We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
gjones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 10:17

Nah, I'm with Athrun here. Give me a good solid bar of chocolate over a difficult-to-get-into-or-chocolate-fragments-all-over-the-floor egg any day.

My thoughts on Creme Eggs are, of course, well documented around these parts. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 15:26

It's not just the difficulty in eating the stuff that I have issue with, it's how easy it is to get "sick" on easter chocolate, far easier than normal chocolate.  Most of it simply upped the sugar factor, and for what?  Too much sugar ruins the whole point of chocolate, the cocoa taste.  If I can't taste that cocoa somewhere in there it isn't chocolate any more, it's an artificial product pretending to be chocolate, just like plastic cheese is a poor substitute for some quality classic chedder cheese.  

Gimme Lindt chocolate over easter chocolate any day of the week, week of the month, and month of the year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 20:01

That super-duper deluxe hardback The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild guide in GAME, it looked really nice and I would like it for the Zelda Collection but not for £30. I just hope it doesn't sell and goes down in price as guides often do go down to silly money in GAME as today I saw Metroid guides for £3 and some Pokemon book for 49p.

The other one was today which was Persona 3 FES on PS2 in CEX but it was £65, I reckon this will be much like Fire Emblem on Cube and someone will tell me to buy it at that price.

Those I could have bought the other I saw yesterday evening on Facebook and never really had the opportunity to buy it was my favourite bad console the Atari Jaguar with Cybermorph for £100.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 16:24

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 DyFaQ9EX4AMmoXg

I saw this afternoon in the local retro game shops facebook. Now as you know I love the Cube and I would like a cooler console then the two I've which is a Res Evil 4 PAL Console and a Japanese console in a PAL Purple casing.

That when I saw that post, I thought I'd have that then I saw the price, it's umm £450 and is missing the special disc however it shouldn't have the matching GBA SP with it but that's unboxed.

I won't be buying and if I had the money I'd be iffy spending that much on two systems that aren't even complete.

Also, there was a matching wavebird if you want even more Gundam GameCube stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 11:42

I had to pass on two of the best charity shop bargains I've seen a long time yesterday: a boxed original XBox for £9.99, and a boxed Dreamcast for £19.99. Fair dos, folk probably get those consoles for cheaper than that at car boot sales and markets every weekend, up and down the country. But these were in great condition. I ummed and ahhed about it for a while, but the company I was with, the places I was going afterward and the sheer size of them both meant that I just had to leave them behind.  Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 11:58

Those were cheap and the recent boot sales been I've to, people have started asking silly money for old consoles (no that unboxed N64 is not worth £60) part from last-gen stuff.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 12:17

Ooft, you get a chance to go back Cappa?

You rarely see any great bargains here as shops are way to savvy about what's worth what- and charity shops are less common than the big buy-and-sell second hand joints.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 11:27

I didn't buy the oddest charity shop games bundle I've seen for a while. It was explained to me like this: if I bought the five bundled DS games (Professor Layton & The Curious Village, Space Invaders Extreme, the two Brain Training games and some puzzle collection) for £7.50 each, they'd throw in a free unboxed DS Lite. The DS Lite wasn't for sale separately though, but the games could be split up and priced at a tenner each.

Bloody hell!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Nov 2019 - 21:42

That is... somewhat bizarre, but I mainly came into this thread to talk about just how bright red Mas' GameCube is. It's really really red!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2019 - 23:03

What a weird offering! Was it simply because the DS was unboxed that they tried to pawn it off on you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Nov 2019 - 23:19

God of War. It was £11.99 in GAME's black Friday sale so I thought it was time to finally get back to it but decided against it at the till because they wouldn't give me the special sleeve that the display cases had. Petty reason I know but the sleeves are cool and they had a load right there, how are they gonna tell me there's no sleeves left in stock but still keep them on the display cases?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 0:12

Just sign up to NOW and play it in the 7 day trial.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 8:47

Just buy it and steal a case on your way out.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Dec 2019 - 20:21

I prefer the 2nd option, the best games deserve to be owned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019 - 12:26

The opposite of buying as I sold my Switch and most of my collection, I did keep the Zelda games as you all know I have a rather big Zelda collection and have a CDi game which I can't play as I don't own a CDi or really plan to, maybe if I have all three Zelda games on it.

You all know I've not been a huge fan of the Switch basically since launch and even though this year has had great games on the system, one is one of my favourites of the year. I've had no desire to play even the likes of Luigi's Mansion 3 which has just been sitting on the floor since October.

Looking at 2020, there are games that do interest me such as Toyko Mirage Sessions but I can play that on Wii U, Animal Crossing just I know I'm not going to play it as I'll be playing Final Fantasy VIIR, Persona 5R etc that I'll just be wasting my money on buying that game which I did with LM3, DQXIS.

Not saying I won't ever get another Switch as how many Xbox Ones have I had, just going to be more sensible and not buy a Switch for that one big game like an Animal Crossing like I did with Xbox One then get bored. I'm going to wait till it has 10 games like that I want to play.

I know this a Nintendo-centric forum but how many eShop games come to PSN or XBL, this year coming has some big multiformat games I think will get a lot of chat such as Cyberpunk, retro (I may play some MonHan Stories now on 3DS) and other stuff that I doubt not owning a Switch will mean I post less or be on here less.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019 - 13:00

Well, Nintendo will be happy when you buy another one in the Spring, sell that one in summer and buy a third around Christmas next year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019 - 13:01

Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019 - 13:06

They will get me if BotW2 comes out this year and we get a special Zelda edition Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2019 - 9:57

SHOCKING REVELATION

Yes I can't see you being on here any less. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 11:02

People at work are taking bets on when I get one, all are saying I'd get a Switch Lite not a Classic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:48

This is your Xbox One situation happening all over again, Mas. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 0:03

Can't really afford to buy any games at the moment, but Yakuza 6 and (to a lesser extent) Judgment have been on my mind. Itching to finish up Kiryu's saga and then play Judgment since it's basically more Yakuza. Also Drakengard 3's DLC which is ridiculously priced at £25 - £10 more than the base game when it's not on sale, and the DLC itself has never gone on sale.

Is just as well since I'm playing a lot of other games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 10:01

JayMoyles wrote:
This is your Xbox One situation happening all over again, Mas. Laughing

I'm hoping it's not and I don't get some sort of Switch for one game then nothing to play like with those Xboxes. As there's plenty of games coming in 2020, I use March as the example with Final Fantasy VII Remake, Persona 5 Royal, Ori 2, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons and the PC Engine Mini, I'll either be buying or can play because of Game Pass. I don't know how I'd even fit Animal Crossing in, much how I didn't with Luigi's Mansion 3 and let's say it is a Switch Lite I was looking at that's still a decent amount of money that could go towards a PS5 and XSX.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 11:28

...which will both have at least one meh launch year out of two while the Switch is continuing to hit it out of the park. That's a safe prediction, I reckon, since every console suffers from that to an extent while the Switch is in the prime of its life.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 11:42

They might do but I never found that a issue with the PS4, the Xbox One yes but things have changed with Xbox that I wouldn't be surprised if the gen coming the PS5 has the dry spells.

However apprantly Sony want this to be the quickest transition from one gen to the next, and you're only going to do that with great games.

Even now this year I played less PS4 then Switch, but it's the one I've kept as the big games on that I want to play and Switch might be in the prime for you but isn't for me.

Tastes change and not sure Nintendo is mine any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next