart from SMB3, those aren't my favourite games - they're ones I reckon could keep me entertained if I were stuck on a desert island.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 22:43

It's interpretation and Zero, for instance, interpreted it to be a desert island and he's pointed out only 1 game is his favourite where the others are ones he'd like to play.

When I started listening and from the brief chat about it on Skype, I got the idea we where basically copying the lava segment from TRP but instead of a genre each week it would a member of the forum putting in 5 games to be saved essentially.

Sure I wouldn't save something I don't like such as Breath of the Wild but if I say my Top 5 Games of All-Time which is on here in Jimbob's thread then you all know what the five will be as you can go look now.

I know when Jay does my episode my thought process is different to Zero's and yours Jas might just be say your Top 5 of All-Time, it might be something completely different again, wouldn't stop Dark Souls or whatever being a fav of yours.

And I guess it make the chat interesting if all have taken a different approach to the 5 games. The double question is a good one, as I'd like to see it be 5 different games form each member and when all 10ish of us has had a go, see the 50 games we've come up with.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 23:13

MAS STOP TRYING TO PUT RULES ON EVERYTHING ITS JUST A WEE LAFF
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 23:50

I think I'm purposely going to pick the same 5 as someone else with the same reasons now just so mas doesn't get his top 50 or whatever.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones   Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracklecast Episode Three - Versus Mode Round One: ZeroJones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next